• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Preview 10-23

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft picks are a big deal, and Seattle's pick is protected, but a pick is a pick. Second rounders can still be good players. Pedroia was a 2nd rounder. You still get to say that you tried to keep him. No sane fan should question why the Giants would want to cut his salary,and only offer him 1 year. As I write that, it dawns on me that he actually DID take a salary cut, as he was making $20mm each of the last 2 years.

Maybe the Giants will offer Zito a new multi-year pact for old times sakes. You know, he helped them in the playoffs last season. That is worth about $25mm over 2 years, right?

Is pot legal in Washington? If yes, then it was a concern that he would defect north.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think it played any part that Seattle could have been the front runner? The Giants figure that if he tests FA, Seattle gives him the minimum and SF gets a second rounder instead of a first? Or are draft picks not really that big of a deal?

i think it was more of a big 'thank you' because of the fact he got a no-trade clause with it.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think we really overpaid all that much. The QO is $14M, right? So we sweetened the pot a little... thanks for the 2 WS rings, the Cy Youngs, the NH and all the merchandise sold consistently. I'm telling you- he puts people in the seats. He is a huge fan favorite. A lot of that is immeasurable.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does facial hair bother the yankee franchise, and apparently their fans, so much?

They would rather employ drug users (not talking PED's here), low-lifes (too many to name), and child ******ers (Luis P) than have a guy with facial hair. Real world class organization there. Priorities are clearly in order.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think we really overpaid all that much. The QO is $14M, right? So we sweetened the pot a little... thanks for the 2 WS rings, the Cy Youngs, the NH and all the merchandise sold consistently. I'm telling you- he puts people in the seats. He is a huge fan favorite. A lot of that is immeasurable.

It's a fair point. The Yankees did the same with Jeter when he got his 3yrs/$51mm. The difference is that Lincecum actually made a difference. :whistle:

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does facial hair bother the yankee franchise, and apparently their fans, so much?

It does not bother me... I like facial hair and can grow if easily.

Its the fact that it is actually a story that pisses me off.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say that Boston's club house is a little too friendly when they give each other 'tugs' on their beards.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say that Boston's club house is a little too friendly when they give each other 'tugs' on their beards.

if you saw napoli's beautiful, fully groomed beard, you'd want to do the same thing.

don't even try to deny it!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you saw napoli's beautiful, fully groomed beard, you'd want to do the same thing.

don't even try to deny it!
I hate beards. They look stupid in anything other than a fantasy setting where they dont have sinks and electricity.

Much more impressed with Napoli's bat when it shows up.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate beards. They look stupid in anything other than a fantasy setting where they dont have sinks and electricity.

Much more impressed with Napoli's bat when it shows up.

So its your patchy or just cannot grow one?

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

like, weird al yankovic in the music video 'amish paradise'?

Last edited by a moderator:

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hair pulling & spanking, huh? What's wrong with that?

Beard-tugs.gif

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is a very good thing that I am not a G.M then. To me, be if $ 14 mil or $ 17 mil, it is far too much to give out as a "thank you".

As a G.M, when it comes to payout, it should be all about "What have you done for me lately". And, if the answer is "Not all that much", then, said player should be paid accordingly.

Me and my stupid hold on wanting things in life to be fair and make sense..........