• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Off-Season Rumor

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
dougie isnt moving pavs...

Jumbo on the other hand is definitely in play. Not much likelihood that hes gunna go to a team like FLA, first because he wont waive the NTC to go there, and second because they dont need a guy like him. Toronto makes much more sense as was rumored for several reasons:

1. its close to home for jumbo and he's likely waive the NTC for that.
2. They need to win... Now. They arent looking to rebuild and Jumbo gives instant credibility and likely PO spot. Not to mention that they have lots f good trade pieces including kadri, gardiner, franson and phaneuf among others.
3. they have the cap room to add.

I suppose a team like OTT, WSH or NJ might be biting, but TOR makes the most sense. I cant imagine weber for Jumbo being on he table and OTT really doesnt have a good offer to make as the sharks surely wont want spezza and there aint much left in terms of young talent there. WSH is interesting, but I dont see dougie trading much for green and carlson would be intriguing but unlikely. NJ also is pretty thin.

I dont know what PO teams would be knocking, but If the price is right, I could see dougie pulling the trigger.

A deal of Jumbo for Kazdri, Gardiner and a 1st would be interesting. It would be pretty risky for the leafs but missing the PO's is unacceptable there and in the short run, even that deal would increase their likelihood of making it. for the sharks, that would go a real long way to solidifying their top 9 forwards and top 4 D. Losing jumbo hurts alot but that return would be awesome. they would add in reimer for nemo if toronto wasnt biting originally. I dont see too many deals that make sense otherwise. Toronto is clearly the frontrunner.

Kadri is garbage i wouldnt take him on for nothing, Gardiner and Poohoof maybe.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: I just dont see Marleau or Thornton traded.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We keep Thornton & Marleau and we go for another ride to try and win a cup, but Thornton and Marleau are asked to take a different role and support not lead. :think:

:think: Just a thought......

Sign Ryan Callahan "rumors of Doug trying to get him at the deadline, so maybe he gets it done during the off season"

Sign Matt Moulson "seems like the player the Sharks need to go in the dirty areas and get ugly goals"

Sign Ryan Miller "Olympic/All Star performer looking for a new fresh start and could possibly be a mentor to Stalock."

Trade Niemi & Kennedy, for Ehroff "one of the few teams that dont have a true #1 goaltender but has a L Dman upgrade option"

Trade Havlat to Ottawa for draft pick "might bite"

Trade Burish to Florida for draft pick "salary cap"

Possible Line Up.

Hertl / Couture / Moulson
Nieto / Pavelski / Callahan
Marleau / Thornton / Torres
Desjardins / Sheppard / Wingles

Vlasic / Braun
Erhoff / Burns
Stuart / Demers

Miller
Stalock

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this is even possible but I really think think the Sharks need to get aggressive and go after Patrick Kane. He is that player they've needed most. He can carry a team on his back in the playoffs and I could never imagine him letting this team slack. He'd make everyone around him better and with Thornton hopefully going to Toronto, this team can finally perhaps learn a new identity.

Come on Kane is going nowhere.

Kadri is garbage i wouldnt take him on for nothing, Gardiner and Poohoof maybe.

I don't think Kadri is complete garbage, but he is soft and definitely not a main piece they should be looking for in a Thornton trade. Ideally a young center capable of taking over 3rd line duties and a offensive minded LD to pair with Braun should be the pieces DW looks for. Don't trade Thornton for the sake of trading him, you gotta get useful pieces for the future back and I'm not sure that is possible.

We keep Thornton & Marleau and we go for another ride to try and win a cup, but Thornton and Marleau are asked to take a different role and support not lead. :think:

Sign Ryan Callahan "rumors of Doug trying to get him at the deadline, so maybe he gets it done during the off season"

Sign Matt Moulson "seems like the player the Sharks need to go in the dirty areas and get ugly goals"

Sign Ryan Miller "Olympic/All Star performer looking for a new fresh start and could possibly be a mentor to Stalock."

Trade Niemi & Kennedy, for Ehroff "one of the few teams that dont have a true #1 goaltender but has a L Dman upgrade option"

Possible Line Up.

Vlasic / Braun
Erhoff / Burns
Stuart / Demers

Miller
Stalock

Want no part of Miller and the contract he will require. I think both Moulson and Callahan will get deals that exceed their worth. The sharks and DW have never been big FA players and I don't think that will change. Those contracts often come back to bite you and that is why the Sharks rarely need to make trades to get out of bad contracts.

Ideally a Thornton trade in my dreams would be somethings built around Stepan(24) and Hagelin(26). Would love Kreider, but don't see that happening.
Marleau/Couture/Nieto
Hertl/Pavs/Wingles
Hagelin/Stepan/Downie
Sheppard/Desjardins/Torres.

Like Downie's game, wouldn't break the bank and I think this still keeps the forward depth, though without Burns, the RW looks a bit weak. Still would need someone to pair with Braun.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Possible Line Up.

Vlasic / Braun
Erhoff / Burns
Stuart / Demers

Miller
Stalock

Matt Mouslon floats on the perimeter, if by dirty you mean the bottom half of the circles to the outside you would be correct

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Mouslon floats on the perimeter, if by dirty you mean the bottom half of the circles to the outside you would be correct

He scored goals down low when he played against the Sharks. But I guess if the one few guys I know that plays in the crease and score ugly goals is Wayne Simmons from Philly. "Now he would be perfect on this roster"

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RUMOR

Toronto Maple Leafs
Dion Phaneuf, Joffrey Lupul, James Reimer

San Jose Sharks
Antti Niemi, Tyler Kennedy, Marty Havlat, Matt Irwin

Not confirmed, but looks like it might happen as early as Friday 6/20

OntarioNews/NHL.rumors687.com

Is this real? I personally think its B.S! but a buddy just sent me this.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
RUMOR

Toronto Maple Leafs
Dion Phaneuf, Joffrey Lupul, James Reimer

San Jose Sharks
Antti Niemi, Tyler Kennedy, Marty Havlat, Matt Irwin

Not confirmed, but looks like it might happen as early as Friday 6/20

OntarioNews/NHL.rumors687.com

Is this real? I personally think its B.S! but a buddy just sent me this.

Id be thrilled with this deal but it doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

You know, I was reading the column on wilson and the "tomorrow team" idea. The more I read, the more I think dougie is gunna move BOTH patty and jumbo. He obviously talked already about passing the team to pavs and cooch and talked about wanting guys to play not live here and he also implied that it could be a lean year or two. I dont see how trading just Jumbo would lead the team to fall off that far. However, trading both jumbo and patty would.

I expect both will be moved. Jumbo to toronto makes the most sense.

However, where would patty go? I feel there are 20+ teams that would love to add patty given that he hasnt really lost a step and still has blazing speed. I feel like the return on him should be extremely substantial.

It will cause a serious fan revolution if they deal both, but I am all for it as long as the value coming back for each includes a sub 25 year old top 6 forward and/or sub 25 year old top 4 Dman and picks/prospects of quality.

Jumbo for gardner and kadri.
Patty to...
1. NJ for Larsson and Henrique
2. Boston for Reilly Smith and Torey Krug

If dougie pulled both of those, I feel they'd still be competitive for the far future, especially if could sign a UFA or two. If they take the saved space and sign stastny then..

Top 10 forwards would be stastny, pavelski, couture, henrique, kadri, hertl, wingels, nieto, Torres, and Sheppard.

Top 7 D would be Burns, Vlasic, Gardiner, Larsson, Braun, demers, irwin (trade stuey).

The team would be worse I would think, but a whole lot younger and better rounded especially on D. With one or two good guys up from the farm (mueller? tierney? etc...) , they could compete nicely for a loong time. That roster has nobody older than 30 except torres. They'd be incredibly young but still have nice leadership at every position. If they could add phaneuf in a deal with nemo, irwin, or something, then they would have a very nice D with phaneuf and burns running the PP and braun/vlasic as a the shut down pair.

I don't know what dougie is gunna pull off, but I personally think that both patty and jumbo may well be gone after reading between the lines on that merc interview.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Id be thrilled with this deal but it doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

You know, I was reading the column on wilson and the "tomorrow team" idea. The more I read, the more I think dougie is gunna move BOTH patty and jumbo. He obviously talked already about passing the team to pavs and cooch and talked about wanting guys to play not live here and he also implied that it could be a lean year or two. I dont see how trading just Jumbo would lead the team to fall off that far. However, trading both jumbo and patty would.

I expect both will be moved. Jumbo to toronto makes the most sense.

However, where would patty go? I feel there are 20+ teams that would love to add patty given that he hasnt really lost a step and still has blazing speed. I feel like the return on him should be extremely substantial.

It will cause a serious fan revolution if they deal both, but I am all for it as long as the value coming back for each includes a sub 25 year old top 6 forward and/or sub 25 year old top 4 Dman and picks/prospects of quality.

Jumbo for gardner and kadri.
Patty to...
1. NJ for Larsson and Henrique
2. Boston for Reilly Smith and Torey Krug

If dougie pulled both of those, I feel they'd still be competitive for the far future, especially if could sign a UFA or two. If they take the saved space and sign stastny then..

Top 10 forwards would be stastny, pavelski, couture, henrique, kadri, hertl, wingels, nieto, Torres, and Sheppard.

Top 7 D would be Burns, Vlasic, Gardiner, Larsson, Braun, demers, irwin (trade stuey).

The team would be worse I would think, but a whole lot younger and better rounded especially on D. With one or two good guys up from the farm (mueller? tierney? etc...) , they could compete nicely for a loong time. That roster has nobody older than 30 except torres. They'd be incredibly young but still have nice leadership at every position. If they could add phaneuf in a deal with nemo, irwin, or something, then they would have a very nice D with phaneuf and burns running the PP and braun/vlasic as a the shut down pair.

I don't know what dougie is gunna pull off, but I personally think that both patty and jumbo may well be gone after reading between the lines on that merc interview.

No way Jeresey gives up its future for anyone on the sharks except couture, thats horribly lopsided in the sharks favor and lou just isnt that stupid

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No way Jeresey gives up its future for anyone on the sharks except couture, thats horribly lopsided in the sharks favor and lou just isnt that stupid

right now, henrique is a possible 2nd line C, but arguably not a top 6 forward. He hasnt produced much the last couple years, and hes already 24, so hes not that young. Larsson was obviously a really high pick, but he hasnt really cracked the regular NHL lineup yet in 3 pro seasons. He's only 21, but he's not looking like the guaranteed top 4 Dman that he was when drafted. If the devils want to make a run, then patty or jumbo for those two guys is a clear upgrade for them now, and possibly a pure upgrade for the next three years. Larsson may fizzle into nothing (see hickey, 4th overall to LA). Henrique may max out at 20-25 goals, 50 pts a season, which makes his 4M per only at market value and not the kind of player to backstop your top 6 forwards.

To land an 80 point player, teams have to give up a nice package. NJ finished 27th in the league in scoring and missed the PO's. Lou could easily bite on this deal...

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From The Jim Thornton Camp:

Even as the speculation surrounding Joe Thornton‘s future with the San Jose Sharks rapidly mounts, the 34-year-old forward seems all-but cemented in his desire to stay where he is. That’s vital to keep in mind, given that he has a no-movement clause.

Thornton’s agent and brother, John Thornton, called the Sharks the only team on Joe’s list, per TVA Sports.

John Thornton reiterated though that his brother might change his mind if it got to the point where he felt like the Sharks’ fanbase no longer wanted him.

The fact that Thornton would be resistant to a trade isn’t surprising after he gave the Sharks a bit of a hometown discount when he signed a three-year, $20.25 million contract. Now it looks like the Sharks are interested in moving him before his new contract even starts.

“It wasn’t like we were waiting for free agency or waiting for more money,” John Thornton said when Joe signed that deal, per CBC. “Joe loves playing there. He could never really see himself going someplace else.”

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out @KKurzCSN's Tweet:
:think: Hmmmm.......

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just say no to Ott. We already have Burish and Torres and Kennedy. We don't need more dead weight on this team. Ott isn't needed, take that money and sign a quality second pairing left handed dman.