• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't exactly want it to happen, but from an objective standpoint it doesn't seem that absurd to me.

JTA just likes to come on here and tell people that he disagrees with that their ideas are stupid. He does it all the time. I find a lot of his comments to be 75 on the "absurdity scale".

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the one that proposed EA for Miller and Tavares earlier. I don't think it's crazy at all. They need a SS, and they have OFers and pitchers. Tavares is an unproven prospect, while we would be trading one of the best def SS in the game.

Buddy....this ain't happening. I know we're all GM's at this time of year. But, if I'm the GM in St Lou and you take a hard line on this, my response would be, "I tell ya what Jon, I'll keep my two and you keep your one. Listen, I gotta run because I've got Drew's agent on the line."

They have options well beyond EA.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JTA just likes to come on here and tell people that he disagrees with that their ideas are stupid. He does it all the time. I find a lot of his comments to be 75 on the "absurdity scale".

Really? I didn't say it was stupid, I said it was absurd, you might get Tavares, but you're not getting Miller, or any ML ready start pitcher, as well

My opinion differs than yours and I think yours is a bit on the absurd side, is that not allowed?

its not like i said it was 100% absurd

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buddy....this ain't happening. I know we're all GM's at this time of year. But, if I'm the GM in St Lou and you take a hard line on this, my response would be, "I tell ya what Jon, I'll keep my two and you keep your one. Listen, I gotta run because I've got Drew's agent on the line."

Yet they haven't traded for Tulo or signed Drew yet. Seriously the deal isn't that preposterous. Just because it might not happen, doesn't mean it's a silly deal.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stephen Drew? You think they really want to start Drew at SS? They would have to pay him 12+ per year and he's nowhere close to the ballplayer that EA is.

I doubt it would happen either, but I don't think it's crazy, or absurd.

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it so absurd? If it takes another prospect than we throw one in.

This is a different equation than what we were originally talking about.

IMO, and that's all it is - nothing so serious here - the Travares/Miller deal for EA can't happen. It's not on the scale of Herschel Walker, but that's a very lob-sided move. Again, IMO.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Drew? You think they really want to start Drew at SS? They would have to pay him 12+ per year and he's nowhere close to the ballplayer that EA is.

Bro....I know I never used the word crazy; nor absurd. I view this strictly as you, as a fan, overvaluing our EA and undervaluing the Cardinal players. That's all.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it wasn't for Xander I would just assume he would stay in Boston. He also has health issues. So the Cards can pay him 3/36 or get a 25 year old Elvis Andrus? Well I know who I would take if I had the choice.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro....I know I never used the word crazy; nor absurd. I view this strictly as you, as a fan, overvaluing our EA and undervaluing the Cardinal players. That's all.

I was referring to JTA with that remark because he did say it's absurd, only 75, not 100 though.

No big deal. How about we just sign McCann and Choo and get ready for ST

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a different equation than what we were originally talking about.

IMO, and that's all it is - nothing so serious here - the Travares/Miller deal for EA can't happen. It's not on the scale of Herschel Walker, but that's a very lob-sided move. Again, IMO.

I don't see how EA is being over valued. Texas gave him a market value contract, so getting market value back isn't over valuing. You get a MotRP and a prospect. That's not lop-sided at all.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to JTA with that remark because he did say it's absurd, only 75, not 100 though.

I would be very happen with that. Who knows though?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for Xander I would just assume he would stay in Boston. He also has health issues. So the Cards can pay him 3/36 or get a 25 year old Elvis Andrus? Well I know who I would take if I had the choice.

Well hell yeah. I'd rather have EA than Drew. Jesus, I didn't fall on my head yesterday.

But the Cards AREN'T going to give us those 2 guys for EA. It's a bad deal for them.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm fine either way.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hell yeah. I'd rather have EA than Drew. Jesus, I didn't fall on my head yesterday.

But the Cards AREN'T going to give us those 2 guys for EA. It's a bad deal for them.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm fine either way.

How is that a bad deal for them? They have a logjam in their rotation. They also are sorely in need of a starting SS. I think it's you who is overvaluing the oft injured Taveras.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, Choo is the more pressing need in my mind

A guy getting on base and setting the table from the leadoff spot would be nice

As of now, and even before, we didn't really have anyone I liked in the leadoff spot

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that a bad deal for them? They have a logjam in their rotation. They also are sorely in need of a starting SS. I think it's you who is overvaluing the oft injured Taveras.

Oft Injured? I know he had an injury issue this year (high ankle sprain?), but I don't know if that qualifies him as oft injured... all I know is I've only read about one injury

from what I've read he had an injury issue but I wouldn't say injury prone

That's without me going back and looking anything, just going off what I remember

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oft Injured? I know he had an injury issue this year (high ankle sprain?), but I don't know if that qualifies him as oft injured... all I know is I've only read about one injury

from what I've read he had an injury issue but I wouldn't say injury prone

That's without me going back and looking anything, just going off what I remember

Far as I know he's only finished one full season in the minors because of nagging things. Only more than 500 PAs once.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LF Choo
SS Andrus
3B Beltre
1B Fielder
RF Rios
DH Moreland
C Soto
2b Profar
CF Martin/Gentry

That could be nice.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LF Choo
SS Andrus
3B Beltre
1B Fielder
RF Rios
DH Moreland
C Soto
2b Profar
CF Martin/Gentry

That could be nice.

I think it needs another bat in there. I would like McCann in the 5 spot and Rios 6. If Moreland and the kids at the bottom produce then yeah it would work, but can we count on that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.