• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Off-Season Rumor

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Apparently the Sharks couldn't bring Link Gaetz out of retirement so they just signed the next best thing in John Scott. The Sharks now have the two worst forwards in the NHL under contract in Scott and Brown.

Isnt Scott the former ass bag Sabers enforcer?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Apparently the Sharks couldn't bring Link Gaetz out of retirement so they just signed the next best thing in John Scott. The Sharks now have the two worst forwards in the NHL under contract in Scott and Brown.

Turns out every one thinks this signing is a joke and i mean everyone lol

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Best reaction to that signing came from @suicidepass: “if there’s one thing that’s been holding back the Sharks in the high-octane, run-and-gun Western Conference, it’s a lack of fistpower.” Second best, from “Puck Daddy” Greg Wyshynski: ” John Scott signs with the San Jose Sharks, presumably to punch the other 17 skaters in the face if they blow another 3-0 lead.”

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the goal is to collect a bunch of 4th line players, we're doing a great job!!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the goal is to collect a bunch of 4th line players, we're doing a great job!!

In Wilson's defense neither Brown or Scott should count as 4th liners since they don't belong in the NHL...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Come on Sakic, wtf is wrong with you? No mention of the John Scott signing? Yeaaaa all you western boys are shittin your pants and dont even wanna talk doubt it cause you know we are cup bound:

Per sakic:
Aside from Stastny, the Blues signed 2008 draft pick center Jori Lehtera; the Wild signed wing Thomas Vanek; the Chicago Blackhawks added center Brad Richards; the Dallas Stars brought in forwards Jason Spezza and Ales Hemsky; the Nashville Predators traded for wing James Neal; the Anaheim Ducks acquired center Ryan Kesler; and the Vancouver Canucks signed goalie Ryan Miller.

"Everybody, especially in our division, wants to improve," Sakic said. "We've got a tough division, and obviously it's a tough Western Conference, and our division just got even stronger. But that's a good thing. When you're playing in a division like this, it's exciting. It's exciting for the team, it's exciting for the fans to be in a division where it's so tight. Everybody's trying to get better."

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wonder where Seto ends up, it was rumored Dwill was trying to reacquire him, id imagine he could be had cheaply

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
contractual obligations??? whats thatmean?

It means that while I'm under contract one of the many things my employer prohibits me from doing is posting on public forums.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wonder where Seto ends up, it was rumored Dwill was trying to reacquire him, id imagine he could be had cheaply

I don't think that Wilson tried to re-aquire him. Seto wanted to come back at the deadline but Wilson decided against it. Pollok had a quote from DW that went something to the effect of having a chance to re-aquire a player they traded away but decided it wasn't in the best interest of the team. Speculation was he was talking about Seto.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think that Wilson tried to re-aquire him. Seto wanted to come back at the deadline but Wilson decided against it. Pollok had a quote from DW that went something to the effect of having a chance to re-aquire a player they traded away but decided it wasn't in the best interest of the team. Speculation was he was talking about Seto.

John scott over seto definately makes sence. Same with brown or burish over him... 99% of the gms in the league would want those 3 over seto... shit throw tie my gin in there 2 lol..... seriously tho why do we have the dumbest gm & coach still employeed with this team?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Breaking News*

Couture & Pavelski demand a trade

Vlasic decides to retire

Burns decides to join the military

Torres, says fuck this im out homes!

Marleau and Thornton get traded and all we get is draft picks for 2016

*oh yeah Vrbata signed with the Nucks! :burt:

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Add in Adam Rubbish and that makes 3 of the worst forwards.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Add in Adam Rubbish and that makes 3 of the worst forwards.

The Sharks currently have 13 forwards under contract with Shep and Wingels still to sign. Just to get one young forward in the line up would mean moving out at least two, possibly three, current players to have a roster spot for them. Burrish and Kennedy are likely choices to be moved IMO.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I think Doug Wilson SUCKS!!!

He doesn't understand team chemistry/needs

He's too soft

As a GM, He's boring as FUCK!

EVERY TEAM IN THE WEST JUST GOT BETTER EXCEPT OUR TEAM!!!!

If I could take a guess of why he decided to take the team into rebuilding mode is to save his job... Because one more playoff disappointment would more than likely be the end of him.

This team doesn't even need to be in rebuild mode, they are one or two players away from contending... I blame this shit on Dwil, can't wait till he's gone!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out @Eklund's Tweet:
Total BULLSHIT!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited by a moderator: