• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santa it's really you
Yes, it's me. I got the first three items on your list. That board action is kinda tough. Give me some time on that.

Sorry, Santa goofed on the wrong post.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's me. I got the first three items on your list. That board action is kinda tough. Give me some time on that.

Sorry, Santa goofed on the wrong post.
Santa will goof every now and then. That's why the return line at Wally World is so long

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm as far away from being a fan of this guy, but still, the O's seem to have played some odd game here.

Rosenthal: O's nullification of Balfour deal surprises physicians - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

And to me, the Choo signing is very close to a "must have" as we've needed in awhile.
That is a huge decision for JD. I'm glad he has to make the decision and after he spends that much there's Cruz licking his chops. Whoa! But no doubt as a player Choo is one piece we really need.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a huge decision for JD. I'm glad he has to make the decision and after he spends that much there's Cruz licking his chops. Whoa! But no doubt as a player Choo is one piece we really need.

JD wants Choo. But I would bet the farm he will never give him 7 years. If Choo wants to take 5(unlikely, if it's true the Yankees offered 7/$140), great, but no way he goes 7. He's seen the Angels belly flop from the top of space mountain with long term deals to 30+ year olds

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD wants Choo. But I would bet the farm he will never give him 7 years. If Choo wants to take 5(unlikely, if it's true the Yankees offered 7/$140), great, but no way he goes 7. He's seen the Angels belly flop from the top of space mountain with long term deals to 30+ year olds
UK, that's what I meant when I said I would hate to be JD. There is nothing that JD doesn't know including the stuff we put out and dealing with it must give him headaches and nightmares. There can be so many variables to consider. If our rotation stays healthy and has a great year, Choo will be a great deal. If we suffer injuries like last year, maybe the deal won't have much impact. These are just things we don't know so lets take the high road and be positive that all works out for the good.:hope:

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everyone. Choo is as "must have" of a hitter that there has been for a couple of years. I think he understands this. The waiting game is brutal and it tests our patience, but at the end of the day if we get choo thats what matters. Maybe we save a year or a couple of million while we're at it

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK, that's what I meant when I said I would hate to be JD. There is nothing that JD doesn't know including the stuff we put out and dealing with it must give him headaches and nightmares. There can be so many variables to consider. If our rotation stays healthy and has a great year, Choo will be a great deal. If we suffer injuries like last year, maybe the deal won't have much impact. These are just things we don't know so lets take the high road and be positive that all works out for the good.:hope:

This could be one of those chicken & egg scenarios.

Getting Fielder was a terrific move in IMO. But if we don't improve our ability to get on base ahead of him this will indeed impact him - as well as Beltre, etc - negatively. Without having base runners, then the question becomes, why'd we get Fielder then?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE GOT CHOO GUYS. 7 YEAR DEAL. MY WORK HERE IS DONE

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got the text that said "word is Choo called and agreed to it this morning. He's flying to Arlington later today for a physical. I'll call in a few."

So he'll tell me the details when he calls me.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Dierkes@mlbtrrangers [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]414445314934722561[/MEDIA]"]3m[/ame] Shin-Soo Choo Reaches Seven-Year Deal With Rangers http://SportsHoopla.com/1ktoJah #rangers

Halleluah. Atta boy Terps!

Last edited by a moderator:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media outlets are confirming it. Choo is ours.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be one of those chicken & egg scenarios.

Getting Fielder was a terrific move in IMO
. But if we don't improve our ability to get on base ahead of him this will indeed impact him - as well as Beltre, etc - negatively. Without having base runners, then the question becomes, why'd we get Fielder then?

For the short term, maybe. For the longer term, guys like Prince (big body type sluggers) tend not to age well in their 30s.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome! Choo, Rios, and Martin in the OF?