• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming it would include Mitch which would help alleviate some of it.

They already got Craig and Adams. Can't see them wanting another 1st baseman.

My gut feeling is JD is going to pull another rabbit outta the hat before this is all said and done. Don't know why I feel this but I do.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've heard a lot of silliness on ESPN from SOME Tigers fans about Prince Fielder. I know not all Tigers fans feel this way. So don't jump on me about that, because I just said it was only some.

The first is that he strikes out too much. Well after research you see he struck out 16.4% of the time. That's actually better than the league average of 18% according to fangraphs.

The second is that he lost bat speed. The guy is 29 year olds. Unless he just fell off a cliff that makes absolutely no sense. He's not 34 where guys typically do slow down in the power department.

The third is that he is fat, and it makes him play poor defense and run poorly. We've all seen the guy move way better than you would imagine for his size. Not to mention if you compare his defense and base running with Miguel Cabrera they are quite similar. Why aren't these Tiger fans down about Miguel's weight and how it impacts his defense and base running? These are the same people that said those things don't matter when crowning and MVP mind you. So now they suddenly matter when Prince is bad at them?

I can promise you there are dumb Rangers fans saying the same negative shit about Kinsler and will shit all over Prince the first time he makes a mistake the way they did with Kins.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't complain about a player that hits the way miggy does even if he weighed a metric ton.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an addendum to my post I forgot to mention that Prince Fielder is this generation's Iron Horse. He doesn't miss games. Kinler missed more games last season than Prince has in his entire career.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's quite the same. He has been a solid player, but not a superstar. Hosmer on the other hand...

Sidebar: I see you're from Euless. You ever go over to North Main BBQ?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just by coincidence my family is doing a NE trip in May and my sons and I plan on seeing the Red Sox vs the Tigers the weekend of May 16-18.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah, until the rumors include "and give Freese a multiyear $50M extension" it doesn't sound enough like what Moron-o in LAA would do.

Good one. Plus they need to add 5 more years to his contract.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidebar: I see you're from Euless. You ever go over to North Main BBQ?

I went there for the first time about a month ago. Their ribs are the best. All you can eat ribs is never a bad idea. I wish it was open more during the week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just this morning MLB was talking about the possibility of Profar not being able to play 2ndb. I don't think JD trades away a player like Kinsler if that were true. Crazy!

MLB talking heads are stupid. If Harry Potter can play 2b ... Profar can play 2b.

One day I will do the analysis to see how many 2d basemen on all ML rosters are natural 2d basemen.

Back when TEX had MY at 3d, Andrus at SS and Kinsler at 2d ... all three were primarily SS coming up. If a player can play SS at the ML-level ... you can play anywhere on the field. ML talking head is stupid to think Profar couldn't play 2d. Stupid.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went there for the first time about a month ago. Their ribs are the best. All you can eat ribs is never a bad idea. I wish it was open more during the week.

It used to be a trucking service, and Ray Green (son of Hubert) starting cooking ribs out back on Friday's back in the early 80's. It was white bread, ribs, Kraft BBQ sauce and you drank whatever you brought. Slowly it turned into a full time gig; if you can call 3 1/2 days a week a full time gig. They sold the trucking company and the rest is history.

Status
Not open for further replies.