• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Off-Season Rumor

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inginla to the AV's way to go dougie

Said he was going young. If he hadn't already stated that, I would question the lack of effort on this guy. So, are we really sticking with Joe, Patty & Nemo? :noidea:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no mention of the Stuie trade on any rumor sites or tsn

Nevermind just saw it at SjSharks.com lol

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Said he was going young. If he hadn't already stated that, I would question the lack of effort on this guy. So, are we really sticking with Joe, Patty & Nemo? :noidea:

Still needs a power forward, hopefully he is getting the Otter

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to say, but the Sharks got worse before the season even started

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. Without Havnot, addition by subtraction. :clap:

Still, this better not be the roster on Opening Day. :gaah:

:doh: I have no faith in Doug Wilson now, all he can do now is fuck up this team, :burt:

:burt: such a complete let down

Same shitty ass defense and slightly average goaltending, and no #1 RW

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to go down to LA for a funeral, which was bad enough.. of course all my friends down their are Kings fans - so I had to hear all about it. Even they are mystified at what the fuck we are doing. Every interview I hear Doug in he is full of piss and vinegar about how we are going to straighten this shit out - and then the moves makes me think he never even watches the fucking games.

Sharks are on the backside of the peak AFAIAC and I just don't see us any more competitive against the Kings, Ducks, and Blackhawks. If anything, Dallas and St.Louis just got better and the list of teams who will kick our ass out of the playoffs grew.

Not particularly thrilled with what I am seeing so far.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just reading the merky news article on the stuie trade, Dwill doesn't have a very good plan, he is going with a youth movement with maybe 2 true blue chip prospects in Hertl and Neito. It's going to be a brutal season, with a probable missing out of the playoffs

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Fire Wilson FIRE WILSON
:lm::lm::lm::lm:

I bet these Kids that Doug thinks so highly about will end up becoming a bust.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
as of now dougie has done nothing wrong, so why the pitchforks?

Right now, boyle, stuart, and havlat are out. BFD. Boyle was absolutely done by the end of last year in SJ and was a net negative in my opinion. Havlat was useless. Stuart was a depth defenseman, but not a game changer. He was OK, but for 3.5M hardly a great deal and losing him barely hurts.

I think Nieto threw dougie for a loop. He was not supposed to get a chance but for injuries, and now were talking a likely 20 goal scorer. Hertl should be awesome too. Shep could play a bigger role. hopefully TK also come back to form.

Aside from the obvious elephant trade of jumbo/patty, the key is what kind of farm boys can come up. How good is mueller? or Doherty? How good is tierney?

Dougie has a ton of cap space so he has flexibility. Personally Id like Ott and Downie at under 2M per and that would give them downie, ott, torres, and desi. That's scary to play against and I think that would give them the heart and toughness they need. So far, Dougie has done as expected. Patience is key this summer...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just read the merc article too. No UFA plans... oh well, nevermind on signing downie or anyone.

So, either they are going to keep the big two and be a bit thinner up front and roll the dice on D or they are gunna trade one of the big two (or both) and fill holes that way.

The big question is whether dougie is gunna keep 8M+ in cap space. He could find a deal off the trash heap too depending on what he does with the big two.

Do the sharks really have any legit prospects? Is mueller really ready? Is tierney? I dont see the sharks as flush with farm, so I dont know what gunna happen there. Are they really sure burns can play 22+ mins/gm on D as would be needed?

Lots of questions. That said, they might not suck if these young guys step up. Who knows, they might and young guys will compete really hard so we might find a diamond on an EL salary.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just read the merc article too. No UFA plans... oh well, nevermind on signing downie or anyone.

So, either they are going to keep the big two and be a bit thinner up front and roll the dice on D or they are gunna trade one of the big two (or both) and fill holes that way.

The big question is whether dougie is gunna keep 8M+ in cap space. He could find a deal off the trash heap too depending on what he does with the big two.

Do the sharks really have any legit prospects? Is mueller really ready? Is tierney? I dont see the sharks as flush with farm, so I dont know what gunna happen there. Are they really sure burns can play 22+ mins/gm on D as would be needed?

Lots of questions. That said, they might not suck if these young guys step up. Who knows, they might and young guys will compete really hard so we might find a diamond on an EL salary.

The only one of those young guys who might remotely have a chance of making an impact is Mueller, the majority of NHL teams have him pegged as a sure fire NHLer, probably a #2 though not a game breaker like a Yandle or Weber.

Tennyson no way but with the trading of Stuie and letting Boyler go, its all but a done deal he will be in the line up, the guy might pan out and be another Tom Preissing, but like i stated earlier sharks dont need more good skating D who are weak on the boards and in front of their own net, thats all Tennyson is.

Doherty doesnt look like he will pan out either, unless he makes huge strides in improving his skating, probably be another Petrecki.

Abeltshauser from what i saw in a couple of preseason games looks like he is almost ready to play in the NHL, he has decent potential to be a very good defenseman, im not sure what his ceiling will be though as 2 games arent enough to really say. He could be one of those gem of a find in the late rounds, great size and can skate.

Tierny looks like a career minor leaguer or a spot 4th liner at best.

I think Tasarov is the best NHL prospect the have at forward in terms of offense, maybe hell get a shot

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i was underwhelmed by tennyson, so Im not excited at him in the lineup per se. That said, I would still love to see the other guys in action and if Mueller is another vlasic, then its a great pick and I'd be just fine with that. Burns on D may provide some of what you were talkin about in terms of size and toughness on the blueline.

Personally, I thought with all the injuries, stuey looked slow and not great. I saw a lot of goals again with him on the ice where he would make a key mistake. I am more than happy to have him off.

I also look forward to giving a larger role to kennedy. I think he was stuck a bit low on the depth chart and in a contract year, I expect him to reinstate his solid 3rd line game. He has blazing speed, just needed to work on the defensive side and I expect he'll be back to better form.

Until the big two are dealt, all of this is unjudgable. If they are kept, then in essense the sharks are the same team as last year. If they are dealt, then its all in the return...

btw, is tierney really that low. He lit up the O last year, is that not gunna translate into the pros?

Also, if abeltshauser competes for an NHL spot, his size is sure attractive, so I'd love to watch him. I guess we'll see what we've got soon!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah i was underwhelmed by tennyson, so Im not excited at him in the lineup per se. That said, I would still love to see the other guys in action and if Mueller is another vlasic, then its a great pick and I'd be just fine with that. Burns on D may provide some of what you were talkin about in terms of size and toughness on the blueline.

Personally, I thought with all the injuries, stuey looked slow and not great. I saw a lot of goals again with him on the ice where he would make a key mistake. I am more than happy to have him off.

I also look forward to giving a larger role to kennedy. I think he was stuck a bit low on the depth chart and in a contract year, I expect him to reinstate his solid 3rd line game. He has blazing speed, just needed to work on the defensive side and I expect he'll be back to better form.

Until the big two are dealt, all of this is unjudgable. If they are kept, then in essense the sharks are the same team as last year. If they are dealt, then its all in the return...

btw, is tierney really that low. He lit up the O last year, is that not gunna translate into the pros?

Also, if abeltshauser competes for an NHL spot, his size is sure attractive, so I'd love to watch him. I guess we'll see what we've got soon!

I wouldn't say he lit it up in the OHL, it's a fairly offensive league and he was 5th on his team in scoring as a 19 year old in league primarily made up of 16-18 year olds. Also if he was that far along he wouldn't be returning to the OHL is an over aged 20 year old.

I'd like to see Kennedy return to form as well but he showed no signs of it the last 2 season so it doesn't look good.

Abelthauser could be a bigger Erhoff which I don't mind either, I'm going to Stockton to watch the split squad game hopefully he's there.

Muller is the real wildcard he could be this years Hertl or Jeff Jillison if wilson mishandles his development like jillison

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I doubt he spends any of the $$$. Didn;t raise ticket prices, so just shave $9M off your cap, there's your savings right there. No big surprise to me. I think they'll try to sign Vrbata, probably re-sign Hannan, may make a trade for a D-man, that will be about it.
All this hot air about changes....there won't be big changes unless Patty or Joe waive their NTC, which I doubt they do.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only one of those young guys who might remotely have a chance of making an impact is Mueller, the majority of NHL teams have him pegged as a sure fire NHLer, probably a #2 though not a game breaker like a Yandle or Weber.

Tennyson no way but with the trading of Stuie and letting Boyler go, its all but a done deal he will be in the line up, the guy might pan out and be another Tom Preissing, but like i stated earlier sharks dont need more good skating D who are weak on the boards and in front of their own net, thats all Tennyson is.

Doherty doesnt look like he will pan out either, unless he makes huge strides in improving his skating, probably be another Petrecki.

Abeltshauser from what i saw in a couple of preseason games looks like he is almost ready to play in the NHL, he has decent potential to be a very good defenseman, im not sure what his ceiling will be though as 2 games arent enough to really say. He could be one of those gem of a find in the late rounds, great size and can skate.

Tierny looks like a career minor leaguer or a spot 4th liner at best.

I think Tasarov is the best NHL prospect the have at forward in terms of offense, maybe hell get a shot

Tierny is an improved version of Pavelski that can actually skate. Only difference is Tierny is more of a play maker where as Pavelski is a goal scorer. Don't be surprised if he's the teams 3rd line center by the end of the year.