• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB talking heads are stupid. If Harry Potter can play 2b ... Profar can play 2b.

One day I will do the analysis to see how many 2d basemen on all ML rosters are natural 2d basemen.

Back when TEX had MY at 3d, Andrus at SS and Kinsler at 2d ... all three were primarily SS coming up. If a player can play SS at the ML-level ... you can play anywhere on the field. ML talking head is stupid to think Profar couldn't play 2d. Stupid.

Their point is pointless. And you're 100% correct on playing SS should immediately tell anyone this guy can play 2nd or 3rd with ease. What an absurd stance for them to take.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It used to be a trucking service, and Ray Green (son of Hubert) starting cooking ribs out back on Friday's back in the early 80's. It was white bread, ribs, Kraft BBQ sauce and you drank whatever you brought. Slowly it turned into a full time gig; if you can call 3 1/2 days a week a full time gig. They sold the trucking company and the rest is history.

I did not know that. Damn that sounds good for dinner. The best BBQ places are almost always the family owned hole-in-the wall.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought up Cano before it seemed like this much of a possibility, but now I find myself just thinking about what the moment would feel like. I'm referring to the moment where EA gets traded to the Cards and Cano, Miller, and Tavares are the newest Rangers. That would be a crazy transformation and I don't think there's any doubt we would be WS favorites.

Getting taveras is a pipe dream

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It used to be a trucking service, and Ray Green (son of Hubert) starting cooking ribs out back on Friday's back in the early 80's. It was white bread, ribs, Kraft BBQ sauce and you drank whatever you brought. Slowly it turned into a full time gig; if you can call 3 1/2 days a week a full time gig. They sold the trucking company and the rest is history.

Couldn't agree more. Been eating Green's ribs since 85. They don't even open on Thursday now. 2 1/2 days....$12 tax title and license
no better chop beef anywhere

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't usually think much of EG's thinking/writing but better here than most he writes during the season.

EG is a lot better than I've given him credit for the last couple of years. He does tend to get a little silly with the MY love that he had, but he's not as bad as Gerry Fraley, Chuck Cooperstein (who has no business talking baseball), Ben Rogers, Jim Reeves, JJT, or Granpa Urine.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh... maryland lost two more players in their secondary for saturday...

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not know that. Damn that sounds good for dinner. The best BBQ places are almost always the family owned hole-in-the wall.

Friday's at lunch, Ray still cooks out back. He calls it, "the Captains Table." haha Anyway, if you go over there and see Ray, tell him "Shorty" sends his best. He gave me that name and I hate it. But he'll treat ya like family if you use it to introduce yourself, I promise.

Oh, and out back, the meat is better and it's free!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano would be the part that holds us back, not Tavares. They would trade Tavares + in a heartbeat if we dangled EA.

I respectfully disagree. The Cards flatly said they wouldn't trade Travares for Profar straight up. I know you're talking EA here, but the jump from Jurk to EA is not a quantum leap. They value this kid a lot.

And not you, but there's this overvaluing our players with some guys here to the extent of silliness. Miller + Travares for EA kind of talk. Listen, I love EA and hope he retires a Ranger. But that equation has no merit IMO.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree. The Cards flatly said they wouldn't trade Travares for Profar straight up. I know you're talking EA here, but the jump from Jurk to EA is not a quantum leap. They value this kid a lot.

And not you, but there's this overvaluing our players with some guys here to the extent of silliness. Miller + Travares for EA kind of talk. Listen, I love EA and hope he retires a Ranger. But that equation has no merit IMO.
None.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EA> Profar in terms of the value you can get back. He's a proven commodity. You don't trade prospects for prospects. I mean it might happen, but that's not very wise.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You misunderstand why they said that. It wasn't because they vastly value him more than Profar. It's because a one for one trade of two unproven top tier prospects is dangerous. If one sinks and one swims it can end a gms career.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You misunderstand why they said that. It wasn't because they vastly value him more than Profar. It's because a one for one trade of two unproven top tier prospects is dangerous. If one sinks and one swims it can end a gms career.

:10:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the one that proposed EA for Miller and Tavares earlier. I don't think it's crazy at all. They need a SS, and they have OFers and pitchers. Tavares is an unproven prospect, while we would be trading one of the best def SS in the game.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I, at least, semi got that.

It's a ball buster for a GM to be on the wrong end of the deal. But I still think they think this kid is special about as much as we think Jurk is.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the one that proposed EA for Miller and Tavares earlier. I don't think it's crazy at all. They need a SS, and they have OFers and pitchers. Tavares is an unproven prospect, while we would be trading one of the best def SS in the game.

Scale of 1-100 in absurdity, it rates as a solid 75 absurd

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB talking heads are stupid. If Harry Potter can play 2b ... Profar can play 2b.

One day I will do the analysis to see how many 2d basemen on all ML rosters are natural 2d basemen.

Back when TEX had MY at 3d, Andrus at SS and Kinsler at 2d ... all three were primarily SS coming up. If a player can play SS at the ML-level ... you can play anywhere on the field. ML talking head is stupid to think Profar couldn't play 2d. Stupid.

Only negative might be a slight learning curve due to a subtle differences between SS & 2B, but guy should be a plus glove at 2B right off the bat and get progressively better with time

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. Been eating Green's ribs since 85. They don't even open on Thursday now. 2 1/2 days....$12 tax title and license
no better chop beef anywhere

OK Big Doggg.....go out back on Friday at lunch, and tell Ray "Shorty" sent ya and you're in.

He's a bizarre, incredibly intelligent, opinionated SOB, but I love him. His health is not so good now, so it depends on how he's feeling as to his "entertainment value."

And damn, I've met you if you've been going out there since 85. No way around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.