• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Panthers at Seahawks Week 3

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He destroyed some Minnesota guy too in preseason lol. Glad to see him getting more reps. I was predicting Seattle would snag a runningback early due to the injury issues with Walker last year, and was happy we took Zach. He was a tough/physical runner in UCLA and a good receiving back. Hopefully we start getting him 10 carries a game more routinely. Not quite the homerun hitter that Walker can be, but he can wear out defenses in a different way than Walker can.
Oh yeah, I was vocal in here about my thoughts that the team would draft a RB as early as round 2. I said multiple times in the draft discussion. Pete just likes to have at least 2 guys who can play on 1st & 2nd down at starter level.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to him as well - that is not even remotely close to anything he was coming to a conclusion about... You took that way out of context... Seems like you are just reaching for things to double down your claim that he's overrated...

You have totally lost the "I get to root for JSN when he plays well" card... You don't get that privilege anymore... ;)
About 20 minute mark https://bonneville-ondemand.cdnstre...1/39/55013941-638f-48d1-9349-68e2fd02fc38.xml

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seriously are passing judgment on a rookie after 3 games, aren't you?
i expect a 1st round rookie to make an impact, after three games he is pouting on the sidelines. im sorry, thats not a good sign.
We drafted a DT. PFF graded him as a 70 overall grade on Sunday.
in the later rounds
Not on 3rd down.
I dont know how many two TE sets they have run on 3rd down, but here are the 3rd down attempts 1695919940341.png
only 2 TE targets, one for a 1st down. meanwhile njigba is 1/8.

we are awful on 3rd down all around only converting 30%.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy that I haven't seen talked about at all is Anthony Bradford. Came in and played pretty darn well today. Just pushing people around on run players. Curious to see how PFF grades them out. IMO, this was one of the best performances by OL in recent memory against a good Panthers front 7. Given that 3 of the starters were out, that's impressive.
Solid point. I caught myself watching #75 on almost every play. He performed splendidly.
what gives? Are we suddenly able to draft effective OL men?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid point. I caught myself watching #75 on almost every play. He performed splendidly.
I think our OL coach is legit good

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i expect a 1st round rookie to make an impact, after three games he is pouting on the sidelines. im sorry, thats not a good sign.

Talk about making a meal out of a morsel.

You have idea what was going on there. Brock suggested he just got chewed out for not doing enough to stop the pick

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bradford looked great. I always like Forsythe (at least pass blocking). Bradford was sealing blocks off well though.

We were missing 4 starter OL at one point and they still held their own against a decent Panthers front 7. Hopefully Cross is good on Monday.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well lets be honest here also Smith has missed wide open players a half dozen times and one was a 40 yard TD had he thrown it he also has missed WIDE OPEN JSN on many of those plays. Smiths vision so far has been 1st or 2nd read then check down. When JSN is on the field he is not the 1st or 2nd read he is the 3rd or 4th. Smith is going through his progression how it's drawn up not by how the defense lines up. That's the difference between a Payton Manning type QB and a Geno Smith. Payton knew before the snap where he should read first, Smith just goes through progression like it's drawn up not by football intelligence. SO For smith it's no matter what DK/Lockett then dump off, For a QB like Manning it would be PRE SNAP Ok my #1 option is Bracketed and my #2 is doubled so I'll read my 3rd and 4th options.

Geno is a by the numbers QB, A QB that wont go off the script based off what he see's and like it or not you need a QB that can do a better job reading a defense. That trick play in the first game when Bobo was WIDE open and no one with in 15 yards of him and Geno never even looked his way really drives this point home.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the packers wearing lgbtqabcxyz+ hats?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't take his comment, "He hit the rookie wall" as he's done and we need to get another to replace him because he's not going to get better... He was talking about the reality that this it is the big leagues and it's time to realize that it's "go time"... But Bumpus also doesn't know what the actual conversation was so I'm going to take it with a grain of salt... Any how, I heard the same stream and that wasn't my take away at all...

Also to note, in that same segment, Bumpus states that it was smart for the Chargers to draft a 3rd WR due to Keenan Allen getting up there in age... Chargers drafted Quentin Johnston at #21 overall, the pick right after the JSN pick by the Hawks... I'm wondering why you didn't mention that... Bumpus is "an NFL WR" so you should probably go with these comments as well... Bumpus feels that it was smart to draft an eventual replacement for Keenan Allen/Mike Williams... Kind of the same situation the Seahawks were in when drafting JSN the pick prior...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't take his comment, "He hit the rookie wall" as he's done and we need to get another to replace him because he's not going to get better... He was talking about the reality that this it is the big leagues and it's time to realize that it's "go time"... But Bumpus also doesn't know what the actual conversation was so I'm going to take it with a grain of salt... Any how, I heard the same stream and that wasn't my take away at all...
never said we needed to replace him, but he may end up having a redshirt rookie year essentially which everyone seems to be ok with. but im not.

Also to note, in that same segment, Bumpus states that it was smart for the Chargers to draft a 3rd WR due to Keenan Allen getting up there in age... Chargers drafted Quentin Johnston at #21 overall, the pick right after the JSN pick by the Hawks... I'm wondering why you didn't mention that... Bumpus is "an NFL WR" so you should probably go with these comments as well... Bumpus feels that it was smart to draft an eventual replacement for Keenan Allen/Mike Williams... Kind of the same situation the Seahawks were in when drafting JSN the pick prior...
I never said we shouldnt have drafted a WR, I disagreed with taking one at 20 especially one that spent essentially an entire year on IR.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fine with the pick of JSN, I wasn't excited about any of our first rounders but i liked them both as they looked to be "Quality Starters" and Quality personalities. You are not normally going to find a HOFer in your draft in the first round and i feel thats where some people are getting bent. They are acting like some HOF player was available and I didn't see any. There are 2 picks that have produced the most HoF players #1 and #4 and we had neither and i dont think any of the 1st round picks in this draft will ever be HoF players but there should be some good players. Witherspoon and JSN will be 2 of those players. It will take JSN getting more playing time for him to show off his skill and with Lockett, Metcalf and the deep TE group thats going to be hard. Thats not a knock on him thats just the facts. If Lockett or DK were not here He would have better numbers AND if we had a QB that could actually SEE the open players he would have better numbers.

Also Geno was throwing to Lockett and missed VERY BAD on his only pick of the season. JSN wasn't on the field. So no it wasn't " JSN must have ran the wrong rout " Bullshit someone was trying to spit out there.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was last year, he was definitely throwing to njigba

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was last year, he was definitely throwing to njigba
oh sheet lmao i didn't even catch that. I did a search for Smith INT vs Panthers.

Still Geno was at fault here even if JSN was supposed to flatten it out more. That ball should have never been thrown or at LEAST the VERY LEAST look off the Defender.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed it was not a good throw by geno and it was pretty obvious before he even threw it.