• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which I still am in shock over. Tough for me to believe really

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll explain my position for you.
Lainey dog piled twice on my comments with face downs and she wasn't in the conversation. She jumped right in like she did a few days earlier when scotman and I were having posts on Kinsler's worthiness. Scotty threw put hate, sell for can a corn when I countered with #5 jersey's, Lainey came to the rescue and slammed material. Forward to the night of the kinsler trade and how many times can one person say the same thing?? THUS....THE FACE PALM REPLY....tacky for tacky. Fact remains....somebody called the kinsler move and the kinsler fans took exception. Mike Young sure deserved more IF kinsler is viewed as a select view seem to view his contributions as a ranger. Kinsler does not stand out here, IMO.

It has always been about Profar for me. Sorry but it's true. My first posts on the topic a month or so was met with all kinds of hostility. I defended the point and the next thing....dog pile on all that kinsler is and what profar WILL NEVER BE. I still laugh at the opinion that Profar will never hit plus 17 homers or hit higher than the mid 270's....and all because I valued Profar and consider Elvis darn near untouchable.

There is a click here. It's about 5 strong, they talk all day and seldom say shit. They can slam Washington for EVERYTHING but scream like little girls when it's suggested Cruz missed a catchable ball for a world championship. Why?....cause it's not what they think. PURE COMEDY! and worth the price of admission.

Romeo?....please, that guy squats to pee. Internet tough guy? you bet, after all the crap he say's. That guy is the posterchild keyboard bad ass.

Ok fair enough I guess. Seems a bit too dramatic on internet sports message boards. To each their own holmes.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the angels and cardinals half hearted response to the fielder trade.

well, if that's true, epic fail for both
Are we supposed to be reeling in fear of Freese?

I'm mildly interested in what this says for Taveras, not that they will trade him...but are they worried he's not ready, is the ankle injury/repair concerning ...huh

How depressed is Freese... as we were all nauseatingly reminded of... he was the "hometown hero"
and now off to the ANGELS
ouch

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Peter B hits close to .300 next year while Freese takes another step back. That's just the way the Angels do business.

Grichuk is someone to pay attention to. He was picked right before Trout. He is also headed to St. Louis.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we just school freese every time he comes to the plate this season. That bastard

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 56 years old and sure as hell would to you....all you gotta do call that bluff.

sit your ass down and avoid my posts.
Texas Blues called you from the start

Like I said. Big internet tough guy with 400 miles of fiber optic cable between us. I'll respond to whatever the hell I want you hypocritical bitch. The bluffing going on here is you cowboy.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll explain my position for you.
Lainey dog piled twice on my comments with face downs and she wasn't in the conversation. She jumped right in like she did a few days earlier when scotman and I were having posts on Kinsler's worthiness. Scotty threw put hate, sell for can a corn when I countered with #5 jersey's, Lainey came to the rescue and slammed material. Forward to the night of the kinsler trade and how many times can one person say the same thing?? THUS....THE FACE PALM REPLY....tacky for tacky. Fact remains....somebody called the kinsler move and the kinsler fans took exception. Mike Young sure deserved more IF kinsler is viewed as a select view seem to view his contributions as a ranger. Kinsler does not stand out here, IMO.

It has always been about Profar for me. Sorry but it's true. My first posts on the topic a month or so was met with all kinds of hostility. I defended the point and the next thing....dog pile on all that kinsler is and what profar WILL NEVER BE. I still laugh at the opinion that Profar will never hit plus 17 homers or hit higher than the mid 270's....and all because I valued Profar and consider Elvis darn near untouchable.

There is a click here. It's about 5 strong, they talk all day and seldom say shit. They can slam Washington for EVERYTHING but scream like little girls when it's suggested Cruz missed a catchable ball for a world championship. Why?....cause it's not what they think. PURE COMEDY! and worth the price of admission.

Romeo?....please, that guy squats to pee. Internet tough guy? you bet, after all the crap he say's. That guy is the posterchild keyboard bad ass.

you must have Profar's jerseys

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the angels and cardinals half hearted response to the fielder trade.

Do you honestly think the Cardinals give a damn about the Fielder trade? You honestly think their GM sees our move and makes a reaction. That's ridiculous.

I can see this move helping then quite a bit. It allows them to move John Jay from center, and Mr Bourg is an excellent fielder. It also allows them to move Carpenter to 3rd and start Wong at 2nd. Also, Traveras is a a COF, not a CF. So the trade really helps them at several positions.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides that small 2011 stretch he's just a guy.

I agree ESPN. This past year with over 500 ABs had just 9 HRs and hit 262. Even when I saw him in the playoffs I thought there is something wrong with this guy. He looked like he had lost too much weight. Plus he has zero speed. And quite frankly Bourjos made me nervous just because of his speed if he got on base.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be awesome if JD signed McCann or Choo to steal the spotlight back from the Angels.

Getting Freese to play 3rd has no spotlight on it IMO. This is a good move for them, but it's far from a barn burner. They did improve their team overall with trade.

My problem with Freese goes beyond last season though. His avg for the 3 years before last yr were very good. All in the mid .290s. But his runs and RBI are all over the map.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think the Cardinals give a damn about the Fielder trade? You honestly think their GM sees our move and makes a reaction. That's ridiculous.

I can see this move helping then quite a bit. It allows them to move John Jay from center, and Mr Bourg is an excellent fielder. It also allows them to move Carpenter to 3rd and start Wong at 2nd. Also, Traveras is a a COF, not a CF. So the trade really helps them at several positions.

I wouldn't be surprised if they trade John Jay.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree ESPN. This past year with over 500 ABs had just 9 HRs and hit 262. Even when I saw him in the playoffs I thought there is something wrong with this guy. He looked like he had lost too much weight. Plus he has zero speed. And quite frankly Bourjos made me nervous just because of his speed if he got on base.

My buddies from St Lou south swear there was something wrong with him, either physically or mentally. He looked lost with the bat, and his defense suffered it seemed too. Will be interesting to see if the change of leagues will do him so good. I hope not. hahaha

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based upon the long term success of the Cardinals they usually know what they are doing. Their outfield for the most part was slow. Bourjos will cover some territory.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if they trade John Jay.

It was posted earlier (not by me) they may move him to right for the immediate future. That has some merit. Then they could have him (lefty) and Robinson (righty) split some time.

All this may be totally dependent on how close they view Taveras as everyday ready.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddies from St Lou south swear there was something wrong with him, either physically or mentally. He looked lost with the bat, and his defense suffered it seemed too. Will be interesting to see if the change of leagues will do him so good. I hope not. hahaha

I would agree with your buddies. He looked like a person who had just come off of steroids or an illness. He really looked weak to me.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based upon the long term success of the Cardinals they usually know what they are doing. Their outfield for the most part was slow. Bourjos will cover some territory.

:agree: Two good points.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm forced into following the Cards more than I want due to my good relationships in Memphis. And I lived in St Louis for a year and half too. Longest 18 months of my life. Seriously.

But I gotta tip my hat to their baseball organization. It's one of, if not the best in all of baseball.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDay - "I still laugh at the opinion that Profar will never hit plus 17 homers or hit higher than the mid 270's."

It's these kind of remarks which make it easy to dislike you. I remember this conversation, and I don't recall anyone saying that he would never hit more than 17 or above .270. I think Rev said "ceiling" which doesn't mean he will never do it. I don't remember what the numbers used were. I also remember saying to you just make things up to try an prove your points, which is what you've done here.

I believe Profar will be about a .280 hitter and hit us about 15-20 HR's a year. I don't think it will be next year either. That said, I like the trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.