• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft: The Offensive Tackle Class

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many opinions.
No wonder so many are confused.

It's weird to me that Worthy has gotten such a huge bump in some evaluations. Fast guy runs really fast in a straight line shouldn't really have surprised anyone or really elevated his stock above what it was IMO. It's not like Al Davis is still working the draft...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird to me that Worthy has gotten such a huge bump in some evaluations. Fast guy runs really fast in a straight line shouldn't really have surprised anyone or really elevated his stock above what it was IMO. It's not like Al Davis is still working the draft...
it's a typical month before the draft. Kinda like filling out the NCAA bball bracket right after the tourney field is announced.

IF
COULD
MIGHT
woulda, coulda, shoulda

Beats the hell outta me.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way, sure it's weird. But Al Davis or not, there are always teams, year in and year out, who immediately upgrade by a round or two the fastest player in the draft regardless of playing merit. It's why I said weeks before the combine that the player who runs the fastest 40 will immediately see his stock rise. And it will happen with Worthy. Guaranteed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way, sure it's weird. But Al Davis or not, there are always teams, year in and year out, who immediately upgrade by a round or two the fastest player in the draft regardless of playing merit. It's why I said weeks before the combine that the player who runs the fastest 40 will immediately see his stock rise. And it will happen with Worthy. Guaranteed.

I think the guys that actually ran faster than expected should get the bump more than the guy who was expected to be the fastest, but ultimately it doesn't matter. Record 40s have not amounted to much for WRs, career wise.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the guys that actually ran faster than expected should get the bump more than the guy who was expected to be the fastest, but ultimately it doesn't matter. Record 40s have not amounted to much for WRs, career wise.
Definitely not taking the position that speed = talent. All I've been saying and saying it for years is there are always teams in this league who will assign a much higher priority to a player's 40 time than what should otherwise merit. It happens every year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, the WRs that got a bump were Odunze, Mitchell, McConkey, and Pearsall. Everyone already knew Worthy was stupid fast.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, the WRs that got a bump were Odunze, Mitchell, McConkey, and Pearsall. Everyone already knew Worthy was stupid fast.
But they didn't know he was 4.21/all time record fast. Hence he'll get that bump.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they didn't know he was 4.21/all time record fast. Hence he'll get that bump.
We also know he only weighs 165 Lbs. Thats less than Calvin Austin and DeVonta Smith

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also know he only weighs 165 Lbs. Thats less than Calvin Austin and DeVonta Smith
I'm not sure if we're agreeing or arguing here. I'm not claiming he didn't have some physical advantage due to his slight frame. All I said was he set a new 40 time record, which should impress at least several GMs because every year at least several GMs are enamored by a player with the fastest 40 time.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I said was he set a new 40 time record, which should impress at least several GMs because every year at least several GMs are enamored by a player with the fastest 40 time.
I'd like to think if the Chiefs draft him its because they think they can fix some of his technique issues and he was already on their board because of his speed.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to think if the Chiefs draft him its because they think they can fix some of his technique issues and he was already on their board because of his speed.
NOW it looks like we're much more in agreement. Shit dude, I think it would be a steal if your Chiefs could land this guy at #32. Granted, Worthy isn't amongst the top 5 or 6 names in this WR draft, but some folks think he's just speed and nothing else. The kid hauled in 75 passes for 1,014 yards in just 14 games. He can play. There might be issues with his style that need fixing. And let's face it, you can't teach size, so he has that to deal with all the time. But when you're talking about having the best QB in the game to help improve your play, to me it's a no brainer.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOW it looks like we're much more in agreement. Shit dude, I think it would be a steal if your Chiefs could land this guy at #32. Granted, Worthy isn't amongst the top 5 or 6 names in this WR draft, but some folks think he's just speed and nothing else. The kid hauled in 75 passes for 1,014 yards in just 14 games. He can play. There might be issues with his style that need fixing. And let's face it, you can't teach size, so he has that to deal with all the time. But when you're talking about having the best QB in the game to help improve your play, to me it's a no brainer.
I genuinely have no idea which direction that Chiefs are going. There are so many WRs and they all have a different niche and flaw. You're taking a different risk with basically ever WR after Brian Thomas.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I genuinely have no idea which direction that Chiefs are going. There are so many WRs and they all have a different niche and flaw. You're taking a different risk with basically ever WR after Brian Thomas.

They could go very different directions at WR. They could go for the little speed guy (Worthy), the big possession guy (Keon), the elite route runner (Ladd), or a variety of guys in between. Depends on what they see as the need. Worthy to me seems a bit of duplication with Hollywood, unless they're treating Hollywood as a one year fling. They could get speed with better size with the "other" Xavier, Xavier Legette.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my guess on the order here is:

1. Joe Alt, Notre Dame - 6'7, 322 pounds
2. Amarius Mims, Georgia - 6'7, 340 pounds
3. Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State - 6'6, 334 pounds
J.C Latham, Alabama - 6'6 360 pounds
"Olu" Fashanu, Penn State - 6'6, 317 pounds
Troy Fautanu, Washington - 6'4, 317 pounds

Alt is seen as a left tackle. Mims starting out at right tackle but will eventually move to left. Fuaga and Latham seen as elite right tackle prospects. Olu and Fautanu probably start at left guard for a season then maybe move to left tackle.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my guess on the order here is:

1. Joe Alt, Notre Dame - 6'7, 322 pounds
2. Amarius Mims, Georgia - 6'7, 340 pounds
3. Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State - 6'6, 334 pounds
J.C Latham, Alabama - 6'6 360 pounds
"Olu" Fashanu, Penn State - 6'6, 317 pounds
Troy Fautanu, Washington - 6'4, 317 pounds

Alt is seen as a left tackle. Mims starting out at right tackle but will eventually move to left. Fuaga and Latham seen as elite right tackle prospects. Olu and Fautanu probably start at left guard for a season then maybe move to left tackle.
There's been a ton of talk that Harbaugh will want an OT with the #5 pick, assuming he doesn't trade back. And with Alt the consensus top OT in the draft, many see him being taken by the Chargers. Now I'm not sure this is a problem (or if it is, perhaps a fun problem to have), but with Rashawn Slater fully entrenched at LT, the talk is the Chargers will simply move Alt over to the right side. I've heard/read talk here and there that Alt hopes to stay at LT with whichever team drafts him. That makes me wonder if Harbaugh continues to want an OT, he might opt instead to take Taliese Fuaga, the consensus top RT. It makes for a natural fit if he does. Of course all this speculation is for naught if the Chargers end up going WR or trading back.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been a ton of talk that Harbaugh will want an OT with the #5 pick, assuming he doesn't trade back. And with Alt the consensus top OT in the draft, many see him being taken by the Chargers. Now I'm not sure this is a problem (or if it is, perhaps a fun problem to have), but with Rashawn Slater fully entrenched at LT, the talk is the Chargers will simply move Alt over to the right side. I've heard/read talk here and there that Alt hopes to stay at LT with whichever team drafts him. That makes me wonder if Harbaugh continues to want an OT, he might opt instead to take Taliese Fuaga, the consensus top RT. It makes for a natural fit if he does. Of course all this speculation is for naught if the Chargers end up going WR or trading back.
That is interesting. The Chargers just simply taking Fuaga and keeping Slater at LT makes a ton of sense. Fuaga is pretty much an ideal RT prospect. I'd just find it really hard on passing up any of the top 3 WRs. In some ways this is Jamar Chase vs Penei Sewell all over again. There probably isnt a wrong answer.

Fuaga seems more 'Michigan' than Alt in terms of just being a mauler.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is interesting. The Chargers just simply taking Fuaga and keeping Slater at LT makes a ton of sense. Fuaga is pretty much an ideal RT prospect. I'd just find it really hard on passing up any of the top 3 WRs. In some ways this is Jamar Chase vs Penei Sewell all over again. There probably isnt a wrong answer.

Fuaga seems more 'Michigan' than Alt in terms of just being a mauler.
I agree about grabbing any of the top receivers and if the rumors play out correctly for them, the Chargers at 5 could very well be the first team in the draft to have their choice of every non-QB in the draft. Would they really pass on MHJ if he's there for the taking?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about grabbing any of the top receivers and if the rumors play out correctly for them, the Chargers at 5 could very well be the first team in the draft to have their choice of every non-QB in the draft. Would they really pass on MHJ if he's there for the taking?
I kinda doubt it. I think MHJ going 4 and Chargers trading down seems more likely.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda doubt it. I think MHJ going 4 and Chargers trading down seems more likely.
Agreed. My guessing there was assuming the first 4 picks all went QB. That would leave MHJ right there for the taking. But if the Cardinals stay home at 4, I agree, they'll almost undoubtedly take him, leaving the Chargers open to trading back (Minnesota?).