• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Off-Season Rumor

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tell thornton he can stay if he restructures his contract to 5mil a year

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just say no to Ott. We already have Burish and Torres and Kennedy. We don't need more dead weight on this team. Ott isn't needed, take that money and sign a quality second pairing left handed dman.

I can see dumpin kennedy on a team like the jets or the islanders, id take otter over him all day long

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I forgot you guys had Burrish still. He was a decent agitator in Dallas, I was expecting more of that when he made his way to CA but haven't seen that same drive (when he does play). Seems like he's injured all the time too. Definitely expendable.

I have a guy in one of my networking groups who sells health/nutrition supplements, and one of their endorsers is Burrish (company is Advocare). It's interesting because he says all the endorsers (Tom Brady is another one) are "non-cash paid", but that doesn't mean they aren't getting something else.

Gotta love marketing.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That blows. Trade him then. Id rather have the 7 mil

Those deals shouldn't have been given to them in the first place and if they were offended by not being extended until after the playoffs all they needed to be told was "look at your track record" and that them being here was not going to be a guarantee.

Both those guys love living in NoCal and the lifestyle, and they make an ungodly amount of money even considering how expensive it is to live up there. They seem to have taken everything they have for granted and just collect a check every year and motivation seems lacking. Maybe the reality of not being in NoCal would have woken them up.

Both are good players however, but now moving those contracts are going to be tough. They also need to go somewhere where they won't be the stars of the team and just upper end complementary players.

Easier said than done, I know. Sharks are in a tough spot.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out @KKurzCSN's Tweet:
Here we go :noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those deals shouldn't have been given to them in the first place and if they were offended by not being extended until after the playoffs all they needed to be told was "look at your track record" and that them being here was not going to be a guarantee.

Both those guys love living in NoCal and the lifestyle, and they make an ungodly amount of money even considering how expensive it is to live up there. They seem to have taken everything they have for granted and just collect a check every year and motivation seems lacking. Maybe the reality of not being in NoCal would have woken them up.

Both are good players however, but now moving those contracts are going to be tough. They also need to go somewhere where they won't be the stars of the team and just upper end complementary players.

Easier said than done, I know. Sharks are in a tough spot.

That is the benefit of playing in California, Anaheim and LA included. Fan apathy in general to underachievement. Can you imagine if Thornton and Marleau played in Philly or NY or Boston? Would have been run out long ago. Oh wait a minute....Thornton was run out of Boston long ago :L

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Error will sign with the Sharks again. Which is too bad because he could fill a need on the left side.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see TMAC said on ESPN there may be no captain next year. Geez we are really moving in the right direction here. Big changes like getting rid of Drew and having no captain...and signing Mike Brown...we are really on our way to catching the Kings and Ducks now :gaah:.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
O captain ... no captain in San Jose? - Cross Checks Blog - ESPN

Maybe he is trying to send a message to Thornton, not that it will have any effect.

Wrong message. If your giving the team to a new core, for a new direction, you give the C to someone to. Pavs, Vlasic, Burns, someone. Hes sending the message of because of joe n pattys fuckups, I dont trust any of you. At that point your creating a mutiny and making the team worse off then it was.

I think Doug just went full retard, you never go full retard

bloatedmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wrong message. If your giving the team to a new core, for a new direction, you give the C to someone to. Pavs, Vlasic, Burns, someone. Hes sending the message of because of joe n pattys fuckups, I dont trust any of you. At that point your creating a mutiny and making the team worse off then it was.

I think Doug just went full retard, you never go full retard

The NY Rangers, if I'm not mistaken, ended the season without having a captain either. Ideally you'd want one, but you want to give it to someone who actually deserves to wear it. The Sharks aren't a team dripping in actual passion and leadership. Saying here Burns/Pavs...you disappear for half the games but you get to wear the C.. is little different then giving it to Thornton. Let someone step up to become the leader before passing it on to just whomever.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havlat, buyout?

Anybody know ?

:noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb