• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Panthers at Seahawks Week 3

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you can say that about every pick as well. The Jets could have taken Charles Cross with their 1st pick last year and then drafted Tariq Woolen in the 4th round.
all we have to do is wait to find out. im not putting any money on bobo, but so far njigba hasnt distinguished himself.
But again, you are focusing on drafting for need. That has screwed over and over again. Draft the best player available, that you can use.
we have a huge need, watching the bengals absolutely demolish the rams OL when we gave them all day to throw is frustrating as hell.

myles murphy is on that DL and is he making an impact.
The pick WAS a huge reach. It was a huge reach because there weren't a lot of highly rated linemen in that draft. Maybe they thought Sweat would still be available. Maybe they got too cute. But what they shouldn't have done is take a player that wasn't a valuable pick.
since they traded clark is been a real struggle to rebuild the DL, they havent been able to do it. then they had a golden opportunity and let it slip through their fingers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all we have to do is wait to find out. im not putting any money on bobo, but so far njigba hasnt distinguished himself.

we have a huge need, watching the bengals absolutely demolish the rams OL when we gave them all day to throw is frustrating as hell.

myles murphy is on that DL and is he making an impact.

That is an issue of drafting the wrong guys. And their apparent distaste of drafting big interior guys early.

Myles Murphy played tonight? I don't see any stats for him.

since they traded clark is been a real struggle to rebuild the DL, they havent been able to do it. then they had a golden opportunity and let it slip through their fingers.

But not for lack of trying. Saying we need to use every 1st and 2nd round pick on DL is silly. We have used one of our first two picks in EVERY draft since 2014 on a defensive linemen. Until this year and we still used a 2nd rounder on one.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an issue of drafting the wrong guys. And their apparent distaste of drafting big interior guys early.

Myles Murphy played tonight? I don't see any stats for him.
from what I saw he was getting a lot of push, but other players were getting the stats. The bengals made the rams OL their bitch.
But not for lack of trying. Saying we need to use every 1st and 2nd round pick on DL is silly. We have used one of our first two picks in EVERY draft since 2014 on a defensive linemen. Until this year and we still used a 2nd rounder on one.
Thats technically true but they haven't drafted many DTs high, collier and reed are the only that come to mind. Oh and that bust McDowell. They have spent a few picks on undersized LB/DE types.

Something wrong with njigba we aren't aware of?

Looking at tavon austin? Wtf?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes I think you would prefer to see a player fail than have a player you didn't want succeed.

It's 3 games. Maybe don't dance on his grave yet?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good notes.

As for Cross. It'd be great if we get him back next week, but if it's turf toe (even a mild case of it) I'm willing to bet he's out until after the bye. Turf toe sounds like not a big thing, but it usually sidelines guys for 6-8 weeks it seems.

Yeah, for sure Cross may not play until after the bye. I guess I'll listen to Pete here on 710 later this morning and see if he mentions anything about that. It will be great if we can start getting these players back on the field and not lose anyone else significant.

On Monday morning, Pete told Brock & Salk that Cross has a "really good chance" to play against the Giants. He seemed pretty optimistic about pretty much every injured player that Salk rattled off during that segment, so hopefully it all works out that way or even close to it. I can't recall who the player was he was the least optimistic about -- maybe Bryant. You don't really hope for the early season bye, but it turns out we might need it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charbonnet with the Angry Run of the week.

He destroyed some Minnesota guy too in preseason lol. Glad to see him getting more reps. I was predicting Seattle would snag a runningback early due to the injury issues with Walker last year, and was happy we took Zach. He was a tough/physical runner in UCLA and a good receiving back. Hopefully we start getting him 10 carries a game more routinely. Not quite the homerun hitter that Walker can be, but he can wear out defenses in a different way than Walker can.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why am I not surprised that that is your take away from that video clip?
Sometimes I think you would prefer to see a player fail than have a player you didn't want succeed.

It's 3 games. Maybe don't dance on his grave yet?
maybe his wrist is not 100%? he looks completely demoralized in that clip.

working out tavon austin? just seems odd to me.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh I don't think anything is wrong with him. I know Geno missed him on a TD at some point, he's got the 3rd most targets on the team with a pretty stacked offensive roster (would be nice if almost our entire OL wasn't injured but even though it is we're still rolling lol).

I think on the INT JSN may have run the wrong route that resulted in a pick. This could've been right after that. Smith also missed JSN for a TD so it could be there. Either way, Geno is just coaching up the guy. Get over whatever happened, past is the past, let's think positive going forward and correct the mistakes either you or I made. Lockett's been there too, he gets it.

Again, 3rd most targets on the team. JSN will go off at some point, I'm not worried. And I LOVE Lockett but am fully expecting him to get injured at some point this season (just based on history) and when that happens JSN will immediately be the guy. I think I graded JSN an A+ and I'm still standing by that. When you have a roster with Metcalf/Lockett/Walker/Charbonnet/Fant/Dissly.... you're only going to get so many looks.

JSN also is 2nd (behind Walker who got it almost all on a couple throws) in YAC and almost his entire yardage has come from YAC. That's a good plus. The downfield stuff will come eventually. If he only had like 3 targets I'd be concerned.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe his wrist is not 100%? he looks completely demoralized in that clip.

working out tavon austin? just seems odd to me.

As Shark said, I'm guessing that he ran the wrong route which led to a pick by Geno.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh I don't think anything is wrong with him. I know Geno missed him on a TD at some point, he's got the 3rd most targets on the team with a pretty stacked offensive roster (would be nice if almost our entire OL wasn't injured but even though it is we're still rolling lol).

I think on the INT JSN may have run the wrong route that resulted in a pick. This could've been right after that. Smith also missed JSN for a TD so it could be there. Either way, Geno is just coaching up the guy. Get over whatever happened, past is the past, let's think positive going forward and correct the mistakes either you or I made. Lockett's been there too, he gets it.

Again, 3rd most targets on the team. JSN will go off at some point, I'm not worried. And I LOVE Lockett but am fully expecting him to get injured at some point this season (just based on history) and when that happens JSN will immediately be the guy. I think I graded JSN an A+ and I'm still standing by that. When you have a roster with Metcalf/Lockett/Walker/Charbonnet/Fant/Dissly.... you're only going to get so many looks.

JSN also is 2nd (behind Walker who got it almost all on a couple throws) in YAC and almost his entire yardage has come from YAC. That's a good plus. The downfield stuff will come eventually. If he only had like 3 targets I'd be concerned.

I really am not worried about JSN at this point. It would have been shocking if JSN got onto this roster and made an immediate impact. Simply too many mouths to feed for JSN to be a primary target.

So far, they are using him as the YAC guy which is a good starting place for him. Hopefully they can figure out how to leverage him on 3rd downs which is where SHOULD shine.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am not worried about JSN at this point. It would have been shocking if JSN got onto this roster and made an immediate impact. Simply too many mouths to feed for JSN to be a primary target.

So far, they are using him as the YAC guy which is a good starting place for him. Hopefully they can figure out how to leverage him on 3rd downs which is where SHOULD shine.
That's how we started out using Eskridge too I believe... Difference is, he'd run one play and then was sent to the IR...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how we started out using Eskridge too I believe... Difference is, he'd run one play and then was sent to the IR...

LOL. Yeah. We seem always have a guy on the team who can never stay healthy.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Worried one bit about JSN's production and if you are then you are not paying attention to who is on this team and the formations we run. Hawks run more 2 and 3 TE sets than anyone, then you got Lockett and DK where is JSN supposed to be? Well then don't draft him right? WRONG! He was BPA and the Hawks i believe wont be giving Lockett another contract in 2026 unless he doesn't fall off at all. Before then JSN should be 100% full go and ready to take that next BIG step like Lockett did in his 4th season.

When the Hawks made this pick i didn't see any of the talking heads saying well thats a bad choice. Why? Because they all know Lockett isn't a kid any more and the Hawks had a HUGE hole in that 3rd WR spot. Lets not forget that WR was listed as a NEED also on this team, Edge, Interior OL, WR, DT/CB thats the order they had them listed.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Worried one bit about JSN's production and if you are then you are not paying attention to who is on this team and the formations we run. Hawks run more 2 and 3 TE sets than anyone, then you got Lockett and DK where is JSN supposed to be? Well then don't draft him right? WRONG! He was BPA and the Hawks i believe wont be giving Lockett another contract in 2026 unless he doesn't fall off at all. Before then JSN should be 100% full go and ready to take that next BIG step like Lockett did in his 4th season.

When the Hawks made this pick i didn't see any of the talking heads saying well thats a bad choice. Why? Because they all know Lockett isn't a kid any more and the Hawks had a HUGE hole in that 3rd WR spot. Lets not forget that WR was listed as a NEED also on this team, Edge, Interior OL, WR, DT/CB thats the order they had them listed.

I think we are also running a lot more loaded TE sets because our tackles are out. When Cross and Abe are back, I imagine we will be running more 3 WR sets.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

michael bumpus was talking about that clip today, he said njigba "had hit the rookie wall". thats not me, thats coming from a former NFL WR. its only week 4 for fucks sake.
Not Worried one bit about JSN's production and if you are then you are not paying attention to who is on this team and the formations we run. Hawks run more 2 and 3 TE sets than anyone, then you got Lockett and DK where is JSN supposed to be? Well then don't draft him right? WRONG! He was BPA and the
maybe he was, maybe he wasnt. kiper didnt seem to think so, thats at least 1 person.

Hawks i believe wont be giving Lockett another contract in 2026 unless he doesn't fall off at all. Before then JSN should be 100% full go and ready to take that next BIG step like Lockett did in his 4th season.
2026? are we going to be waiting that long for him to produce? I dont want this to be rashad penny 2.0.

WR more of a need than DT? thats highly suspect. we needed depth at WR since ekridge busted so hard, but we could have taken one later. it was a VERY deep WR draft.
I think we are also running a lot more loaded TE sets because our tackles are out. When Cross and Abe are back, I imagine we will be running more 3 WR sets.
I think the offense is just better when they have TEs out there, we have a good group and they present problems for defenses.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
michael bumpus was talking about that clip today, he said njigba "had hit the rookie wall". thats not me, thats coming from a former NFL WR. its only week 4 for fucks sake.

You seriously are passing judgment on a rookie after 3 games, aren't you?

WR more of a need than DT? thats highly suspect. we needed depth at WR since ekridge busted so hard, but we could have taken one later. it was a VERY deep WR draft.

We drafted a DT. PFF graded him as a 70 overall grade on Sunday.

I think the offense is just better when they have TEs out there, we have a good group and they present problems for defenses.

Not on 3rd down.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the starting tackles out the Seahawks are running two tight end sets to help with the blocking and they been big on running plays helping to to spring holes for the RBs. Watching film I was imppressed with the concept where they are lined up in the backfield like fullbacks, was very effective last game. Big reason why JSN isn’t getting used much so far.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to him as well - that is not even remotely close to anything he was coming to a conclusion about... You took that way out of context... Seems like you are just reaching for things to double down your claim that he's overrated...

You have totally lost the "I get to root for JSN when he plays well" card... You don't get that privilege anymore... ;)