• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

jamesx122

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Baltimore trades us Markakis for Soria + prospect(s)?

By the rules of any chance sure, but I wouldn't want to give up anybody of worth for Markakis. He had a negative WAR last year and the last time he was an above average player was in 2008 he ain't worth the 15 million dollar contract he has now.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the rules of any chance sure, but I wouldn't want to give up anybody of worth for Markakis. He had a negative WAR last year and the last time he was an above average player was in 2008 he ain't worth the 15 million dollar contract he has now.

I was spitballing.

jamesx122

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was spitballing.

Nothing wrong with that, I was just offering my opinion on the deal. The Orioles are desperate for a closer since all of their relievers have massive platoon splits, a deal could be worked with them though they seem to have set their sights on Rodney now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with that, I was just offering my opinion on the deal. The Orioles are desperate for a closer since all of their relievers have massive platoon splits, a deal could be worked with them though they seem to have set their sights on Rodney now.

Seems like between the fact that we have an abundance of late innings relievers and Baltimore's love of former Rangers, a deal could be had.

I don't bother to keep up with metrics, so I defer to others on that front.

jamesx122

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like between the fact that we have an abundance of late innings relievers and Baltimore's love of former Rangers, a deal could be had.

They might be interested in Soria since they don't seem to intent on spending lots of money on free agents and he is fairly cheap, although I think the Rangers would have to be blown away to make a deal. We only owe him 12 million over 2 years so if he becomes the dominant reliever he used to be then he's very valuable.

Also having him gives us some flexibility when it comes to deciding what to do with Ogando and Feliz.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might be interested in Soria since they don't seem to intent on spending lots of money on free agents and he is fairly cheap, although I think the Rangers would have to be blown away to make a deal. We only owe him 12 million over 2 years so if he becomes the dominant reliever he used to be then he's very valuable.

Also having him gives us some flexibility when it comes to deciding what to do with Ogando and Feliz.

I didn't realize there was a team option for 2015...thought this was last year for Soria.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Better make sure we get the better end of whatever deal we do. They've been kicking ass with our cast offs.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore makes me think of The Wire...baltimorgue, murdaland style

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want for Christmas is a lead off hitter, a power bat and a #5 pitcher and some board action. Now is that asking too much?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Baltimore trades us Markakis for Soria + prospect(s)?

The one time I sat in the all you can eat seats there was some drunk guy on the lower level screaming at Nick the whole game. Mar kaaaaa kis you suck. Get off your knees you're blowing the game. It was hilarious. It was much funnier in person.

He's a good ballplayer. I'm looking for more of an upgrade though.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want for Christmas is a lead off hitter, a power bat and a #5 pitcher and some board action. Now is that asking too much?
I'll see what I can do. Ho! Ho! Ho!

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may appear we have an abundance of relievers but if there's one thing positive Jon Hart ingrained in my head and a lot of fans here during his time was that the bullpen is typically a year to year proposition. I wouldn't want to trade our bullpen guys unless it was an amazing deal.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may appear we have an abundance of relievers but if there's one thing positive Jon Hart ingrained in my head and a lot of fans here during his time was that the bullpen is typically a year to year proposition. I wouldn't want to trade our bullpen guys unless it was an amazing deal.
very lucky to have the group we have. Would really hate to lose any of them

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll see what I can do. Ho! Ho! Ho!
Yes, it's me. I got the first three items on your list. That board action is kinda tough. Give me some time on that.