• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 18: Seahawks @ Cardinals Thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I would have been more than happy to have not had to complain about the QB, the OL, the defense as a whole, the coaching, etc. But, you climbed into a conversation about rooting against your own team for 1 game and then claim I'm missing the point that you would rather talk about the entire season.

People cheering for a better draft position do so ignoring that whether we were 14 or 16, we don't have a second round pick so we're gonna trade the pick for more capital anyway.

We do have 2 3rd round picks.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do have 2 3rd round picks.

Still doesn't change that Pete and John like to move for more picks. Hell, they've even traded back when their first pick was late 2nd round. Maybe they stand pat, but there just isn't enough difference being 13 14 or 16 or whatever to really think that the position will make that much difference in the talent available right there.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB with our coaching staff isn't gonna do a thing. Nothing will fix this team until we have coaching/FO turnover.

Why? They made T-Jack serviceable also made Wilson and Geno into a pro bowlers. Wilson, Tjack AND Geno with out Pete didnt look as good. I think Pete is a good coach for a young QB. Now is he the right coach here? He is to loyal and to afraid to make changes and that hurts this team. Our DC should have been fired. The best thing that could happen is Pete gets mentally old and turns into the GET OFF MY LAWN oldman lmao

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I would have been more than happy to have not had to complain about the QB, the OL, the defense as a whole, the coaching, etc. But, you climbed into a conversation about rooting against your own team for 1 game and then claim I'm missing the point that you would rather talk about the entire season.

People cheering for a better draft position do so ignoring that whether we were 14 or 16, we don't have a second round pick so we're gonna trade the pick for more capital anyway.
You can't tell others how to fan. Snuggles has to stay obsessed with whatever pick they passed up on, Shark needs his meds. We have the Geno is really the only problem guy, etc. Heck, Harold normally doesn't post at all unless the team does something good. Everyone has their own ways.

What harm is there in having a hope for change that relies on a theory you don't agree with?

We would all have preferred to not be here, but here we are.

Hell, how many struggling teams every year start saying "Tank for x", whoever the super stud projected 1st overall pick is supposed to be?

I thought this season was effectively over at the end of their bad losing streak and it nearly wasn't. Was happy they were winning again even if that didn't help the "We need major change" narrative.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still doesn't change that Pete and John like to move for more picks. Hell, they've even traded back when their first pick was late 2nd round. Maybe they stand pat, but there just isn't enough difference being 13 14 or 16 or whatever to really think that the position will make that much difference in the talent available right there.
So you believe it will be 100% business as usual this off season. They will just trade down for more picks and do what they always do. I mean they nearly made the playoffs as is so it wasn't that far off right? Not saying YOU say that, but that is going to be THEIR thinking and likely something they can sell to their bosses.

What so many wanted was if you aren't going to make the playoffs anyway, make it so bad we end up getting REAL change.

I don't know if Carroll has to be fired for that change to work, nor if RS has lost something in his circle and they just don't have the draft and trade chops they did a decade ago. Maybe its culture or coaches.

Whatever it is, something more needs to be done than just stand pat, trade down some picks, and hope for something out of the draft to make things right enough to be not only a playoff team, but a threat in those playoffs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? They made T-Jack serviceable also made Wilson and Geno into a pro bowlers. Wilson, Tjack AND Geno with out Pete didnt look as good. I think Pete is a good coach for a young QB. Now is he the right coach here? He is to loyal and to afraid to make changes and that hurts this team. Our DC should have been fired. The best thing that could happen is Pete gets mentally old and turns into the GET OFF MY LAWN oldman lmao

Fine, then tell him to relinquish complete control of the defense and go find an actual good coordinator (instead of promoting within) that he 100% can't handle at this point and gets entirely abused by every team we play. He'll NEVER do that btw, so get rid of him.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't tell others how to fan.

That's an interesting claim. Where did I tell anyone how to be a fan? You have to read between the lines of anything I wrote to come to the claim that I was saying someone couldn't root against their own team. Hell, you had to have a reason to turn a generic comment about rooting against your own team and make it about you.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, then tell him to relinquish complete control of the defense and go find an actual good coordinator (instead of promoting within) that he 100% can't handle at this point and gets entirely abused by every team we play. He'll NEVER do that btw, so get rid of him.

Oh I agree with you. Pete needs to do better with his coaching hires 100%. The Hawks should have made a play on bringing Quinn back with out a doubt because the offenses have changed a lot in the NFL and he has not adapted well to it. Quinn on the other hand.... damn it burns me they didn't make an irresistible offer to him. I think he turns this bottom 5 defense into at the very least top 15. JS is also to blame here.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Gus, Gus used to make me pull my hair out .. Dan Quinn took the LOB to another level, foundation was laid draft wise when Gus was there, but we got LUCKY he got a head coaching job because Pete would have kept Gus and he would have held our D back from greatness … Everything came together beautifully under Dan Quinn… Gus went on to have a miserable head coaching stint..
I agree on Gus coaching but he was the architect of that defense. Quinn was the carpenter who put it all together. The point was more that Pete gets all the credit but in reality it wasn't him. Your point about if Gus hadn't got a HC job is very true.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I completely agree that it doesn't really matter whether we pick 14 or 16. Sure, being 14 is better but it isn't that much better.

I would be surprised if they traded the pick and the only way I could see them do that is there is a QB still on the board that a team really wanted and was willing to overspend to get him.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give me an offensive HC and a DC like dan quinn, feels less likely that you will lose the DC than the OC if you are successful.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting claim. Where did I tell anyone how to be a fan? You have to read between the lines of anything I wrote to come to the claim that I was saying someone couldn't root against their own team. Hell, you had to have a reason to turn a generic comment about rooting against your own team and make it about you.
Jesus. Really not used to you taking things so personally and assuming the worst possible connotations on every post. You OK?

It was meant as more of a general statement than some sort of accusation. We have quite a few fans that we don't agree with up here. You are free to add those that root for losses by their own team if you like.

I wasn't "making it about me". I don't hold the opinion about why nearly as strongly as the ones you were initially replying to. I was only adding my thoughts on where they were coming from.

I'll not do that again if it's going to stir you up this much. Not trying for a fight here. You are a poster I've always respected and thought we had decent relations over the years. If I had that wrong I apologize and I'll be more cautious in the future.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see it mentioned here. What do you guys think about Love handing out the cigars he was holding from the birth of his kid a few weeks ago?

Lots of chatter and pissed off fans, as well as older teammates. Didn't look good smoking cigars as a group right after being eliminated from the season.

I think it was poor optics and bad timing, but it's not as bad as some are portraying.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see it mentioned here. What do you guys think about Love handing out the cigars he was holding from the birth of his kid a few weeks ago? Lots of chatter and pissed off fans, as well as older teammates. Didn't look good smoking cigars as a group right after being eliminated from the season. I think it was poor optics and bad timing, but it's not as bad as some are portraying.

I think it is a big bag of nothing. Fans too often expect players to have the same emotional response as the fans do. Fans tend to want the players to rend their garments and act like it is the end of the world.

I doubt the players were smoking cigars because they beat a 4-12 team on a missed field goal.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see it mentioned here. What do you guys think about Love handing out the cigars he was holding from the birth of his kid a few weeks ago?

Lots of chatter and pissed off fans, as well as older teammates. Didn't look good smoking cigars as a group right after being eliminated from the season.

I think it was poor optics and bad timing, but it's not as bad as some are portraying.
Yeah, the timing of it isn't the best. But it might be the last time that group is together, so maybe that was part of it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the timing of it isn't the best. But it might be the last time that group is together, so maybe that was part of it.
They said as much.

He had them on hand after having his kid recently and it may be the last time they are all together.

I wasn't worked up over it, but lots of angry hate on X and several older players took exception to it quite publicly.

Reactions: JMR

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. Really not used to you taking things so personally and assuming the worst possible connotations on every post. You OK?

It was meant as more of a general statement than some sort of accusation. We have quite a few fans that we don't agree with up here. You are free to add those that root for losses by their own team if you like.

I wasn't "making it about me". I don't hold the opinion about why nearly as strongly as the ones you were initially replying to. I was only adding my thoughts on where they were coming from.

I'll not do that again if it's going to stir you up this much. Not trying for a fight here. You are a poster I've always respected and thought we had decent relations over the years. If I had that wrong I apologize and I'll be more cautious in the future.

Riled up, not as much as you appear to believe. But, you quoted my post and started the statement with "you can't tell others how to fan". It's a fair expectation in the English language that in this scenario of the written word, that "you" in that sentence was specifically me. Fans on the board have been rooting against this team winning for weeks, and yet I post on page 10 and 15 of a game thread 2 posts about people cheering for the other team to win and you accuse me of telling people how to be fans. The statement, as written, is an accusation whether intended or not.