• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't land McCann, what do you guys think of Navarro? If he could fit, more money to land Choo or Cruz. Either of these two will fill in nicely. Choo would be a great lead off man.

I don't want to entertain any ideas of not signing McMann

:D

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to MLB radio a short time ago - apparently the Cards and Angels are discussing a trade involving David Freese. Wouldn't that be something? Give me a reason to hate the Angels even more than I do now!!

That makes NO sense, gotta be a pitcher in there

Oh boy.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already mentioned this, but as far as long term salary goes, I could see JD trading Andrus when we have a 2nd ready, assuming we have a 2nd ready.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what if Andrus moves to 2nd and Profar stays at short?? Has that ever been discussed?? ...not that I'm even recommending this idea....

No...he might want to move Andrus at some point, Profar is so young he could easily move over

my opinion of course

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to entertain any ideas of not signing McMann

:D
Nor I but you better have a back up plan. Look at the possibility of D/H's. McCann will have to share time there w/ Moreland, Fielder and maybe Cruz. His contract may be to much for that fit. Pure speculation I know but something to consider.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already mentioned this, but as far as long term salary goes, I could see JD trading Andrus when we have a 2nd ready, assuming we have a 2nd ready.

If a trade wowed him then yes but I seriously think they view Elvis as the staple here. Makes me think he is now the face of this franchise. And it's ridiculous that Ian's agent said Kinsler is the last player the Rangers fans associate with unless if he's talking about a white American that doesn't have an accent. Then maybe yes. But I've felt that Elvis one of the faces of this franchise for quite a while and is the future of this franchise going forward for at least the next decade. I love Elvis and I don't want to see him go...ever.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor I but you better have a back up plan. Look at the possibility of D/H's. McCann will have to share time there w/ Moreland, Fielder and maybe Cruz. His contract may be to much for that fit. Pure speculation I know but something to consider.

If McCann has to share time with Fielder and (DH) Cruz, I think we're looking good.

Moreland will be out.

I don't know what the backup plan is for catching, or I'd give a better guess DT

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a trade wowed him then yes but I seriously think they view Elvis as the staple here. Makes me think he is now the face of this franchise. And it's ridiculous that Ian's agent said Kinsler is the last player the Rangers fans associate with unless if he's talking about a white American that doesn't have an accent. Then maybe yes. But I've felt that Elvis one of the faces of this franchise for quite a while and is the future of this franchise going forward for at least the next decade. I love Elvis and I don't want to see him go...ever.

I understand, but if Profar nails it, Andrus could be moved if some prospects also live up

I didn't see that about Kinslers agent, could have just been that he is a fan favorite, from the glory years and nothing more, he was the most tenured player.

I wouldn't read so much into that

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If McCann has to share time with Fielder and (DH) Cruz, I think we're looking good.

Moreland will be out.

I don't know what the backup plan is for catching, or I'd give a better guess DT

if we sign McCann he would be the primary C in 2014 and 2015 and then possibly they bring up Alfaro in 2016 and use McCann as a tutor for him with McCann splitting time at DH and C

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Ken Rosenthal:

Source: #Rangers remain open to trading Andrus or Profar in right deal. So, talks with #STLCards or for #Rays' Price still possible.

JD has them all wondering what next?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Ken Rosenthal:

Source: #Rangers remain open to trading Andrus or Profar in right deal. So, talks with #STLCards or for #Rays' Price still possible.

JD has them all wondering what next?

Someone posted that, no way. We don't have a 2nd ready...not sure what JD is doing

(maybe I shouldn't say "no way" when it comes to JD, but I REALLY doubt it)
:noidea:

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people think we're spending more money than we actually are here by getting prince... we're literally only spending 4 million more than we were. So if we still had the same mindset (sign a catcher and an outfielder) then our overall payroll would only be 4 million more than that. Not that substantial.

In saying that, I really like choo. He could hit leadoff as well. Get choo and McCann. You don't have to trade anyone else, because frankly idk who else would play MIF if we traded EA or profar

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate what Kinsler did and his positive influence in the clubhouse. Sometimes you just have to decide when it is time to go with youth. And not only did we have a logjam with our MIFs but have a possible logjam to come with Odor and Sardinas. And do you ever wonder if the less players we have from 2011 that may have such a mental block after that WS the better. That can be quite a weight to carry around.

I think Profar may move over to 3B eventually to replace Beltre, Leaving an opening at 2B for Odor,

Never been a big Sardinas fan, but he certainly has value

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone posted that, no way. We don't have a 2nd ready...not sure what JD is doing

(maybe I shouldn't say "no way" when it comes to JD, but I REALLY doubt it)
:noidea:

Now that JD has pulled off this deal they are convinced that JD has Cano and every other FA firmly in his sights

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that JD has pulled off this deal they are convinced that JD has Cano and every other FA firmly in his sights

I dont expect this to change, but jd will keep everything close to the chest until it's all but done.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to MLB radio a short time ago - apparently the Cards and Angels are discussing a trade involving David Freese. Wouldn't that be something? Give me a reason to hate the Angels even more than I do now!!

Hope they do it. His numbers get worse every year. And it sounds like something the Angels would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.