• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Browns @ Seahawks: Week 8

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn couldn't get a yard, Our Running game is fine it's just UNDER USED! 25th in rushing attempts, 21st in yards ( Lack of attempts ) 11th in Average per rush.

And yet you say the problem, as it were, is Geno.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you say the problem, as it were, is Geno.

You really are butt hurt about the truth with Geno, you are showing your man crush for everyone to see.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are butt hurt about the truth with Geno, you are showing your man crush for everyone to see.

Not butthurt in the least. I just find your Geno obsession weird.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not butthurt in the least. I just find your Geno obsession weird.

Your the one defending him constantly even with the numbers show what i have been saying. It's mind boggling.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your the one defending him constantly even with the numbers show what i have been saying. It's mind boggling.

LOL. Says the guy who claims to have psychoanalyzed Geno Smith through the television.

There are certainly flaws in Geno's game. But you just make shit up and think if you say it over and over then it becomes true. You are looking for rationalizations to justify your position.

Maybe actually read some analysis of Geno's play instead of engaging in mind reading.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are saying you don't know why? Uhm try only 4 INT's oh and 10 TD but the MAIN reason is because Baker Mayfield at least WANTS to play good, Geno half the time looks like he would rather be at home sleeping. Baker is a more dynamic player. The fact that people think Baker isn't better than Geno just shows that you are a HOMER! it's BLATANT! Yes I would rather of had Mayfield when he costed "Nothing" I wouldn't in a million years trade for him.

Geno Smith / Baker Mayfield Bolded is the better stat
the first 8 are based off this season ( Geno has a better offensive group than Baker )

Completions, 152 / 158
Attempts, .......225 / 246
Percentage, ..67.6 / 64.2
Yards, ..........1,645 / 1,600
Yds/Att ............7.3 / 6.5
TD .........................9 / 10
INT....................... 6 / 4
Sacked .............14 / 11

Career INT% ....3.0 / 2.7
Career TD% ......4.0 / 4.5
Career completed air yards per completion 3.4 / 6.3 ( Geno is captain dink )
2023 Rushing
Attempts........ 20 / 31
Yards................ 49 / 118
Yds/Att........... 2.5 / 3.8
Long................ 15 / 31
20+.................... 0 / 2
TD...................... 0 / 0
Average Snaps per game 61 / 65
Points per 100 snaps 23.5 / 25.5

Like it or not Baker Mayfield is a better QB. He scores more gets sacked less and throws lower Int's and runs better. The real kicker is they both average 2.4 seconds from snap to throw yet Geno RARELY gets off his FIRST READ!

It's the seahawks colored glasses that drives me insane, If Lock was our QB and was playing at the level Geno is right now you ALL would be throwing a fit!
You're the dumbass that mentioned Baker fucking Mayfield. Congrats on proving their starts mirror each other. I fucking said I'd rather have a different QB but right now that's not possible till the off-season. Every single guy you rattled off either suck, washed or in Levis unproven. So yea, my fucking Seahawk glasses are off. Give me a trade that you'd like that would have landed a top flight QB before the deadline past. I'll wait.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Says the guy who claims to have psychoanalyzed Geno Smith through the television.

There are certainly flaws in Geno's game. But you just make shit up and think if you say it over and over then it becomes true. You are looking for rationalizations to justify your position.

Maybe actually read some analysis of Geno's play instead of engaging in mind reading.

Make shit up? I posted stats to prove my point you posted opinions LMAO psychoanalyze that. You continue to defend Geno but bring nothing to the table. You said He was Way better than Mayfield i proved that Mayfield is better than Geno all though not by much but he is still better. You went quiet. You continue to reply to my post trying to oh i don't know make fun of my schooling? that's called deflecting, look it up because that's ALL you have done. I Posted columns written by people that know football a million times better than you do and you ignore them just because they back up what i have said. lol

I really do find it funny that you are SO WELLING to go SO FAR OUT OF YOUR WAY to defend Geno. He isn't worth defending LMAO he is a back up quality QB thats all he is.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make shit up? I posted stats to prove my point you posted opinions LMAO psychoanalyze that. You continue to defend Geno but bring nothing to the table. You said He was Way better than Mayfield i proved that Mayfield is better than Geno all though not by much but he is still better. You went quiet. You continue to reply to my post trying to oh i don't know make fun of my schooling? that's called deflecting, look it up because that's ALL you have done. I Posted columns written by people that know football a million times better than you do and you ignore them just because they back up what i have said. lol

You didn't prove anything. I never said that Geno was way better than Mayfield. YOU are the one who said that Mayfield was better than Geno. I said that Geno is more or less the same as about a dozen other QBs in the league. You weren't satisfied with that so you decided to claim that Mayfield was better and Dalton was better and Carr was better.

I really do find it funny that you are SO WELLING to go SO FAR OUT OF YOUR WAY to defend Geno. He isn't worth defending LMAO he is a back up quality QB thats all he is.

You: Geno is a terrible QB
Me: Me. He isn't terrible. He slightly above leaguge average
You: Why are you defending him?!?!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't prove anything. I never said that Geno was way better than Mayfield. YOU are the one who said that Mayfield was better than Geno. I said that Geno is more or less the same as about a dozen other QBs in the league. You weren't satisfied with that so you decided to claim that Mayfield was better and Dalton was better and Carr was better.

You: Geno is a terrible QB
Me: Me. He isn't terrible. He slightly above leaguge average
You: Why are you defending him?!?!
Me: Geno needs to play better
You: It's the olines fault
Me: Geno played bad again
You: ( Blames Waldron ) Geno doesn't create the gameplan or plays.
Me: Why are you deflecting? ( Blaming others for Geno playing badly )
you: I'm not blaming Waldron. In fact, I'm not looking to blame anyone. The team is doing well.
you: If Geno gets 3 seconds, he does well. If he doesn't, he struggles. Like most QBs in the league.

WTF?!?!

Average time to throw in the NFL 2.4 seconds
Goff 2.3, Allen 2.3, Hurts 2.6, Trevor Lawrence 2.0, Justin Herbert 2.4, Joe Burrow 2.1, Geno 2.4
So Geno should get the highest pocket time in the NFL to throw the ball to do well? He just needs to go through his progression faster! Watch his first read FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, when they are off scripted plays ( first 20 plays of a game ) watch Geno's eyes, get the all 22/ coaches film just for a week. He sits on a target for far to long. Normally it's DK or Lockett and other guys are getting open and he misses them. this happens a half dozen times a game.

All i want from geno is for him to pull his head out, they need to light a fire under him, I say get to more timing patterns and high tempo play. Get his mind thinking quick quick quick. He has been High or Behind his targets something awful as of late also( last 3 to 4 games ). Again go watch the all 22 PLEASE, hell I will pay for it. Ok no I wont lol.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me: Geno needs to play better
You: It's the olines fault
Me: Geno played bad again
You: ( Blames Waldron ) Geno doesn't create the gameplan or plays.
Me: Why are you deflecting? ( Blaming others for Geno playing badly )
you: I'm not blaming Waldron. In fact, I'm not looking to blame anyone. The team is doing well.
you: If Geno gets 3 seconds, he does well. If he doesn't, he struggles. Like most QBs in the league.

I have NEVER disagreed with you saying that Geno needs to play better. But what I don't do is give everyone else on the offense a pass and pretend that the only problem the offense has is Geno.

WTF?!?!

Average time to throw in the NFL 2.4 seconds
Goff 2.3, Allen 2.3, Hurts 2.6, Trevor Lawrence 2.0, Justin Herbert 2.4, Joe Burrow 2.1, Geno 2.4
So Geno should get the highest pocket time in the NFL to throw the ball to do well? He just needs to go through his progression faster! Watch his first read FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, when they are off scripted plays ( first 20 plays of a game ) watch Geno's eyes, get the all 22/ coaches film just for a week. He sits on a target for far to long. Normally it's DK or Lockett and other guys are getting open and he misses them. this happens a half dozen times a game.

You are just making shit up.

I'll post this again. Maybe you'll actually watch it this time.

All i want from geno is for him to pull his head out, they need to light a fire under him, I say get to more timing patterns and high tempo play. Get his mind thinking quick quick quick. He has been High or Behind his targets something awful as of late also( last 3 to 4 games ). Again go watch the all 22 PLEASE, hell I will pay for it. Ok no I wont lol.

Does Geno not see open players or is he missing them? Pick a lane?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have NEVER disagreed with you saying that Geno needs to play better. But what I don't do is give everyone else on the offense a pass and pretend that the only problem the offense has is Geno.

Hard to tell at 2:25 but that looks like a homerun ball to DK if he puts it out there. I also wish they'd send DK over the middle a bit more... let him run routes inside, seems like all DK knows how to do is do out routes lol.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to tell at 2:25 but that looks like a homerun ball to DK if he puts it out there. I also wish they'd send DK over the middle a bit more... let him run routes inside, seems like all DK knows how to do is do out routes lol.

Are you talking about the pass to Locket where Metcalf is doing a criss cross with him? I think he looks more open because he jumps on Locket once the ball was thrown.

The interesting one is later in the game is at 16:50. Cover 1 with Walker running a wheel route out of the backfield. Free blitzer in Geno's face and Geno does what he is supposed to. He throws it to Walker but he underthrows it so it winds up incomplete rather than a big play. But he doesn't have time to step into the throw so the underthrow is to be expected.

The analyst in the video points out that the problem with the play was the protection. So that was either on Geno failing to properly declare the protection to Evan Brown or he botches it so he winds up basically doing nothing while a backer comes in on Geno untouched. If Brown picks up the blitzer that is probably a big play.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about the pass to Locket where Metcalf is doing a criss cross with him? I think he looks more open because he jumps on Locket once the ball was thrown.

The interesting one is later in the game is at 16:50. Cover 1 with Walker running a wheel route out of the backfield. Free blitzer in Geno's face and Geno does what he is supposed to. He throws it to Walker but he underthrows it so it winds up incomplete rather than a big play. But he doesn't have time to step into the throw so the underthrow is to be expected.

The analyst in the video points out that the problem with the play was the protection. So that was either on Geno failing to properly declare the protection to Evan Brown or he botches it so he winds up basically doing nothing while a backer comes in on Geno untouched. If Brown picks up the blitzer that is probably a big play.

Yes that's what I'm referencing and you bring up a great point, the defender may have just reacted to the ball already being thrown.. but it'd be interesting to hear Geno and the coaches thoughts if they reviewed that footage.

As for your points on protection, I think Waldron needs to draft up receiving routes (especially in this Baltimore game) that just allow Geno to get the ball out faster. I know DK likes to have the big play but F that... we need to give Geno routes that are designed to get the ball out in < 2 seconds. That would require some extra tight ends, less wide receivers, and less deep routes. And until our offensive line actually heals up fully, that just needs to be a thing.

Seattle is also one of the worst teams at rushing offense where they hit the designated play. That means there's way too much dancing in the backfield. I like Walker but I often see him dance WAAAAAAAAY too much. I know Barry Sanders did the same thing, but Barry also danced for a LOT of losses, he was a massive swing player... If Walker just hit the hole on a lot of runs he'd probably have another 100 yards this season lol. Know I kind of shifted gears there but whatevs.

I know not everyone has the PFF sub but here ya go for OLINE rankings, we're not looking great:

1699113811492.png

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that's what I'm referencing and you bring up a great point, the defender may have just reacted to the ball already being thrown.. but it'd be interesting to hear Geno and the coaches thoughts if they reviewed that footage.

As for your points on protection, I think Waldron needs to draft up receiving routes (especially in this Baltimore game) that just allow Geno to get the ball out faster. I know DK likes to have the big play but F that... we need to give Geno routes that are designed to get the ball out in < 2 seconds. That would require some extra tight ends, less wide receivers, and less deep routes. And until our offensive line actually heals up fully, that just needs to be a thing.

I know not everyone has the PFF sub but here ya go:

View attachment 345206

The funny thing is that the OL has played demonstrably better this year than in recent memory for the Seahawks so I think a lot of fans want to give them the pass and not point out that they have struggled at times. It shouldn't surprise anyone that they struggle at times. Lots of injuries. Every week it is a new starting 5. Rookie RG, 2nd year LT. Forsythe playing out of position.

So if you watch each play and focus on the OL, you can see that most of Geno's big plays have come after protection has broken down. Also, our inept play on short yardage is almost entirely due to our OL not getting any push.

Hopefully we get Lucas back and the OL gets some continuity. If that happens, I suspect the offense in general will look a lot better.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is that the OL has played demonstrably better this year than in recent memory for the Seahawks so I think a lot of fans want to give them the pass and not point out that they have struggled at times. It shouldn't surprise anyone that they struggle at times. Lots of injuries. Every week it is a new starting 5. Rookie RG, 2nd year LT. Forsythe playing out of position.

So if you watch each play and focus on the OL, you can see that most of Geno's big plays have come after protection has broken down. Also, our inept play on short yardage is almost entirely due to our OL not getting any push.

Hopefully we get Lucas back and the OL gets some continuity. If that happens, I suspect the offense in general will look a lot better.

I mean we all get it flyer (and I don't mean that to be snippy, just agreeing) - our OL has been in shambles unfortunately this season. I was NOT a big fan of Phil Haynes but I liked the pick of Bradford. Lewis just can't stay healthy... Cross/Abraham I'm hoping aren't going to be the next injury trend.

It's just kind of a shitty situation with the Hawks OL at this point due to all the injuries (and from what I've read/viewed from NFL players, OL requires continuity. This crew has talent, but someone needs to investigate the food and beverage that the Seahawks cooks are feeding these guys!

That said, all the more reason to use multiple TEs this game and for our RBs to stay scripted to what the play is so our OL can help in the best way they know how to play football... also, help Geno and design plays that help him get the ball out quick and isn't taking the playclock down to 1 every time.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean we all get it flyer (and I don't mean that to be snippy, just agreeing) - our OL has been in shambles unfortunately this season. I was NOT a big fan of Phil Haynes but I liked the pick of Bradford. Lewis just can't stay healthy... Cross/Abraham I'm hoping aren't going to be the next injury trend.

It's just kind of a shitty situation with the Hawks OL at this point due to all the injuries (and from what I've read/viewed from NFL players, OL requires continuity. This crew has talent, but someone needs to investigate the food and beverage that the Seahawks cooks are feeding these guys!

That said, all the more reason to use multiple TEs this game and for our RBs to stay scripted to what the play is so our OL can help in the best way they know how to play football... also, help Geno and design plays that help him get the ball out quick and isn't taking the playclock down to 1 every time.
I fully expect that we will be running a lot of 12 and even 13 formations tomorrow.

Charb has been very good in pass pro

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect that we will be running a lot of 12 and even 13 formations tomorrow.

Charb has been very good in pass pro

To your first point, I really hope so mah dude.

On your second, yes he has been, I'd like to see more of him in games. 33% snap count is way too low. Should be 50/50 between Walker and him at the moment with Dallas and McIntosh relegated to special teams or injury issues.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO see you are delusional go look up Time to throw Per QB those are all REAL numbers you just like to sling shit LMAO! Geno must have your knees killing you. I say we start a fund raiser to get Flyer some knee pads.