• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One week till the draft....make your predictions

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that many teams do mess up their evaluations...every year. So a lottery ticket can look more enticing if you don't have the #1 or #2 picks. GM and coaches don't lose their jobs when they whiff on a guy who is drafted later, like they do when they whiff on a top 10 QB pick.

#2 Trubisky (2017)
#1 Russell (2007)
#3 Joey Harrington (2002)
#1 Vince Young (2006)
#6 Daniel Jones (2019)
#3 Blake Bortles (2014)
#2 Zach Wilson (2021)
#2 Carson Wentz (2016)
#8 Jake Locker (2011)
#10 Blaine Gabbert (2011)
#2 RG3 (2012)
#3 Sam Darnold (2018)
#10 Josh Rosen (2018)

I think teams are more willing to risk an unpolished QB later in the draft because of the guys I listed above. They are unpolished, and have clear flaws, but they are much cheaper to toss away if they don't pan out, and GM's are not judged as harshly if they don't pan out. They are straight gold if they hit because of their tiny contract for the first 4-5 years.
Imo, these days a rd2 QB doesn't really have to 'hit' since seasons are getting so long and the contracts are so cheap. If you get a decent QB in rd2 that isnt a liability then there is value in that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With one week till the draft, make your predictions. Here are mine:

* 5 QB's drafted in the first round just missing tying the record from 1983's draft.
* I think we will see some record breaking first round trades. A few teams will bet several future draft picks to move up. This may be the most exciting first round in NFL history.
* This will be the longest first round in draft history (because of all the trades)

Anyone else want to make any predictions?
Everyone trades down - GM's get Thursday off and save millions on cap!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that many teams do mess up their evaluations...every year. So a lottery ticket can look more enticing if you don't have the #1 or #2 picks. GM and coaches don't lose their jobs when they whiff on a guy who is drafted later, like they do when they whiff on a top 10 QB pick.

#2 Trubisky (2017)
#1 Russell (2007)
#3 Joey Harrington (2002)
#1 Vince Young (2006)
#6 Daniel Jones (2019)
#3 Blake Bortles (2014)
#2 Zach Wilson (2021)
#2 Carson Wentz (2016)
#8 Jake Locker (2011)
#10 Blaine Gabbert (2011)
#2 RG3 (2012)
#3 Sam Darnold (2018)
#10 Josh Rosen (2018)

I think teams are more willing to risk an unpolished QB later in the draft because of the guys I listed above. They are unpolished, and have clear flaws, but they are much cheaper to toss away if they don't pan out, and GM's are not judged as harshly if they don't pan out. They are straight gold if they hit because of their tiny contract for the first 4-5 years.

In a lot of cases, those blown picks in the 1st are the result of trying to find one in poor QB class (and not having the patience necessary).

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, any draft day rumors that seem legit right now?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, any draft day rumors that seem legit right now?
Walterfootball has the following:

-If Odunze is off the board and the Jets are unable to trade down, Bowers is likely to be their pick

-Some team sources think Alabama edge rusher Dallas Turner could slide some in the first round of the 2024 NFL Draft. Some franchises had some medical issues come back on Turner

-Texas’ Adonai Mitchell, struggles with managing his Type-1 diabetes is an issue for many teams

-Seattle is a mysterious team, and it sounds like the offensive line is definitely a likely spot for the organization’s first-round pick, but DeJean and Q Mitchell are candidates as well.

-It sounds like the Giants do not value J.J. McCarthy that highly. Michael Penix Jr. would be a potential pick if he got to the Giants’ second-round pick, but Penix is not expected to make it close to pick No. 47 on Friday night. Sources said the Giants are very unlikely to take other possible second-day quarterbacks like Bo Nix or Spencer Rattler

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walterfootball has the following:

-If Odunze is off the board and the Jets are unable to trade down, Bowers is likely to be their pick

-Some team sources think Alabama edge rusher Dallas Turner could slide some in the first round of the 2024 NFL Draft. Some franchises had some medical issues come back on Turner

-Texas’ Adonai Mitchell, struggles with managing his Type-1 diabetes is an issue for many teams

-Seattle is a mysterious team, and it sounds like the offensive line is definitely a likely spot for the organization’s first-round pick, but DeJean and Q Mitchell are candidates as well.

-It sounds like the Giants do not value J.J. McCarthy that highly. Michael Penix Jr. would be a potential pick if he got to the Giants’ second-round pick, but Penix is not expected to make it close to pick No. 47 on Friday night. Sources said the Giants are very unlikely to take other possible second-day quarterbacks like Bo Nix or Spencer Rattler

I'll be beyond shocked if Seattle takes DeJean or Mitchell.. I know Mac likes secondary, but we have bigger needs and we just spent a top 5 on one last year... Woolen is still one of the best cover DBs in the league, he just can't tackle lol.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be beyond shocked if Seattle takes DeJean or Mitchell.. I know Mac likes secondary, but we have bigger needs and we just spent a top 5 on one last year... Woolen is still one of the best cover DBs in the league, he just can't tackle lol.
I can see that. GM really wants to take secondary but then you look at the roster and go 'maybe I shouldn't'

I'm pretty sure the Chiefs are the same way with Dline talent. They need to keep Spags away or we'll draft another Edge