• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks coaching options

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibility? Yes. Sure thing ? No. Don't even know if he'll still be on the board and remember the HC has ties with Michigan and McCarty. I like the idea of drafting Penix but we will just have to see what happens.

The mocks have the 2nd tier QBs going all over the map. I've seen each of them going top 10 and going in the 2nd round.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mocks have the 2nd tier QBs going all over the map. I've seen each of them going top 10 and going in the 2nd round.
Yeah the mocks are not very relevant at this point and mostly just for fun.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm curious to see who is gonna take a flyer on Fields. I still think he's been a bit underrated. The Bears offense has been horrible. They finally got some weapons with Kmet/Moore but still... I think he could do decent if given the right system. Everyone says he sucks but he ran for 1,000 yards 2 years ago and has put up ratings in the mid 80s with a pretty crappy team. His trade would come with a 5th year option as well..

I mean outside of the 3 QBs going 1/2/3, you got Nix, McCarthy, and Penix... I have also seen these guys all over the place but it seems like most mock drafts have Nix/McCarthy over Penix... Vikings will need a QB, Falcons will, Broncos seem like they're done with Wilson. I could actually see them taking a flyer on Nix... seems like a Payton guy.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a QB, but Penix wouldn't be my first choice.

At least Grubb knows all of the good and bad about him. If they did take him out means he at least believes there is more upside than potential issues.

Still, he didn't take many hits at UW because of the line he had. I'd just worry about his health vs NFL rushers.

Also, he did have some bad games when pressured. I don't think he's a slam sunk starter at this level.

Then again, not many are. Always taking risks drafting QBs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always taking risks drafting QBs.
Of course, same with any position. I was seeing on the Commander board where it was said that all the QBs this draft are too risky to use the second over all pick on and that trading down to fill holes would be a better idea.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut says they go OL in round 1, whether at 16 or further down. If im not mistaken grubb is an OL guy and this OL needs a talent infusion on the inside

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut says they go OL in round 1, whether at 16 or further down. If im not mistaken grubb is an OL guy and this OL needs a talent infusion on the inside
They do need to improve the interior of the OL but typically teams don't use their first round pick on a guard or center
Team has multiple area of needs for example inside linebackers, if they release either ( or both) Adam's and Diggs they need to replace them at safety. . DT is a area they could use a upgrade. Geno is old and declining so that's a position that needs a infusion of youth and talent.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do need to improve the interior of the OL but typically teams don't use their first round pick on a guard or center
Team has multiple area of needs for example inside linebackers, if they release either ( or both) Adam's and Diggs they need to replace them at safety. . DT is a area they could use a upgrade. Geno is old and declining so that's a position that needs a infusion of youth and talent.

Where we pick in the draft we could go in any number of directions including trading down.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Seattle dropping completely out of the first round given they don't have a 2nd and picking up a couple 2nd rounders or a 2nd and another early 3rd with maybe even something in 2025.

You obviously have some generational talent at QB, WR, and then Bowers, and then a lot of CBs and OTs that are okay but I wouldn't say any are elite or worth a mid first, both positions we don't need... but outside of that I don't see incredible value snagging someone at 16. I think around that pick it's better to trade down.

Seattle has big needs at IOL, possibly RT (really depends how Lucas is coming along but his type of injury and surgery can and does end careers - surgery has gotten better and improved odds, but it's still very serious), DL, and ILB. You could argue QB is a need but 4 are likely to go within top 10 and I don't think we're in a great position to move up. A lot of the positions we need are positions you generally draft on day 2... guards, maybe Center, RT, IDL run stuffers, ILBs, even safety....

QB is really the only position Seattle needs to stay in the 1st round for. They're set at corner, set at EDGE (if MacDonald can get Hall figured out - was basically a 1st rounder), kind of set at DE if they resign Williams, set at WR, set at LT.... those are all the premium positions you snag with 1st rounders....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks could go in a number of directions including trading down or trying to. The needs are many Lewis and Brown are FAs, Bradford may be better suited as backup and Lucas injury leaves a big question mark at RT. DL has needs with Williams being a FA and Reed aging and never has been outstanding but rather functional, middle linebackers Wagner, Brooks and Bush are all FAs which means the Seahawks have NADA at middle linebacker, the safeties are likely to be cap causalities unless they take a lot less money, TEs could be issue, can Witherspoon hold up physically? Will Woolen learn to tackle? Geno was better at 32 then at 33, what happens at age 34?
I doubt anyone see's the Seahawks as Super Bowl contenders this year and even 2025 would be a stretch. 2026 could end up being a big reset as a slew of key players become FA's. Mafe,Woolen, Metcalf, Walker, Cross, Lucas and of course Geno. Some of them will be resigned or extended but not all. 2025 draft does not look promising for QBs not sure about 2026. 2023 would of been the right time to draft the QB of the future. My hope is the front office has the realization that Geno isn't leading the Seahawks to any worth while success before he rides off into the sunset and quits fooling around and lands that QB of the future ASAP, a bit late is better then real late. The right QB and that position is set for the next decade or more THEN they can focus on other needs while having that financial edge with a rookie QB contract allowing for cap space to sign players to help fill needs that can't be covered by the draft alone.
Geno Smith half a season of playing above his true level of skill has had a domino effect which has not been good for the Seahawks. It is still costing the Seahawks.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just off the top of my head, the titans took skoronski top 10 and put him at LG. So it happens and it can happen fairly high

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just off the top of my head, the titans took skoronski top 10 and put him at LG. So it happens and it can happen fairly high

Happens pretty routinely especially in the teens.

Honestly the only positions I would be pretty angry with would be RB or WR at 16.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's 50/50 if they draft a QB at 16 if Nix/Penix is still on the board. This team has holes so I'm now more on leaning with a trade down gathering more draft assets unless some top 10 defensive prospect falls to 16.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers just fired their DC. That surprises me. Wonder if there is room to add him to the staff some how. Position coach or quality control?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel klatt has us taking mccarthy at 16, seems convinced the MacDonald harbaugh connection seals the deal

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel klatt has us taking mccarthy at 16, seems convinced the MacDonald harbaugh connection seals the deal

It's possible. Other people think there is no way that he makes it past 13. Others say there is no way that Penix makes it to 16. Others say Nix.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers just fired their DC. That surprises me. Wonder if there is room to add him to the staff some how. Position coach or quality control?
Not sure if Dallas filled their DC opening. If not, bring him in.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like Wilks wears out his welcome quickly.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yes naturally the decision wouldn't be up to him but I was thinking more like the same OC that developed him into a Heisman candidate would the one working with him in his NFL career. It could work both ways he can say that he knows him well enough that he isn't NFL material.

All I know is that we once drafted a shot QB in the 3rd round that was rated a 4th or 5th rounder and made him into an all pro super bowl winner. Also we just had a Mr. Irrelevant QB play in the super bowl whom is also a pro bowler.

He was a early first round QB and his SIZE was the ONLY reason Wilson dropped into the 3rd. Skill wise he was top 3 RG III Luck and Wilson. All Wilson didn't have was the 6 foot plus frame that teams want, he was 5 foot 10, thats all that was wrong with him and the ONLY reason he lasted till the 3rd. He would have NEVER lasted till the 4th or 5th and had he been 6 foot 2 he very well could have been the #1 QB taken.