• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 17: Steelers @ Seahawks Thread

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't anyone but you that believes Geno is the reason they lost that game. It's not hard to understand.

The offense had lost two of the starting linemen and Walker. What was a pretty solid offense in the first half degraded as they lost players.

What was consistent from the first kick off through to the end was the putrid defense.

As has been said, if you want to hang everything on Geno you are more than entitled to do so. It's a weekly thing with you so it's not a shock to anyone. The rest of us will look at the whole team and judge the entire team performance and not predispose to look only to how one player does as the reason they win or lose.

Defense gives up nearly 500y AT HOME. Couldn't tackle. Bad angles. Blown up nearly every play at the line. But hey, the offense could have still overcame and failed to do so because one guy was bad!

It's just a totally garbage take and there isn't anyone on this site that doesn't agree with that.

Feel free to stop trying to defend it and just live in your misery.
Geno Smith did not cause that loss. Seattle’s overall soft defense was the culprit. They got punched in the mouth and instead of punching back they wilted.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about trade value, but on offense the RBs, WRs and OTs are decent. On defense Mafe, Woolen, Witherspoon maybe Nwosu are likely core players and players like Love , Reed are "good enough" to fill a spot for a bit. Maybe Cameron Young and Derick Hall can contribute next season although it isn't looking good considering they weren't used this season.
Woolen has been horrible this year.

Reed has been a disappointment. He came into the season talking big. He hasn’t lived up to that talk.

The Seahawks O line is still not all that solid. Cross has not lived up to expectations. Hopefully Lucas will get his knee issue straightened out this off season. He’s the best they have. He’s a stud.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woolen has been horrible this year.

Reed has been a disappointment. He came into the season talking big. He hasn’t lived up to that talk.

The Seahawks O line is still not all that solid. Cross has not lived up to expectations. Hopefully Lucas will get his knee issue straightened out this off season. He’s the best they have. He’s a stud.
Woolen had a bad season, but hopefully he finds his form again next season. Reed been fine, Cross play was down. Agree about Lucas. Interior of the OL been soft, so need some work on the OL.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woolen had a bad season, but hopefully he finds his form again next season. Reed been fine, Cross play was down. Agree about Lucas. Interior of the OL been soft, so need some work on the OL.
Reed was a big disappointment. He was supposed to be the missing link in stopping the run. That hasn’t worked out.

Has Woolen lost any confidence he once had? He can’t seem to cover anyone and he continually wiffs on tackles.

Cross has earned more time to develop. According to most NFL people, College football is not producing NFL ready offensive linemen. They supposedly now need a couple of years to develop.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed was a big disappointment. He was supposed to be the missing link in stopping the run. That hasn’t worked out.

Has Woolen lost any confidence he once had? He can’t seem to cover anyone and he continually wiffs on tackles.

Cross has earned more time to develop. According to most NFL people, College football is not producing NFL ready offensive linemen. They supposedly now need a couple of years to develop.
Reed a disappointment? Guess that depends on your expectations. His second go around with Seahawks, been on couple other NFL teams, so to me he's a journeymen. Which is why I said Reed was "good enough " to fill a spot for a while. Plenty of other needs and don't see filling them all next season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Woolen has played reasonably well as a cover corner. He was weak on run support last year and got worse, along with the rest of the team, this year.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed a disappointment? Guess that depends on your expectations. His second go around with Seahawks, been on couple other NFL teams, so to me he's a journeymen. Which is why I said Reed was "good enough " to fill a spot for a while. Plenty of other needs and don't see filling them all next season.
Seattle’s run defense is weak. He was supposed to be the missing ingredient. He sure talked tough before the season started. He was mostly held in check this year. His walk didn’t match his talk.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woolen has played reasonably well as a cover corner. He was weak on run support last year and got worse, along with the rest of the team, this year.
Woolen has been torched this year. So bad he got benched at one point. He was benched, came into a game and immediately got torched and was pulled out of the game. No Seahawks DB has played well on a consistent basis this year. Both Adams and Diggs need to be replaced. No one in the Seahawks defensive secondary can cover a receiver consistently. Especially in the middle of the field.

There’s been no improvement over last year. In most cases it’s the opposite. I think coaching is somewhat responsible because they’ve been making the same mistakes all season long.

I think Pete Carroll will make some big changes on his defensive coaching staff in the off season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woolen has been torched this year. So bad he got benched at one point. He was benched, came into a game and immediately got torched and was pulled out of the game. No Seahawks DB has played well on a consistent basis this year. Both Adams and Diggs need to be replaced. No one in the Seahawks defensive secondary can cover a receiver consistently. Especially in the middle of the field.

There’s been no improvement over last year. In most cases it’s the opposite. I think coaching is somewhat responsible because they’ve been making the same mistakes all season long.

I think Pete Carroll will make some big changes on his defensive coaching staff in the off season.

Woolen was benched mostly for failing to tackle. Witherspoon has played well. Tre Brown has been ok.

Hopefully the biggest change in the offseason will be that Pete will retire.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woolen was benched mostly for failing to tackle. Witherspoon has played well. Tre Brown has been ok.

That's all of our hope is Pete leaving but I'm not so sure especially if him and John want to take a QB with their first pick.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was benched for failing to over his receiver. A CB is there to cover receivers. To prevent them from catching the ball. Wools has been burned by average receivers all season long.

Pete Carroll is not the problem. If there’s a problem with him, it’s being too loyal to assistants who are not developing talent effectively.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was benched for failing to over his receiver. A CB is there to cover receivers. To prevent them from catching the ball. Wools has been burned by average receivers all season long.

I feel like we are watching different games. Woolens biggest problems this year were poor tackling and getting called on too many PI/illegal contact calls, several of which were dubious. I don't recall anyone burning on straight coverage all season although I'm sure it happened.

Pete Carroll is not the problem. If there’s a problem with him, it’s being too loyal to assistants who are not developing talent effectively.

So we can fire another defensive coordinator. First it was Kris Richard that was the problem. Then Ken Nortion. Now Clint Hurtt. All the while, they play Pete's defensive system.

At some point we have to accept that we aren't going to win a Super Bowl with Pete.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't you think covering receivers includes tackling them if they catch the ball? I mean that is certainly part of playing defense, especially in the NFL where teams pass about 60% of the time. Woolen has been a particularly poor tackler this year, and there is just no way it wasn't a factor in him getting sat down.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think covering receivers includes tackling them if they catch the ball? I mean that is certainly part of playing defense, especially in the NFL where teams pass about 60% of the time. Woolen has been a particularly poor tackler this year, and there is just no way it wasn't a factor in him getting sat down.
Failing to cover them is the first and primary mistake. Failing to tackle them after the catch is the second mistake. Woolen has been particularly poor at both this year. When you have cornerbacks needing to make so many tackles, that’s a problem.

Someone the other day was telling me that the Seahawks are really great when it comes to assists concerning tackling. What that tells me is that the first guy missed the tackle.

Can Woolen recover next season and live up to the potential he demonstrated last year?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This debacle lands on Pete. To continue with a base 3-4 defense that hasn't worked and refuse to change is part of the reason teams gash them. Also add past drafts of reaching or trading back instead of taking BPA of need. It's time for a change and we all thank Pete for giving us football we'll always remember.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This debacle lands on Pete. To continue with a base 3-4 defense that hasn't worked and refuse to change is part of the reason teams gash them. Also add past drafts of reaching or trading back instead of taking BPA of need. It's time for a change and we all thank Pete for giving us football we'll always remember.
schneider has to be culpable too and we should move on from him as well.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm ok with moving on from Schneider but only if Jodi has someone else to fill the job.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to roll with John 2yrs past Pete to see how he drafts. I was always the believer Pete had final say on who they drafted.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to roll with John 2yrs past Pete to see how he drafts. I was always the believer Pete had final say on who they drafted.
If they bring in a high value HC like harbaugh i think schneider goes bye bye.

If they hire a young guy with no HC experience, it'll be Schneider's guy.

I would rather bring in harbaugh.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they bring in a high value HC like harbaugh i think schneider goes bye bye.

If they hire a young guy with no HC experience, it'll be Schneider's guy.

I would rather bring in harbaugh.
We're not getting Harbs. He'll probably end up in LA.