• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Profar may move over to 3B eventually to replace Beltre, Leaving an opening at 2B for Odor,

Never been a big Sardinas fan, but he certainly has value

:agree:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought up Cano before it seemed like this much of a possibility, but now I find myself just thinking about what the moment would feel like. I'm referring to the moment where EA gets traded to the Cards and Cano, Miller, and Tavares are the newest Rangers. That would be a crazy transformation and I don't think there's any doubt we would be WS favorites.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in. Jerry Jones says that Jerry Jones, uh, I mean Jason Garrett will be Cowboys head coach in 2014. Sorry, just had to throw that in there. But back to baseball. I heard Bowden when asked if it was up to him he said get McCann (top priority to him) and Beltran.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought up Cano before it seemed like this much of a possibility, but now I find myself just thinking about what the moment would feel like. I'm referring to the moment where EA gets traded to the Cards and Cano, Miller, and Tavares are the newest Rangers. That would be a crazy transformation and I don't think there's any doubt we would be WS favorites.

You may be right. And I also think it does not hurt having players who do not have that 2011 WS in their minds weighing them down. To them it is just a fresh beginning.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in. Jerry Jones says that Jerry Jones, uh, I mean Jason Garrett will be Cowboys head coach in 2014. Sorry, just had to throw that in there. But back to baseball. I heard Bowden when asked if it was up to him he said get McCann (top priority to him) and Beltran.

I read that JG/JJ crap. If JG misses the playoffs he will be gone IMO. Especially if we don't even have a chance to win the division against PHI the last game of the year.

McCann, Cruz / McCann/Beltran would be an amazing off-season as well. Cruz and EA really get along well and he doesn't cost a pick. Who knows what JD is going to do though.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cardinals would not send us both Miller & Tavares for EA. But it's OK to dream.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank the freakin lord jason vargas is out of our division. He threw 60 mph but we just rolled over his fastballs every fucking time he faced us

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope they do it. His numbers get worse every year. And it sounds like something the Angels would do.

nah, until the rumors include "and give Freese a multiyear $50M extension" it doesn't sound enough like what Moron-o in LAA would do.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if settling for a catcher like salty is a more logical option at this point... Settle for salty and then you can still sign Cano, and then trade EA for Miller + someone else(or perhaps wacha alone?). Then with the money we gain from trading elvis, sign an outfielder.

Its a TON of moving parts and we'd have to be extremely fortunate to have all of these pieces fall into place, but thats these guys jobs. That's my dream scenario

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Elvis? They might. They need a SS and he's their target. JD has the leverage now because he doesn't have to move a MIF

No chance whatsoever this happens. The Cards are pretty good traders themselves, and EA for those two would be lunacy on their part. No reason not to ask, but the answer is not no, it's hell no.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Elvis is close to untouchable unless the Cards would actually do what some of you are posting. Not likely IMO.

I don't think Cano is a real option for Texas. I think it's a media driven market of perceived interest from other clubs. Cano most likely won't leave NY unless a team is stupid enough to pay close to his asking price. No way 300M, 10 years is just as absurd. Once Cano's camp get real, he'll sign with NY.

Maybe JD has been all in on Profar from the start.
Cano?
Really?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Elvis? They might. They need a SS and he's their target. JD has the leverage now because he doesn't have to move a MIF

Well, in your scenario, if we signed cano then JD actually WOULD have to move a MIF. So in order to maintain the leverage, we would have to make sure robby is a sure thing and make the trade before he signs. Seems extremely risky to me

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in your scenario, if we signed cano then JD actually WOULD have to move a MIF. So in order to maintain the leverage, we would have to make sure robby is a sure thing and make the trade before he signs. Seems extremely risky to me

Yes, I'm well aware of that. I thinks there's a possibility, but it's probably going to be something none of us are talking about. I'm sure he hasn't stopped asking MiA about Stanton. I think JD feels he has a 3 or 4 year window with our pitchers to try to bring a title.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even imagine a package to get stanton right now. That would basically kill our farm

Status
Not open for further replies.