• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're very ignorant when it comes to the rangers.

It's a bit mind boggling. Top 4 or 5 media market, been a good or great team the last 6 years, 3 million fans the past couple seasons, have lots of money, have great players and yet we're kind of an afterthought. That's fine with me but it is odd.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's business. Sometimes it's tough. I will miss him, but jd had a job and that was to improve the team. He did that with this trade.

Exactly. It's about self interest on both sides and I totally understand he wasn't feeling the future given he was the guy that probably had to move positions if he wanted to accomodate JD's wishes. In the end we're all humans and we need to do what is best for ourselves first. And it's not like Kinsler is a hag yet...he's still valuable and it showed with this trade.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're very ignorant when it comes to the rangers.
Just this morning MLB was talking about the possibility of Profar not being able to play 2ndb. I don't think JD trades away a player like Kinsler if that were true. Crazy!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just pulled up MLB Park factors for HRs and Arlington ranked 19th for HRs in 2013. This based on home vs away stats. Honestly never heard of it before now, but that's what is states.
Interesting Don. Would never of occurred to me. 19TH? Wow.:noidea:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It's about self interest on both sides and I totally understand he wasn't feeling the future given he was the guy that probably had to move positions if he wanted to accomodate JD's wishes. In the end we're all humans and we need to do what is best for ourselves first. And it's not like Kinsler is a hag yet...he's still valuable and it showed with this trade.

I said earlier I believe this trade will benefit both players. Sometimes a change of scenery is just what the doctor ordered. And like you said, it's not like Kins is a hag now, and Fielder had 106 RBI last year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just this morning MLB was talking about the possibility of Profar not being able to play 2ndb. I don't think JD trades away a player like Kinsler if that were true. Crazy!

I can't imagine an athlete as gifted as Profar not being able to make this move, and make it rather easily actually.

Ya know, the original plan for him this winter was to get a bunch of ABs and play exclusively at SS. Wonder if this is now under review.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 million extra/yr for the 4 years Kinsler would have still been under contract (with the 30 mill applied). Then 3 extra years @ 24 mill per.

So essentially, we're picking up the last 3/75 mill plus 16 mill

So, under a 100 mill...and ideally we some elite hitting 3-
4 years (hopefully longer, but I won't count on that)

Okay, sounds good. They did get some salary relief...and I don't think this was an overpay. I'm only anxious because I didn't see a big salary coming with a Kinsler trade, and a little worried about the ability to spend on others.

I want a Angiogram done on those Coronaries. Be thorough JD
:D

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to MLB radio a short time ago - apparently the Cards and Angels are discussing a trade involving David Freese. Wouldn't that be something? Give me a reason to hate the Angels even more than I do now!!

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, what if Andrus moves to 2nd and Profar stays at short?? Has that ever been discussed?? ...not that I'm even recommending this idea....

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So essentially, we're picking up the last 3/75 mill plus 16 mill

So, under a 100 mill...and ideally we some elite hitting 3-
4 years (hopefully longer, but I won't count on that)

Okay, sounds good. They did get some salary relief...and I don't think this was an overpay. I'm only anxious because I didn't see a big salary coming with a Kinsler trade, and a little worried about the ability to spend on others.

I want a Angiogram done on those Coronaries. Be thorough JD
:D

I don't think this is the last of the big moves this winter.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what if Andrus moves to 2nd and Profar stays at short?? Has that ever been discussed?? ...not that I'm even recommending this idea....

These people are idiots. How could anyone think a prospect with elite rated defense at short stop couldn't be an outstanding second baseman?:L

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are exceptional players and can adapt to either. Probably has not been discussed but what a problem to have.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is the last of the big moves this winter.

I read on ESPN this morning they think we might really make a run at Cano, then play Profar at short, plus move EA for a OF bat.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is kicking in $30 million, but not till 2016. That makes for an annual average of 19.7 million.

aye, well.... okay. I'm confident he'll hit, hopefully we get 3-4 of elite hitting, and then some above average hitting, all good. I think, lol...
Just wasn't expecting this kind of contract with a trade.

JD really stunned everyone with this, he's already taking some heat from writers that think the Tigers won in this trade.
I disagree, but we do need other pieces to fall into place.

I'm going with he still goes pretty hard for McMann, don't know what to think about other possibilities. What trade pieces do we have?
I'm not real hot on trading any pitching. Meh, that's why I'm not a GM
Absolute rubbish that Andrus and Profar are still on the block, not buying that JD...I think he's just messing with the Cards, who were the losers in this....they'll have to spend on Tulo, or stay on the never-ending merry go round of SS

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't land McCann, what do you guys think of Navarro? If he could fit, more money to land Choo or Cruz. Either of these two will fill in nicely. Choo would be a great lead off man.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read on ESPN this morning they think we might really make a run at Cano, then play Profar at short, plus move EA for a OF bat.

That's insane! Cano will get 200 mill, imo

Profar and Andrus aren't going anywhere, not yet

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's in the article I posted a few minutes ago.

And you may be right. But 48 hours ago I would have never of dreamed we'd have Prince Fielder either. So, we'll see what Mr JD has up his sleeve next.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree on Profar and Elvis. Yankees need Cano and that is where he will stay IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.