• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't going to sign Cano, not gonna happen, nor should it. I think we go hard after McCann, and if we don't get him, we sign another stick in the OF

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the off season to hurry up and more big things to happen..I wanna rosterbate....The last few years have being me serious blue baseballs.

Never heard that word before.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels says that finding another bat at another position is still very much "a part of the plan" even after tonight's blockbuster. Texas showed tonight that they're willing to shake things up in order to improve and it would be a surprise if this were the last significant move that they make this winter. - From MLB Trade Rumors

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't going to sign Cano, not gonna happen, nor should it. I think we go hard after McCann, and if we don't get him, we sign another stick in the OF

I would love to have McCann and that takes care of our C/1B/DH with Fielder also included. But leaves us very little flexibility in the OF. I know we have Rios, Martin, Gentry and Beltre. But I would like to see another power bat out there like Cruz or someone with multiple tools like Choo and use Martin/Gentry in combination.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think its a strong possibility. I realize there's alot of money involved in the process - but I think Davis wants to put on a good front for the fans. Make them see that everything is going to be JUST FINE without Nolan. IMO.

Honestly, and I know it would bust budgets with all the $$$$$$$ involved....but I wouldnt be surprised if Cano was signed and then they ship Profar (and others) off to Tampa for Price.

And in a year or so - 5 players would command a little over $100 million of the budget. (Price, Fielder, Cano, Beltre & Elvis). (not including Darvish later on down the road).

Should that happen? Not in my opinion (top heavy)... but wouldnt be surprised if it does.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to have McCann and that takes care of our C/1B/DH with Fielder also included. But leaves us very little flexibility in the OF. I know we have Rios, Martin, Gentry and Beltre. But I would like to see another power bat out there like Cruz or someone with multiple tools like Choo and use Martin/Gentry in combination.

I dont want the "platoon" of Martin/Gentry anymore. I'd rather have Beltre & Gentry platoon.
With those 4 (Martin, Gentry, Beltre & Rios) you're looking at one of the quickest (and best defensive) outfields in all of baseball.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just to add fuel to my *note* above...

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want the "platoon" of Martin/Gentry anymore. I'd rather have Beltre & Gentry platoon.
With those 4 (Martin, Gentry, Beltre & Rios) you're looking at one of the quickest (and best defensive) outfields in all of baseball.

Sorry but Choo can play the OF just fine. I want another bat out there. Not saying your idea is bad but want a guy who can drive in some runs.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe any rumors that involve Profar or Andrus, talk to me prospect gurus, it's my understanding we don't have anyone ready to play 2nd, right?

Now, it's already occurred to me, that Andrus may be traded in a couple years, but no way right now
Am I correct?
Thoughts?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone keeps saying we are only paying 4 million extra per year for Fielder, yet I'm reading over and over how smart Detroit was to get rid of Fielder's contract.
I'm a little confused. It can't be both ways

Kinsler's contract was front loaded, so they win there.

Help please, how much are we paying Fielder with the 30 mill thrown in....the press is making me nervous

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit fans are also making me nervous, while you see a lot of Ranger fans saying how much they will miss Kinsler, but agree with the trade. I haven't seen any upset Detroit fans saying they will miss Fielder

I acknowledge that may mean absolutely nothing, but looking at several comment boards...well, you get the point

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit fans are also making me nervous, while you see a lot of Ranger fans saying how much they will miss Kinsler, but agree with the trade. I haven't seen any upset Detroit fans saying they will miss Fielder

I acknowledge that may mean absolutely nothing, but looking at several comment boards...well, you get the point

My guess is that .159 average during the playoffs is still fresh in everyone's mind.

For me, I like this trade and see the value for both teams.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that .159 average during the playoffs is still fresh in everyone's mind.

For me, I like this trade and see the value for both teams.

I know, I read the no RBI's in three playoff seasons, which is pretty bad.
On the other hand, just get us there, that's more important

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They still butt hurt about his lack of production in the alcs. They think they're happy to be rid of him, but now they get to watch Cabrera set the single season intentional walk record so they can set up the double play with vmart.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone keeps saying we are only paying 4 million extra per year for Fielder, yet I'm reading over and over how smart Detroit was to get rid of Fielder's contract.
I'm a little confused. It can't be both ways

Kinsler's contract was front loaded, so they win there.

Help please, how much are we paying Fielder with the 30 mill thrown in....the press is making me nervous

4 million extra/yr for the 4 years Kinsler would have still been under contract (with the 30 mill applied). Then 3 extra years @ 24 mill per.

Status
Not open for further replies.