• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks at Bengals Week 6

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard on 700am ESPN Seattle that Geno has been pressured on 46% of his drop backs... #5 in the NFL... That's crazy... Brock Huard had just mentioned that...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard on 700am ESPN Seattle that Geno has been pressured on 46% of his drop backs... #5 in the NFL... That's crazy... Brock Huard had just mentioned that...

Yeah I heard that on Brock and Salk. Although I think that was specifically in the Cincy game.

And I think he was basically pressured on nearly every play in the 4th quarter.

No way Geno will overcome that. He's not good enough.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I heard that on Brock and Salk. Although I think that was specifically in the Cincy game.

And I think he was basically pressured on nearly every play in the 4th quarter.

No way Geno will overcome that. He's not good enough.

Couple was on the OL, I mean I can sit there and say he should've thrown it up on the final play, but let's be honest, Bradford shit the bed on that (and I can excuse it, he's a 4th round rookie, not a top 10 guard or veteran).

That said, there was plenty of moments later in that game where guys were completely unblocked to the QB. That's on the QB to pick that up and slide protection or hot route a receiver for a very quick release. Pressures allowed on a QB are not always on the guys blocking.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple was on the OL, I mean I can sit there and say he should've thrown it up on the final play, but let's be honest, Bradford shit the bed on that (and I can excuse it, he's a 4th round rookie, not a top 10 guard or veteran).

That said, there was plenty of moments later in that game where guys were completely unblocked to the QB. That's on the QB to pick that up and slide protection or hot route a receiver for a very quick release. Pressures allowed on a QB are not always on the guys blocking.

The thing for me is that the offense is working quite well on early downs and outside the Red Zone. So it's hard for me to pin it all on Geno, or even the majority of it.

Poor OL play, poor over all execution in leverage situations, and perhaps questionable playcalling are all contributing to it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing for me is that the offense is working quite well on early downs and outside the Red Zone. So it's hard for me to pin it all on Geno, or even the majority of it.

Poor OL play, poor over all execution in leverage situations, and perhaps questionable playcalling are all contributing to it.

I mean the offense as a whole played like shit. I can PROBABLY pardon Lockett and JSN..

The OL played like crap (Cross and Bradford I can somewhat excuse... one is a 4th round rookie and the other just came back from injury, Haynes is out of position).
Walker was dancing like a clown back there.
Why Dallas is in period is beyond me... Charbs is the best blocking RB (by far) and best receiving RB we have. I put that on Waldron/Carroll.
DK was acting like a douche this game.
And then Geno... throw the fuckin' ball dude... and you're missing WIDE open receivers. I mean JSN has the easiest TD of his career. DK had another easy TD. There was no pressure on those throws. Then you're forcing into double coverage when Walker has a lead blocker on a simple backfield throw... Geno did nothing to shift protection, does that STUPID ass Russell spin move (it worked when Wilson was in his 20s and had mobility before he put on a bunch of dad weight and married that **** Ciara).

Whatever.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the offense as a whole played like shit. I can PROBABLY pardon Lockett and JSN..

The OL played like crap (Cross and Bradford I can somewhat excuse... one is a 4th round rookie and the other just came back from injury, Haynes is out of position).
Walker was dancing like a clown back there.
Why Dallas is in period is beyond me... Charbs is the best blocking RB (by far) and best receiving RB we have. I put that on Waldron/Carroll.
DK was acting like a douche this game.
And then Geno... throw the fuckin' ball dude... and you're missing WIDE open receivers. I mean JSN has the easiest TD of his career. DK had another easy TD. There was no pressure on those throws. Then you're forcing into double coverage when Walker has a lead blocker on a simple backfield throw... Geno did nothing to shift protection, does that STUPID ass Russell spin move (it worked when Wilson was in his 20s and had mobility before he put on a bunch of dad weight and married that **** Ciara).

Whatever.

But that's the thing. The offense DIDN'T play like shit, at least not most of the time. 24 1st downs. 5/12 3rd down conversions. 384 yards of offense.

They just failed completely in the Red Zone. 1-5 in Red Zone opportunities. That's inexcusable and you aren't going to win too many games with that sort of performance.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's the thing. The offense DIDN'T play like shit, at least not most of the time. 24 1st downs. 5/12 3rd down conversions. 384 yards of offense.

They just failed completely in the Red Zone. 1-5 in Red Zone opportunities. That's inexcusable and you aren't going to win too many games with that sort of performance.
If Pete had believed in his defense which was doing well second half, that 1-5 should have been 3-5. Should have taken that short FG which would have made it a 1pt game, stop cinny which the defense did and than move down the field for the game winning FG attempt. Geno stunk, but Pete's decision making wasn't very good.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially on punt returns... I 110% don't understand why a 230lb back is returning punts... Usually you want the smaller, agile guys returning punts because they have to make the first guy or 2 miss very quickly once they catch it...

Give JSN a chance at returning punts... Help the kid get opportunities to contribute and make plays... I don't understand that the loyalty and infatuation with DJ Dallas...

Well, he is currently 4th in the league in ypr @ 14.5.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pete had believed in his defense which was doing well second half, that 1-5 should have been 3-5. Should have taken that short FG which would have made it a 1pt game, stop cinny which the defense did and than move down the field for the game winning FG attempt. Geno stunk, but Pete's decision making wasn't very good.

That's unfair. There is no reasonable way that Pete could assume that Cincy would mismanage the clock and go 4 and out. Sure, in retrospect, that would have been the right call but you always play the percentages.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, i was listening to Ray Roberts and he was saying that the true representation of how productive your OL is/can be is how they perform in the Red Zone...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he is currently 4th in the league in ypr @ 14.5.
Yes but how much better would we be with a WR returning punts? The top 20 punt returners are all WR's outside of a CB... DJ is the exception here...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I really don't care if they march DJ out there on punt returns... give him waterboy duties, let him massage other players, I don't give a fuck. KEEP THIS FUCKER OFF THE FIELD on THIRD DOWN IF ZACH IS HEALTHY. That's really all I care for.

DeeJay should have a 0% snap count on offense at this point.

He does absolutely NOTHING better than Walker/Charbs. Again, if I see that fucker in the backfield against Arizona, I'm going to lose it.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's unfair. There is no reasonable way that Pete could assume that Cincy would mismanage the clock and go 4 and out. Sure, in retrospect, that would have been the right call but you always play the percentages.
Percentages goes out the window when the offense keeps tripping over their own feet. Always take the points on the road and let the defense work to get them off the field.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but how much better would we be with a WR returning punts? The top 20 punt returners are all WR's outside of a CB... DJ is the exception here...

I care more that he's getting the job done than what position he's listed at.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I really don't care if they march DJ out there on punt returns... give him waterboy duties, let him massage other players, I don't give a fuck. KEEP THIS FUCKER OFF THE FIELD on THIRD DOWN IF ZACH IS HEALTHY. That's really all I care for.

DeeJay should have a 0% snap count on offense at this point.

He does absolutely NOTHING better than Walker/Charbs. Again, if I see that fucker in the backfield against Arizona, I'm going to lose it.

He's played 8 total snaps in the last 2 games. I'm not sure why this is becoming such an issue.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Dallas is not the reason the offense has been struggling if it came down to that one play or not. There is no rhythm in the passing game, there is no sense of the opposing defense playing on their heels. There is no energy in this offense and it starts with the QB

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas returns punts because he us safe and not going to muff it
Thats pretty much been their MO under carroll

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I did back when we had Tarvaris Jackson, (RIP) was our starter… He was capable, had ok moments, but you just knew most of the time in big moments he’s gonna make a critical mistake, miss an open receiver, get hit and fumble it, or take a sack on 4th down … I feel like Geno is a little better than what Tarvaris was, he has a bigger arm, but he’s prone to those critical mistakes at the worst times…