• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Browns @ Seahawks: Week 8

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua
Cousins
Allen
Hurts
Stafford
Mahomes
Lawrence
Goff
Carr
*Rookie Stroud
Purdy
Borrow
Jackson
Herbert
Prescott ( EWW)
Mayfield
WILSON ( he has out played Geno )
Levis

Proven guys or younger guys with upside, Hell I would also take
Minshew
Pickett
Dalton
Young

You might think i am nutts but the issue is I believe our offense has the talent to carry a QB to another level and if they are young and still have upside thats a good thing. If they are not as young but can read a defense they all ready got Geno beat.
Purdy?
Mayfield?

I think you have convinced yourself that the only problem with this offense is Geno.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondered what was up on that play. Cleveland definitely offside but Geno still shouldn't have thrown that ball where he did. He was way off targeting DK all day.
I think most QBs are trained to throw it downfield on offsides

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they should have replaced Geno on that last drive
That can be played two ways. Maybe they should have replaced him in the first half. Might have been well enough ahead not to need the fortunate defensive plays and badly missed throws by the Browns down the stretch.

Geno can make throws, but his decision making is often way too slow and he goes through spells where he just doesn't make even reasonable decisions either being too scared/conservative, forcing plays, or just misreading the coverage.

There's a reason he spent most of his career as a backup. He's good enough to start on maybe half the teams in the league, but not generally the ones legit going after a SB run.

It was encouraging to see him actually have a late game winning drive. It isn't something we have seen throughout his tenure here.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was on the field for almost 40 minutes i think they played fine.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was encouraging to see him actually have a late game winning drive. It isn't something we have seen throughout his tenure here.
Yeah, it was good that he righted the ship in time. He had one last year but it's not something he has shown much of for sure.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can be played two ways. Maybe they should have replaced him in the first half. Might have been well enough ahead not to need the fortunate defensive plays and badly missed throws by the Browns down the stretch.

Geno can make throws, but his decision making is often way too slow and he goes through spells where he just doesn't make even reasonable decisions either being too scared/conservative, forcing plays, or just misreading the coverage.

There's a reason he spent most of his career as a backup. He's good enough to start on maybe half the teams in the league, but not generally the ones legit going after a SB run.

Once you bench your starter, there is rarely any going back.

If you do it you have to accept that you are going to stay with the backup.

If the backup shits the bed then you are really screwed.

The Seahawks are in 1st place and the 2 seed. Geno is the guy and that isn't going to change unless the team starts losing games.

Honestly I think K9s starting spot is in far more danger

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you bench your starter, there is rarely any going back.

If you do it you have to accept that you are going to stay with the backup.

If the backup shits the bed then you are really screwed.

The Seahawks are in 1st place and the 2 seed. Geno is the guy and that isn't going to change unless the team starts losing games.

Honestly I think K9s starting spot is in far more danger
I was giving you the flip of what you said, and I already saw where you agreed Geno is at best a middle of the road option at QB. I've said all year I wouldn't bench Geno because I think Lock is fucking terrible and prone to forcing the ball way too much. He's a worse option, but that doesn't mean Geno should be above criticism.

The first game loss is on pretty much everyone on that team. It was a bad game all around. The loss vs the Bengals? of course you can pick out any details you want, but Geno wouldn't have had to have played out of his normal range to actually have won that game.

We can keep going, but he's been bad even in their last two wins. Of course you take 5-2 over 2-5, but to somehow give Geno a free pass just because of that total seems odd.

His bad play will cost them games. Even you agree with that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was giving you the flip of what you said, and I already saw where you agreed Geno is at best a middle of the road option at QB. I've said all year I wouldn't bench Geno because I think Lock is fucking terrible and prone to forcing the ball way too much. He's a worse option, but that doesn't mean Geno should be above criticism.

The first game loss is on pretty much everyone on that team. It was a bad game all around. The loss vs the Bengals? of course you can pick out any details you want, but Geno wouldn't have had to have played out of his normal range to actually have won that game.

We can keep going, but he's been bad even in their last two wins. Of course you take 5-2 over 2-5, but to somehow give Geno a free pass just because of that total seems odd.

His bad play will cost them games. Even you agree with that.
Geno frustrates me as well. But I think fans have a tendency to blame the qb for all offensive woes.

But he's who we got for this season. I don't think he's all that different from last year.

When the seasons over we can see who else they can bring in.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next week will tell us where we stand as a team and were Geno stands as a QB. Then they get 2 winnable games before they get punched in the face. Sucks that the 49ers go into their slump now, would have been better for them to go into it when facing us LMAO! 49ers have lost 3 in a row.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno frustrates me as well. But I think fans have a tendency to blame the qb for all offensive woes.

But he's who we got for this season. I don't think he's all that different from last year.

When the seasons over we can see who else they can bring in.
Isn't that what I said when you questioned bringing up the draft? lol

I've also said Geno would be at least a little bit better if they had a healthy line in front of him.

They would also look better if they solved their defense and found a consistent pass rush.

He by far isn't their only significant problem.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEll, I predicted ugly and it definitely turned out that way. This Cleveland defense is legit but damn, too many mistakes across the board. Lots on Geno. Just lost it after a fantastic start to the game. Defense stepped up in the end and at least Geno did what he had to do when it mattered most. Fucking penalties killed us all game long. All in all, happy with the win and happy to be in 1st place in the div. Although it will likely be short lived. Expect to be tied with San Fran after next week with them 1 up in div games.

To be fair the Hawks offense had a higher yards per play average. The Browns got 4 1st downs on penalties and i think they all were on 3rd downs and all were "Stops" 4 drives extended by penalties can add 150-200 yards easy to a total. I thought the Defense was on the field WAY to much and half that was the offenses issue along with Geno's turnovers and the penalties were the other half. The flags were VERY timely for the Browns today. Defense has given up 50 (12.5 ) points in 4 games they gave up 88 (29.34 ) in the first 3. I am still holding onto this defense as a GOOD D ... FINALLY!

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that what I said when you questioned bringing up the draft? lol

I've also said Geno would be at least a little bit better if they had a healthy line in front of him.

They would also look better if they solved their defense and found a consistent pass rush.

He by far isn't their only significant problem.
I don't think there is much difference in how you and I see things.

IMO I see a lot of people, however, that want to pretend that Geno is the only problem.

IMO, our biggest problem is our short yardage offense

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair the Hawks offense had a higher yards per play average. The Browns got 4 1st downs on penalties and i think they all were on 3rd downs and all were "Stops" 4 drives extended by penalties can add 150-200 yards easy to a total. I thought the Defense was on the field WAY to much and half that was the offenses issue along with Geno's turnovers and the penalties were the other half. The flags were VERY timely for the Browns today. Defense has given up 50 (12.5 ) points in 4 games they gave up 88 (29.34 ) in the first 3. I am still holding onto this defense as a GOOD D ... FINALLY!
The defense is a lot better. And those timely penalties certainly hurt the defense.

But this defense still struggles with screens. And it's unclear how good their rush defense really is

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why it doesn't make sense with our run to pass ratio... In the off season, when Geno was signed and Charb was drafted, Carroll mentioned that he wanted his offensive identity to lean more on the run... That doesn't seem like what's happening so far this season... Can't really question it too much because we are 5-2 but still... We've been a bit more pass heavy... Games like today, I don't understand why we abandon the run like we did when we're ramming it right down their throats...
Next week they have to establish the run. No way should Geno be dropping back 35 to 40 times against the Ravens D.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the offensive line played a lot better than i expected and didnt give up but 1 sack which honestly geno held onto the ball way too long.
other wise he had time, he just made a lot of bad throws, even ones you dont usually see him make like throwing it into the dirt or throwing it outside the receivers reach.
I dont put his bad game on the OL, it was pretty much entirely on geno

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua
Cousins
Allen
Hurts
Stafford
Mahomes
Lawrence
Goff
Carr
*Rookie Stroud
Purdy
Borrow
Jackson
Herbert
Prescott ( EWW)
Mayfield
WILSON ( he has out played Geno )
Levis

Proven guys or younger guys with upside, Hell I would also take
Minshew
Pickett
Dalton
Young

You might think i am nutts but the issue is I believe our offense has the talent to carry a QB to another level and if they are young and still have upside thats a good thing. If they are not as young but can read a defense they all ready got Geno beat. GENO CAN NOT READ A DEFENSE! even the announcers basically said that in this game. The also said he wasn't getting off his first read till it was "TO LATE" Hell the BROWNS QB today might have put up 30 points with our offensive talent around him.
That's a little overboard cause no way I want Cousins, Stafford, Carr, Mayfield, RW, Levis, Red Rocket, Pickett running the show.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a little overboard cause no way I want Cousins, Stafford, Carr, Mayfield, RW, Levis, Red Rocket, Pickett running the show.

They all have better read and recognition skills than Geno though. Cousins is always in the top 10 people just like to pile on him. Stafford is still a good QB and the MAIN thing is This team is LOADED on the offense. Well minus the QB. The players we have on the offense could carry a lot of QB's in this league. Just got to limit the brain farts. Cousins, Stafford, Carr, Mayfield, Wilson, Levis, Dalton and Pickett would all do better than Geno with this massive talented offensive team. I have seen them all do better with MUCH less.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was on the field for almost 40 minutes i think they played fine.
So many drives kept alive by tick tack calls also … D played ok, BUT they sucked at stopping screen passes which was surprising considering they knew coming in the Browns run lot’s of screens and they’re good at it.. We should have been a little more prepared in that area …

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many drives kept alive by tick tack calls also … D played ok, BUT they sucked at stopping screen passes which was surprising considering they knew coming in the Browns run lot’s of screens and they’re good at it.. We should have been a little more prepared in that area …
they have ALWAYS sucked at stopping screens, just cant ever figure it out.