• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Off-Season Rumor

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Especially w the way he played down the stretch, and in the playoffs.
I was hoping they'd sign him to a multi year deal.

I think it's a one year deal because they are using him as insurance at the 3rd line center spot encase none of the young guys earn that spot out of camp. One year should buy more than enough time for one of the prospects to develop and take the spot for the 15/16 season.

That seems to be the way Wilson is approaching this "rebuild". Instead of blowing everything up and starting from scratch like everyone thinks of when talking rebuilds he's letting some of the veterans play out their contracts to allow for more time to draft and develop. Over the next two or three years Wilson will rotate out all the veterans for home grown talent.

Besides a couple of the bottom six guys the only player I think Wilson wants to trade this off season is Thornton. Niemi might also be moved but I don't think that will happen until mid season/trade deadline time and only if he's lost the starting spot to Stalock.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: I got a terrific idea...

Trade Demers, Kennedy/Burish, Draft pick for Matt Green

Trade Desjardins, Draft pick for Freddy Oduya

Trade Niemi to Buffalo for Draft picks

Sign Steve Ott 3rd line Center

Sign Martin Brodeur *teach Stalock*

Sign Scott Hannan

PTO: Setoguchi, Del Zotto

:think: Think of the possibilities

Marleau , Couture , Nieto
Hertl , Thornton , Pavelski
Torres , Ott , Wingles
Scott , Sheppard , Brown

Vlasic , Braun
Oduya , Burns
?????? , Green

Stalock
Brodeur

:thumb: I should be GM :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks may have found a real gem in Bergman. Every aspect of his game is solid.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks have re-signed Scott Hannan to a one year deal.

They have also signed Micheal Haley (Dirt bag goon from the Islanders/Penguins fiasco a while back) and Bryan Lerg. Both of these I assume are Worcester signings.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks have re-signed Scott Hannan to a one year deal.

They have also signed Micheal Haley (Dirt bag goon from the Islanders/Penguins fiasco a while back) and Bryan Lerg. Both of these I assume are Worcester signings.

Hey, but we are rebuilding, right? :noidea: :wtf2:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They also signed todd ewen, tim hunter and mcsorely

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I get this - they resigned Hannan but traded Stuart? Maybe its just me but I thought Hannan, while adequate, was slow and sort of on his last legs.. Stuart looked better - clearly past his prime - but better. With the depth we had for some young guys here - I would have thought the strategy would be to bring in a solid #1/#2 type Dman and then give are youth some more time at #5 or #6.

I just cant seem to get my head around what these fundamental changes we were promised are...

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am not sure I get this - they resigned Hannan but traded Stuart? Maybe its just me but I thought Hannan, while adequate, was slow and sort of on his last legs.. Stuart looked better - clearly past his prime - but better. With the depth we had for some young guys here - I would have thought the strategy would be to bring in a solid #1/#2 type Dman and then give are youth some more time at #5 or #6.

I just cant seem to get my head around what these fundamental changes we were promised are...

Trading Stuart only accomplished one thing....shaved some more $$ off the payroll. I'm starting to get a bad feeling that's what they are going to do this offseason. We aren't raising tickets prices!!! Yeah, just cut off $10M or so from the payroll instead.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hannan? Dougie have you lost your mind. If we are going for a youth movement, then go for it. Hannan adds no value just like parade of goons just signed.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its a good resigning, he was solid and played a lot more then i thought he was. Rarely didnt he have a bad game, great positional play and a heavy player on the boards. His role is to be a mentor but he will push the youngsters for playing time, and i think thats what Dswill wants

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Doug going to give up to get Kane? I doubt Patty or Joe will waive for Winnipeg and I doubt that the Jets are interested in a package of Burish, Kennedy, and a second round pick. Couture? I don't see a deal between these two teams.

I think that if Winnipeg is going to move him they will be able to find a better return elsewhere.

bloatedmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Dropping Stuart saves money and netted the Sharks a future pick for a guy who is declining and would be gone at the end of the year anyway. Hannan is a whatever move to give the Sharks a veteran 7th defenseman. The Sharks don't care about building a winner for next year as Wilson has already said the team is rebuilding. He isn't actively trying to make a big splash to get players who will help for now. Unfortunately, Wilson doesn't really understand how to "rebuild' which is why he is bringing in nothing but goons to protect their young stars who don't actually exist. Right now he has the team stuck in purgatory keeping the future core stuck between vets that the team needs to get rid off but won't (Thornton/Patty/Niemi), and useless hacks that just make the team worse (Scott/Burrish/Kennedy/Brown).

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropping Stuart saves money and netted the Sharks a future pick for a guy who is declining and would be gone at the end of the year anyway. Hannan is a whatever move to give the Sharks a veteran 7th defenseman. The Sharks don't care about building a winner for next year as Wilson has already said the team is rebuilding. He isn't actively trying to make a big splash to get players who will help for now. Unfortunately, Wilson doesn't really understand how to "rebuild' which is why he is bringing in nothing but goons to protect their young stars who don't actually exist. Right now he has the team stuck in purgatory keeping the future core stuck between vets that the team needs to get rid off but won't (Thornton/Patty/Niemi), and useless hacks that just make the team worse (Scott/Burrish/Kennedy/Brown).

Very well said. :clap: Now, how do I get my season ticket money back?!?! :gaah:

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well said. :clap: Now, how do I get my season ticket money back?!?! :gaah:

I think my point still stands - it just doesn't make any fucking sense, although I'll concede more in the context of our overall strategy. I get saving money getting a few picks, etc.. but you are either REBUILDING (meaning Thornton and Marleau are out the door for picks and youth.. Stastny would have been a nice pickup for example) or you are TWEAKING - adding a few goons to upgrade your depth, letting a few veterans and are not up to the task go and rolling in a few pieces.

I can't figure out what the direction is - Boyle and Stuart out to save some money, sign a handful of no-talent goons that will have sparing use on our minor team, one good signing to keep Wingles and.... crickets. It doesn't look like rebuilding to me as we haven't really moved and key people and collected significant picks or young top skill. It doesn't seem like tweaking because, honestly, we are worse now than we were last year. So WTF?

You are definitely SPOT on that Dwill has no idea how to rebuild.. but I am thinking he just has no idea WHAT the fuck to do right now.

This is really frustrating. I am ok with either strategy (although I prefer rebuild) but this just looks like we are adrift with the rudder broken off.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my point still stands - it just doesn't make any fucking sense, although I'll concede more in the context of our overall strategy. I get saving money getting a few picks, etc.. but you are either REBUILDING (meaning Thornton and Marleau are out the door for picks and youth.. Stastny would have been a nice pickup for example) or you are TWEAKING - adding a few goons to upgrade your depth, letting a few veterans and are not up to the task go and rolling in a few pieces.

I can't figure out what the direction is - Boyle and Stuart out to save some money, sign a handful of no-talent goons that will have sparing use on our minor team, one good signing to keep Wingles and.... crickets. It doesn't look like rebuilding to me as we haven't really moved and key people and collected significant picks or young top skill. It doesn't seem like tweaking because, honestly, we are worse now than we were last year. So WTF?

You are definitely SPOT on that Dwill has no idea how to rebuild.. but I am thinking he just has no idea WHAT the fuck to do right now.

This is really frustrating. I am ok with either strategy (although I prefer rebuild) but this just looks like we are adrift with the rudder broken off.

I wonder if he's doing a semi-tank job, hoping the "leaders" will take a trade at or before the deadline? But, then I sober up & realize he is clueless. :gaah:

Stackem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea, who knows.

I think he actually did want to rebuild and that was his intent. Knowing though that the NMC's would be an obstacle, he and Tmac btw took to the media in a coordinated effort to put pressure on Marleau and Thornton to accept a trade. That didn't work so now they are pretty much screwed. Plan failed. No question, Wilson should be held accountable as he is the one that created this situation.

Next year is gonna suck. Marleau and Thornton know they are not wanted by the organization. Seriously, if we thought Joe lacked commitment or determination before, how is he gonna play now knowing the coach and GM want him gone??

Its a total mess....

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: Who cares what happens.