• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but I think its stupid to play the vastly inferior fielder

Mathematically, yes but there is a human element to account for. Prince seems like one of those guys who plays better when he's happy. After all, the rangers, just made quite an investment in him. I'm glad I'm not the one having to make that tough call.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, well despite JD or Wash says, no reason to play the inferior defender just b/c his feelings might get hurt, but if they think it means he'll have a monster season by keeping him happy, by all means

well, that's on JD...I'm just the messenger

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at this point, its whether or not we outbid another team for McCann, which I doubt

I'd hitch my horse to Choo if we were going to sign somebody and roll with Soto and sign Navarro to back him up

I think we can outbid teams for McCann because it's possible we trade him in 3 years anyways. That's if Alfaro keeps progressing like he has been.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathematically, yes but there is a human element to account for. Prince seems like one of those guys who plays better when he's happy. After all, the rangers, just made quite an investment in him. I'm glad I'm not the one having to make that tough call.

I acknowledged that, if a monster season comes from him being happy and making miscues in the field so be it

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can outbid teams for McCann because it's possible we trade him in 3 years anyways. That's if Alfaro keeps progressing like he has been.

Maybe so, but I see Choo as a better investment going forward, especially if you're thinking you'll trade McCann in a couple years anyway

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, but I see Choo as a better investment going forward, especially if you're thinking you'll trade McCann in a couple years anyway

If signing McCann means we are starting the year w/ Gentry and Martin in the OF then I don't want McCann either. I would rather have Choo w/ Soto.
If we can get McCann with Cruz/Choo then that's the best scenario.
McCann/Choo should be doable. I believe JD sees that he has about a 4 year window with all of these young starters to win a WS.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet they haven't traded for Tulo or signed Drew yet. Seriously the deal isn't that preposterous. Just because it might not happen, doesn't mean it's a silly deal.

My guess is they might go back to the Tulo table.

I don't believe JD when he says EA or Profar are on still considering trade pieces, if anything it was just a nice little bitch-slap to the Cards, as in "I have the upper hand now" and maybe, partly.... a gesture to Kinsler, although the former is less likely. I don't think Profar is on the table at all, I don't think he ever was, nor will be.

all speculation, granted

My numbers for Fielder come to 75 million plus 4 a season, and like any other long term deal that involves a 30 y/o, it likely won't be great at the end. But that isn't the point, the point was to get some elite hitting from him while we can. (and we want a Ring)

Signing Cano? I still say no way, (or nearly no way) as good as he is...the length and price of the contract for another 30 y/o means probably close to 300 million for the two....and maybe that's conservative.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If signing McCann means we are starting the year w/ Gentry and Martin in the OF then I don't want McCann either. I would rather have Choo w/ Soto.
If we can get McCann with Cruz/Choo then that's the best scenario.

Well that's obvious, but if it comes to picking one or the other, then Choo is the right choice

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree except I'd do Rios/Beltre/Fielder and no way I put Fielder in the field over Moreland, despite what Wash says

For the money being paid Fielder will be a fielder. Know its of marginal importance but #6AL FPCT versus #4AL FPCT at 1b between the two doesn't make that much difference.

I honestly would not be surprised to see Mitch gone by ST. Great guy and fan favorite but carrying two LH 1bmen with near identical fielding strength just to DH one of them creates a backup problem ... unless you have a backup catcher like Chirinos.

Platoon's don't work.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the money being paid Fielder will be a fielder. Know its of marginal importance but #6AL FPCT versus #4AL FPCT at 1b between the two doesn't make that much difference.

I honestly would not be surprised to see Mitch gone by ST. Great guy and fan favorite but carrying two LH 1bmen with near identical fielding strength just to DH one of them creates a backup problem ... unless you have a backup catcher like Chirinos.

Platoon's don't work.

This seems most likely, but Moreland is still cheap, so I don't know how it much it hurts to keep him, unless of course it's part of a trade that makes sense

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe anything jd says right now.

I know, but I get tired of typing "for whatever that's worth"
I assume it's just a given at this point, he may or may not mean a word of what he's saying or leaking, for the right reasons

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCann/Choo should be doable. I believe JD sees that he has about a 4 year window for a WS with all of these young starters locked up.

Ideally we can do both, I must admit...after signing Fielder the idea of Choo is much more appealing to me.

a LH slugger and a speedy slugger sounds pretty nice

Status
Not open for further replies.