• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Off-Season Rumor

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out @KKurzCSN's Tweet:

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out @KKurzCSN's Tweet:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dont get stuie deal, the sharks blue line was already soft. Dealing a physical mobile dman is pretty stupid unless they are going after niskanen and the otter I won't be happy

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: what is Doug Wilson thinking? :noidea:

Starting to think he has no plan, and has no idea on what to do...... :doh:

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dont get stuie deal, the sharks blue line was already soft. Dealing a physical mobile dman is pretty stupid unless they are going after niskanen and the otter I won't be happy

Agree. I actually know his wife pretty well, she just confirmed he was traded. Kurz is right for once.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they may be pushing for niskanen but you worry about buying high. He had one great year playing with Sid and Geno, so throwing 5+ and term for him could come back to haunt.

The stuart deal makes perfect sense. The return is kinda crappy since a 2nd rounder in 2 years and a 7th in 3 years is pretty far away. Basically, it's a salary dump. I think dougie is gunna go real young on D and they could deal jumbo/patty for a good young Dman could play well particularly if they sign a guy like vrbata who can slot in the top 6.

Mueller, doherty, tennyson, and Abeltshauser will all get a look. I dont hate going young there and see what they got...

The big question for me is what is douge gunna do with his 15M in space. Shep will cost between 1-2M, wingels at 3M ish, demers also 2-3M. But there's still likely to be 6-8M left over. Should be interesting...

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agent started and some of the big names gone already. Stastny to St. Louis, Spezza to Dallas, San Jose a lump of coal :(

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they may be pushing for niskanen but you worry about buying high. He had one great year playing with Sid and Geno, so throwing 5+ and term for him could come back to haunt.

The stuart deal makes perfect sense. The return is kinda crappy since a 2nd rounder in 2 years and a 7th in 3 years is pretty far away. Basically, it's a salary dump. I think dougie is gunna go real young on D and they could deal jumbo/patty for a good young Dman could play well particularly if they sign a guy like vrbata who can slot in the top 6.

Mueller, doherty, tennyson, and Abeltshauser will all get a look. I dont hate going young there and see what they got...

The big question for me is what is douge gunna do with his 15M in space. Shep will cost between 1-2M, wingels at 3M ish, demers also 2-3M. But there's still likely to be 6-8M left over. Should be interesting...
It wouldn't be a problem if one of those young defenders was actually physical presence but they aren't, they are all soft and horribly weak in front of their own net and lose board battles. For a team like the sharks that can't control the front of their net this is the worst thing they could do. If this is the thought of swill going into the season, it's very clear he has no plan or idea of team needs. Sharks need a nasty presence in front of their net and a power forward to replace burns

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Capitals crazy? Brooks Orpik for 5 years???

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanek 3 years 19 mil to Minn. Didn't the Islanders offer him a better deal before? Vanek and Spezza in the West now. Stastny stays in the West too. Miller in the West.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
no surprise that dougie is going quiet thus far. I expect that even if he remains quiet in the UFA market, trades will still be likely. Think about all the teams that are looking for a #1C that lost out on stastny. Toronto and NYR remain soft up the middle. If dougie stays quiet on the UFA market and keeps 8+M in cap space free, then that igve him much more flexibility to bring back salary in a Jumbo deal.

I would love to see him add up front and then trade for some studly D. Vrbata and downie are still out there...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sharks sign Taylor Fedun for $600K.
Never heard of him.

just a 2-way deal. no biggie... he gota cup a tea with edm apparently, and scored twice as a Dman. I think its just to bolster the A, replace acolatse. not likely he's gunna make the team, but he did have pretty solid year in the A, so he may compete for a chance.