• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Takeaways after Week #3 is nearly complete...

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw where burrow threw 49 times last night,thought getting the run going would give him less of a chance of hurting his calf worse than what it is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone pretty much highlighted the main points around the league. Let me highlight the main success for the Browns.

They went from
View attachment 341412

To

View attachment 341415
Oh hell yeah......but going from Clowney, Elliot and Togiai starting on the line to Tomlinson, Harris and Z. Smith (as well as backups Okoronkwo and Hurts) is huge. As his having Walker, JOK and Takitaki healthy.

Don't get me wrong, if Woods was here and had them at the very least we'd have allowed Cinci and TN to stay close if not come back.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw where burrow threw 49 times last night,thought getting the run going would give him less of a chance of hurting his calf worse than what it is.
Bengals decision making on the OL has been poor. They’ve struggled to both protect Burrow and run the football because of it.

Signed,
The Guy who drafted Joe Mixon two of the last three fantasy seasons convinced that it’s gotta get better and yet it doesn’t.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are winning despite not being close to clicking on all cylinders offensively.

Hurts and the passing offense is off to a poor start, which will doom them against better opponents. But the Eagles can really run it. And their defensive line is pretty much a mismatch for any team in the league. Their next three opponents are the Commanders, Rams and Jets, teams with pretty good defenses but lackluster to downright poor offenses. Philly has a pretty strong opportunity to continue building out a winning start to this season in the coming weeks.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are winning despite not being close to clicking on all cylinders offensively.

Hurts and the passing offense is off to a poor start, which will doom them against better opponents. But the Eagles can really run it. And their defensive line is pretty much a mismatch for any team in the league. Their next three opponents are the Commanders, Rams and Jets, teams with pretty good defenses but lackluster to downright poor offenses. Philly has a pretty strong opportunity to continue building out a winning start to this season in the coming weeks.
The Eagles have really benefited from the presentation of the schedule this year. It’s appreciably tougher than last year but all of the tough games are packed into weeks 7-15. In that stretch, that don’t have any “layups”. They have these first 6 games where they can bring a B or C effort and get wins. They absolutely need to take advantage of this window though to create continuity between this OC’s vision and Hurts. Hurts is holding on to the ball longer than he did last year. That suggests that he’s not seeing what he should be seeing. This is where you’re glad that Hurts is the gym rat and dedicated worker that he is. I have faith that he and Brian Johnson are gonna figure it out together. It is frustrating watching them get there. Eagles are 3-0 and one of only 3 undefeateds left in the league and I’ve been disappointed after all 3 games reflecting on mistakes made and the fact that they can’t get the pass game nor the pass rush on the defensive side unlocked to its potential yet. I am not a patient man, haha.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any of the takes are bad as could make a case for all of them. Not sure I could refute any of them. Denver is looking pretty bad, too, and maybe can get the top pick (though not sure it doesn't go to Seattle for Wilson).

Denver has their first round pick in 2024. The problem is, even if it is a top 3 draft pick, they really can't get a QB, unless they want to swallow Russell's HUGE contract. From what I've heard, they are pretty much screwed for the next 3 seasons, unless they can get someone to take him off their hands (obviously they would have to take on a large chunk of his salary if traded to a new team). It seems like any way you slice it, they are in salary cap hell with Russell for a while. I heard that they may bench him in the next few weeks. We'll see if that wakes him up or not.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit looks like best of nfcn, but early.

GB is looking about what I expected. Good defense, good o line. Love looks decent.

Minnesota suddenly can't win close games

I thought bears would be better than this. Not as good as optimistic bear fans but hard to see 5-7 wins I thought they'd get.
I think the Bears are now officially done with Fields. With their first pick and Carolina's first pick in 2024, they are highly likely to have a top 3 pick, and may have two top 3 picks in the next draft. I could see them just phoning it in the rest of the season and drafting Caleb Williams.

If both picks are top 3, I could see them taking Caleb Williams with the top pick, and trading back again, getting another extra first round pick in the 2025 draft.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have really benefited from the presentation of the schedule this year. It’s appreciably tougher than last year but all of the tough games are packed into weeks 7-15. In that stretch, that don’t have any “layups”. They have these first 6 games where they can bring a B or C effort and get wins. They absolutely need to take advantage of this window though to create continuity between this OC’s vision and Hurts. Hurts is holding on to the ball longer than he did last year. That suggests that he’s not seeing what he should be seeing. This is where you’re glad that Hurts is the gym rat and dedicated worker that he is. I have faith that he and Brian Johnson are gonna figure it out together. It is frustrating watching them get there. Eagles are 3-0 and one of only 3 undefeateds left in the league and I’ve been disappointed after all 3 games reflecting on mistakes made and the fact that they can’t get the pass game nor the pass rush on the defensive side unlocked to its potential yet. I am not a patient man, haha.

It is a surprising 3-0 with the way they have played so far. A wins a win though. They are hard to come by in the NFL if you don't play well. They have managed to win them all playing 75% of their potential.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a surprising 3-0 with the way they have played so far. A wins a win though. They are hard to come by in the NFL if you don't play well. They have managed to win them all playing 75% of their potential.
The secret sauce in Philly is their line play. In most contests, they show up and have a line of scrimmage advantage. The Eagles lead the league in net rushing differential (rush yards vs rush yards given up). If you can win in the trenches, you can hide a lot of warts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bears are now officially done with Fields. With their first pick and Carolina's first pick in 2024, they are highly likely to have a top 3 pick, and may have two top 3 picks in the next draft. I could see them just phoning it in the rest of the season and drafting Caleb Williams.

If both picks are top 3, I could see them taking Caleb Williams with the top pick, and trading back again, getting another extra first round pick in the 2025 draft.
If Chicago can get Caleb and Harrison Jr there is no way they would trade back. I would hope they would fire the FO and coaching staff before making these picks or it’s a never-ending shitshow

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chicago can get Caleb and Harrison Jr there is no way they would trade back. I would hope they would fire the FO and coaching staff before making these picks or it’s a never-ending shitshow

I think I would, depending on the trade. Caleb is a sure thing that you don't trade way the chance to draft. Harrison Jr...if the Bears moved back a few slots, but gained another 1st round pick and maybe a 3rd or 4th, I think they would be foolish not to do that (they got a 1st round and 2nd round pick from Carolina last year). They have too many holes to fill, and the draft can fill a lot of holes quickly.

Harrison Jr is a top 5 pick...no doubt, but if I were the Bears GM, I'd stick with compiling more draft picks if I could. I wouldn't do it if I had to move more than 5-7 slots back in the draft though.

How awesome would it be for the Bears to have Caleb and Harrison as rookies! Lot's of potential there.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, looking like Chicago could end up with 2 top 3 picks. I tend to agree with your take as Williams is the obvious choice and Harrison is a great prospect in his own right--one of the best WRs to come out in a long time--, but that Chicago Oline is bad. I think that will be the balance that the Bears front office has to make. Do they take the generational WR or do they improve the Oline with a blue-chip Tackle (as the free agent Oline class doesn't look all that good)?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is kind of whatever after week 3 IMO (not this season but just in general), but...

DENVER.

How the fuck, do you let that happen? 70 fuckin points? The ENTIRE team gave up at that point. Then you have Sean Payton throwing everyone (literally Hackett last year, Wilson at some point, the D) under the bus, what the actual F. Dude the locker room has seriously gotta be like, "Dude fuck this guy!" with regards to Payton.

I would not be shocked if there's a fire sale before week 6 from the Broncos (Surtain/Jeudy traded) and the Waltons just start dumping people.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My takeaways from the season so far.

The NFC should just call it a season. Sometime in January the Eagles and SF can play the game to see who gets to go to the SB. 3 games in and everything between now and that meeting in Jan just seems frivolous at this point.

The AFC looks a lot more wide open. All the legit teams dont look like themselves quite yet except for the Phins. But they are probably peaking a little early.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is kind of whatever after week 3 IMO (not this season but just in general), but...

DENVER.

How the fuck, do you let that happen? 70 fuckin points? The ENTIRE team gave up at that point. Then you have Sean Payton throwing everyone (literally Hackett last year, Wilson at some point, the D) under the bus, what the actual F. Dude the locker room has seriously gotta be like, "Dude fuck this guy!" with regards to Payton.

I would not be shocked if there's a fire sale before week 6 from the Broncos (Surtain/Jeudy traded) and the Waltons just start dumping people.
I don't think I can put much, if any blame on Payton. This is a team that hasn't had a winning season since 2016. The last time they had a winning season, Obama was still president.

They have a losing culture in Denver, and sometimes you have to let it burn down before you can build it. It seems that Payton is willing to throw gas on it to make it burn more quickly. He didn't have a first round pick last year and lost a few other picks, and the QB they got for those picks is pretty much tuned out...and his contract hasn't even come close to fully kicking in.

I don't think Payton cares about the locking room any longer. This team is filled with losers, and has been for a long time now, and he has to change that culture. I think you are right...they will have a fire sale and Payton will start accumulating draft picks. If they can some how get rid of Russell (even if they have to eat a large portion of the cap hit), they could speed the process up significantly. There is no doubt in my mind that they will have a new QB in the 2024 draft. He'll likely be a top 3 pick too.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My takeaways from the season so far.

The NFC should just call it a season. Sometime in January the Eagles and SF can play the game to see who gets to go to the SB. 3 games in and everything between now and that meeting in Jan just seems frivolous at this point.

The AFC looks a lot more wide open. All the legit teams dont look like themselves quite yet except for the Phins. But they are probably peaking a little early.

The thing with the NFL is that things change QUICKLY. One injury and the 2-3 teams you thought were virtual locks for the SB, don't even sniff it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with the NFL is that things change QUICKLY. One injury and the 2-3 teams you thought were virtual locks for the SB, don't even sniff it.
Yeah, generally you dont want to be the team that peaks early. It takes awhile to get things together. I mentioned the Bengals and I think they're a team that could certainly win a Super Bowl if things come together again. Lord knows if the Chiefs have to rely on Blaine Gabbert we might go 5-12.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I can put much, if any blame on Payton. This is a team that hasn't had a winning season since 2016. The last time they had a winning season, Obama was still president.

They have a losing culture in Denver, and sometimes you have to let it burn down before you can build it. It seems that Payton is willing to throw gas on it to make it burn more quickly. He didn't have a first round pick last year and lost a few other picks, and the QB they got for those picks is pretty much tuned out...and his contract hasn't even come close to fully kicking in.

I don't think Payton cares about the locking room any longer. This team is filled with losers, and has been for a long time now, and he has to change that culture. I think you are right...they will have a fire sale and Payton will start accumulating draft picks. If they can some how get rid of Russell (even if they have to eat a large portion of the cap hit), they could speed the process up significantly. There is no doubt in my mind that they will have a new QB in the 2024 draft. He'll likely be a top 3 pick too.
No blame on Payton? Hard to leave him out after his comments about Hackett.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No blame on Payton? Hard to leave him out after his comments about Hackett.

After 70-20, there has to be SOME blame. Plus, using your most dynamic weapon more than 15 snaps a game might be prudent.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago may not win more than 2 games this season. Honestly, I don't see them winning any.

So, if they have the first pick it it Williams. It would be nice if they can get the WR, but as mentioned the oline is pretty bad.

Either way... with two or three seasons of solid draft and FAs... they may have a respectful team by 2026. But this is Bears we are talking about so I have my doubts.