• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the idea of spending that kind of money on Choo or Nellie. Just because we have the money doesn't mean we have to use it now. Go in with Choice, Martin, and Rios in the OF, and save that money till the trade deadline. A Cargo or Braun or even Stanton might be had then, if that's even what we need. Martin and Choice might be looking real good by then. We will be in position to buy whatever we might need by waiting

If he get 5 good and productive years out of Choo then the contract will be worth it IMO.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably need to get out of the gate running. This looks to be a 4 team race for the division title with only the Astros last for most of the season. Need all our horses now.

exactly with Oakland, the Angels and now Seattle if the Rangers don't come out of the gate winning we could find ourselves in a hole that we can't climb out of

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly with Oakland, the Angels and now Seattle if the Rangers don't come out of the gate winning we could find ourselves in a hole that we can't climb out of

Eh. Seattle isn't ready to compete for the division yet. They spent all of their money on Cano, and are reportedly not going to spend anymore. Of course that could be BS, but I think it's a 3 teams race.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every thing at this point is up to JD and how much he wants to spend. It's out there to be had but the cost may not be worth it in his opinion. If that is the case, then we probably will not be in the race. It is hard to believe he will go with what we have b/c he wants to win as bad as we do. I do think we will get at least Cruz if not Choo. With out one or the other we won't win the division.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every thing at this point is up to JD and how much he wants to spend. It's out there to be had but the cost may not be worth it in his opinion. If that is the case, then we probably will not be in the race. It is hard to believe he will go with what we have b/c he wants to win as bad as we do. I do think we will get at least Cruz if not Choo. With out one or the other we won't win the division.

i really wonder even with one of them if we'll still be in the Race come September

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really wonder even with one of them if we'll still be in the Race come September
No one knows for sure but I do know our chances are good with both. Strictly up to JD if both guys will be available if and when he pulls the trigger.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one knows for sure but I do know our chances are good with both. Strictly up to JD if both guys will be available if and when he pulls the trigger.

that's my feeling too. it will take both to get us into the playoffs

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's my feeling too. it will take both to get us into the playoffs
If this happens then I turn attention to pitching. If Harry returns to form things will really be looking up but #5 still needed. BP is fine.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this happens then I turn attention to pitching. If Harry returns to form things will really be looking up but #5 still needed. BP is fine.

would have liked to have seen them get Tanaka