• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone keeps saying we are only paying 4 million extra per year for Fielder, yet I'm reading over and over how smart Detroit was to get rid of Fielder's contract.
I'm a little confused. It can't be both ways

Kinsler's contract was front loaded, so they win there.

Help please, how much are we paying Fielder with the 30 mill thrown in....the press is making me nervous

Seems like I read last night Fielder is due 137 mil, and Kinsler about 65. I may be a little off but that's my best recollection. So, if you take 30 mil off which Detroit is paying, that brings his cost to about 6 mil more per year. This is ball park math - pun intended - but I think it's pretty close.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but Choo can play the OF just fine. I want another bat out there. Not saying your idea is bad but want a guy who can drive in some runs.

I want no part of what Choo wants contract wise. More or comparable to the Werth deal? HA!

I like Choo...but not at his pricetag.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone keeps saying we are only paying 4 million extra per year for Fielder, yet I'm reading over and over how smart Detroit was to get rid of Fielder's contract.

Help please, how much are we paying Fielder with the 30 mill thrown in....the press is making me nervous

Detroit is kicking in $30 million, but not till 2016. That makes for an annual average of 19.7 million.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that .159 average during the playoffs is still fresh in everyone's mind.

For me, I like this trade and see the value for both teams.

Fielder had a down year in general, career lows across the board in many categories

I'm looking forward to Fielder being in the lineup, with the Tigers kicking in about 30 million, we're not paying much more than I would've been comfortable paying a couple years ago, with circumstances as they are, I'm good with this move

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“It’s not that he wanted to leave,” Franklin said. “But he saw things (general manager) Jon Daniels was trying to do going forward and could see the picture on the wall, that they were going in a direction that he did not want to be a part of.”

Kinsler sets sights on winning - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

Interesting.

It's business. Sometimes it's tough. I will miss him, but jd had a job and that was to improve the team. He did that with this trade.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't get too freaked out. Like it was said our payroll before the trade was $107 mill and last year it was $125 mill. For this first year the difference is $24 mill for Fielder and $16 mill for Fielder of 8 diff which makes our payroll $115. That is not bad. Plus an ESPN contract will kick in around $25 mill for each MLB team in 2014. And in 2016 our big Fox Sports Contract kicks in $80 mill per year. And to top it off we get an additional $30 mill from the Tigers for 4 or 5 years. Went blank on that. We are still be fiscally responsible and have the money to make other moves. We will be over the $125 mill of last year but with our attendance and media revenue we should be.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder had a down year in general, career lows across the board in many categories

I'm looking forward to Fielder being in the lineup, with the Tigers kicking in about 30 million, we're not paying much more than I would've been comfortable paying a couple years ago, with circumstances as they are, I'm good with this move

it's a great baseball trade by JD. Fielder needed the change of address, and a recharged Fielder moving on from an ugly divorce will be awesome.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm good with this trade as well. And I believe the change of scenery will be good for both of them.

Fielder will love playing here, and I look for him to have 110+ RBI season for us.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“It’s not that he wanted to leave,” Franklin said. “But he saw things (general manager) Jon Daniels was trying to do going forward and could see the picture on the wall, that they were going in a direction that he did not want to be a part of.”

Kinsler sets sights on winning - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

Interesting.

I appreciate what Kinsler did and his positive influence in the clubhouse. Sometimes you just have to decide when it is time to go with youth. And not only did we have a logjam with our MIFs but have a possible logjam to come with Odor and Sardinas. And do you ever wonder if the less players we have from 2011 that may have such a mental block after that WS the better. That can be quite a weight to carry around.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would these writers quit talking about how the jet stream is going to help fielder? The jet stream is dead. :L

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on what I have read JD spoke with the scouts and other baseball people and their feedback was that he still has it. If you watch Fielder, he may be big, but that swing is quick. So there was homework put in on this. Plus they had put in a lot of homework on him 2 years ago when they were interested in him as a FA. I like the diligence of our FO.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would these writers quit talking about how the jet stream is going to help fielder? The jet stream is dead. :L

The more you watch MLB Tonight and ESPN the more you realize how little they really know about the Rangers.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's still a hitters park and the ball jumps out of the park more nights than not

I just pulled up MLB Park factors for HRs and Arlington ranked 19th for HRs in 2013. This based on home vs away stats. Honestly never heard of it before now, but that's what is states.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree but it honestly seemed the jet streamed applied to our opponents more than it did for us this past season.

Status
Not open for further replies.