• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 17: NY Jets @ Seahawks *MUST WIN*

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walkers elbow hit the ball in Geno's hand and it knocked it loose a little and Geno didn't want to throw it like that. Who saw that?

That should seal the win but you never know.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Woolen to get a Pick 6.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks get the ball, drive for a TD.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bow down season 1 GIF by Now Apocalypse

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best all around game for the Hawks this season... Solid win when we needed it...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor has been playing real good to end the season. I hope he can stay at this level. He had spirts of it to start the season but fell off ( he had a minor injury to his knee though or ankle )

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor has been playing real good to end the season. I hope he can stay at this level. He had spirts of it to start the season but fell off ( he had a minor injury to his knee though or ankle )

We need to Get Anderson or Murphy to Help break him.

Meaning we need to get them to take some heat off of Taylor

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's go Lions..... still rooting for Seattle to make the playoffs.

Any word on Brooks? Hopefully Walker gets 1,000 yards... would be cool to see. I wonder if Donald/Cupp will play next week.

Looks like after the Houston/Chicago loss we can hope for #3 overall at best, dunno if I see the Vikings giving up 2 in a row after getting humiliated by Rodgers. Maybe the #2, but we should have a shot at Anderson or Carter. I hope the rumor mill spreading about Carter not being motivated is not true.... but at least he'll be coming to a team that was close to making the playoffs (if not making).

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's go Lions..... still rooting for Seattle to make the playoffs.

Any word on Brooks? Hopefully Walker gets 1,000 yards... would be cool to see. I wonder if Donald/Cupp will play next week.

Looks like after the Houston/Chicago loss we can hope for #3 overall at best, dunno if I see the Vikings giving up 2 in a row after getting humiliated by Rodgers. Maybe the #2, but we should have a shot at Anderson or Carter. I hope the rumor mill spreading about Carter not being motivated is not true.... but at least he'll be coming to a team that was close to making the playoffs (if not making).
we need baltimore to win tonight so the chargers have a reason to win next week.

if the chargers lose, they will go to likely cincinatti. if they win, they will go to jacksonville

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the game so opinions on Sauce Gardner in todays game.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he blanketed metcalf most of the game, did he even have a catch?

He was on DK like 40% of the time not all game. I think they said 39%.

I didn't see the game so opinions on Sauce Gardner in todays game.
He is a great Corner but he doesn't have the tackling or ball skills that Woolen has. He was pretty much in everyone's back pocket that he covered. He could have had a real easy and I mean easy INT but couldn't pick it up, no doubts Woolen would have picked it. I think Woolen looks to be more athletic and isn't afraid to tackle because Sauce is weak sauce when tackling. Still you can see why New York is hyper bowling him because he is real polished for a rookie, Woolen isn't as polished but when he isn't as raw at CB in a year or two Sauce isn't even close to Woolen. Woolen is an all around football player with ball skills Sauce is a CB that doesn't like to tackle and his Ball skills are a little better than Jamal Adams ball skills but he is a physical corner like Ramsy.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember how Maxwell would always get his arm in there on pass breakups but would rarely actually hit the ball? Sauce does that a lot.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was on DK like 40% of the time not all game. I think they said 39%.

He is a great Corner but he doesn't have the tackling or ball skills that Woolen has. He was pretty much in everyone's back pocket that he covered. He could have had a real easy and I mean easy INT but couldn't pick it up, no doubts Woolen would have picked it. I think Woolen looks to be more athletic and isn't afraid to tackle because Sauce is weak sauce when tackling. Still you can see why New York is hyper bowling him because he is real polished for a rookie, Woolen isn't as polished but when he isn't as raw at CB in a year or two Sauce isn't even close to Woolen. Woolen is an all around football player with ball skills Sauce is a CB that doesn't like to tackle and his Ball skills are a little better than Jamal Adams ball skills but he is a physical corner like Ramsy.
Thank you for the observation! My guess is Sauce will win the RoTY but long term Woolen could have the better overall career. Having a CB that isn't afraid to tackle plus those ball hawking skills I'll take and glad he's on this team.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This actually was a must win game to keep playoff chances alive, and here are the main things that stood out to me:
  • I was asking myself "where has this been the last several weeks??" but answered my own question with the conclusion that it's a lot easier to play well against a weaker opponent, which is what the Jets are despite what their record may have been earlier in the season. They may have had a good start to the season, but they've ultimately regressed to the mean.
  • Did Geno exorcise a demon by beating his original team? I don't really think the Jets did him wrong or anything (let's face it, he was terrible there), but I suppose at the very least it felt good to come out on top against a former employer. Good for Geno.
  • Sticking with Geno for a minute, he played pretty well yesterday, but he scares me with those random/desperate throws he makes when on the verge of a sack. He's been getting away with it for the most part, but that bill will come due sooner or later. I couldn't believe one of them yesterday didn't get flagged for grounding, which would have nullified an offside that gave us a 1st down on 3rd & short.
  • It was confusing to me why were weren't more determined to get DK the ball when someone other than Gardner was on him. Ending the game with 1 catch on 4 targets (or thereabouts) is just unacceptable. I've been pretty disappointed with DK's season, but it's not all on him.
  • Clearly KW is over whatever issue was holding him back during that stretch of ineffectiveness. I still think he sometimes just needs to plow ahead and take the 3 yards instead of dancing in hope of a big chunk and then risk getting nothing, but I can't be anything but happy with his overall production in the game. His lateral quickness is uncommon.
  • Welcome back to the season, team defense! In particular, the pass rush was impressive. It does get easier when you make the other team one dimensional, but Mike White was under siege from all directions there in the 4th quarter. Run defense was hit and miss along with a few lapses on 3rd & long, but overall I have to be happy with that side of the ball after all the recent poor performances.
  • Guessing Jordyn Brooks' season is over, but hopefully it isn't anything that lingers into next year. Hate to see guys go down like that.
Playoff scenarios are simple from here: must have a GB loss and a win over the Rams. Go Lions!