• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Holy crap, I mean just WOW. Read through this idiot homers story. I'm speechless at this guys "proposals". The worst one, as it applies to us:

He's looking for trades for Uggla and BJ Upton. Yeah, we want to trade Andrus who is one of the games best young SS (no matter what we are paying) for an equally expensive Uggla who had the worst BA of anyone in the entire league last year. "possibly add a prospect or two"...would require more than a possibility of a prospect or two.

How do idiots like that get jobs?
More amazing is how they keep them.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little worried about him because even though it's SSS he's awful in Comerica.

He'll adjust, hit for average, not for the HR's. He's smart enough and athletic enough to make those adjustments.

If he doesn't, which I really doubt, it's not our problem, not that I have any interest in seeing him decline, I do not, obviously

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's see...we're still being heavily linked to McCann, which means JD signs Choo

:D

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course I have, it's just my opinion

if the right offer was made i would bet JD would trade either Andrus or Profar without hesitation. of course it would mean filling an opening at 2nd and would have to be Cano as there isn't anyone else that i would take.

isn't going to happen but don't doubt JD willingness

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked Balfour made the list, he's so composed and classy...and by composed I mean he looks two seconds from his head exploding

Balfour seems like the type of guy that you absolutely hate him when he's on the other side of your team but absolutely love him if he was on your team.

Kind of like Steve Ott (Dallas Stars hockey reference).

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people really undervalue soto and how he calls games. Just watching him and from a fan's observations he is great with our pitchers.

But Fielder will play 95% of his games at first. In the past 2 seasons with det he only played dh like 4 times. JD already came out and said he's gonna play 1st, and if there is anything wash does best its preach defense. So I think he'll work with him and make him better than he is so he wont be THAT bad...

In saying that, lets get freakin choo or ellsbury. Seriously that sounds awesome. Choo, Rios, and martin/gentry. Sure, McCann sounds nice, but not THAT nice to where we wont be able to sign an outfielder

Well, I've never undervalued Soto, can he hit better? I think he can with more PA's. How much better may be the question. It's really nice for me to see how fans have come around to Soto.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the right offer was made i would bet JD would trade either Andrus or Profar without hesitation. of course it would mean filling an opening at 2nd and would have to be Cano as there isn't anyone else that i would take.

isn't going to happen but don't doubt JD willingness

It's not so much his willingness to make a good trade, I think the F.O. is really attached to him, and he's most likely untouchable as it gets. I shouldn't be saying no way he's traded, because ya don't ever know for sure, I grant that.

If you start from Kinsler being asked to move for him last year, and then this crazy moving him all over the IF which is a risk if you wanted the option to use him as a big trade piece,
together it says to me, he's here for good...for now. :)

The F.O. certainly knows Profar better than I, so I trust them

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Balfour seems like the type of guy that you absolutely hate him when he's on the other side of your team but absolutely love him if he was on your team.

Kind of like Steve Ott (Dallas Stars hockey reference).

I don't know about that ESPN... in any-case, I'm fine with not finding out

;)

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked Balfour made the list, he's so composed and classy...and by composed I mean he looks two seconds from his head exploding

I was equally shocked; but because he came in 8th.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always helps when one appoints one's own self as the judge of who is what.
it's funny
:suds:

jiFfM.jpg

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never questioned this boards lovefest click
might be more than 5 afterall

do you folks ever go back and read what's posted? It's comedy! Different opinion really upsets a couple of you guys and little girls.

I've posted as long as most and can defend a point if challenged...been wrong on occasions but always get the entertainment value. Boo Boo feelings have no place on a sports forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.