• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson rated by the so called experts

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI guys..JDM is no longer part of SportsHoopla. Nothing to do with me or this thread. Mods just got tired of him going full retard. This thread being a example.

Just Wow...

I actually read up on his profile and saw the other crap he was posting TODAY and all I can say is good riddance. I'm willing to debate whether or not Russell Wilson is a top 5 QB in the league. Heck, I don't think he's there yet. But to come up with this crap about the WHOLE NFL focusing 100% of their game plan on stopping Lynch thus giving Wilson inflated stats while poor Andrew Luck being unfairly picked on at the same time is a 50 gallon barrel of monkey crap!

OK, rant over. I'd drink a beer right now to celebrate but I have to work tomorrow...

:drink:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for your sake I hope that JDM can at least read these threads and is soaking it up.

I guess I should have read that before I posted.

You know how I like to poke trolls in the eyes now and then. :whistle:

Oh well, I spoke my peace anyway.

:suds:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you, JDM.

The guy will state something as fact after pulling it out of his ass, then argue for days on end that he's right even after faced with obvious facts that contradict his claim. When he's tired of just using the "nu uh" defense he'll change the context of the original topic to make at least one of his retarded statements fit the narrative.

I'm so glad he found the Hawks board. I was looking for some offseason entertainment.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that moron is gone from the forum? :laugh3:

I feel so sorry for the people out there who are next to be the bearers of his arrogant ramblings of stupidity.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking of getting new signature anyway.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For luck, every play is an obvious pass play. Every defensive play call but a short yardage one is called with a pass first defense in mind. They may get caught by an occasional run but that doesn't mean they will worry about it. They don't need to.

For Wilson, it's the opposite. Except for long third downs, the defense plays run first. If they don't, lynch will eat them up.

Every NFL defense has to prepare to stop the pass and run... Yes some teams throw better and some teams run better BUT every NFL team's offense does both... And EVERY NFL team wants to establish the running game... Some NFL teams struggle like hell to get it going though... SO yes they start passing more BUT NEVER can you say every play is and obvious pass play...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every NFL defense has to prepare to stop the pass and run... Yes some teams throw better and some teams run better BUT every NFL team's offense does both... And EVERY NFL team wants to establish the running game... Some NFL teams struggle like hell to get it going though... SO yes they start passing more BUT NEVER can you say every play is and obvious pass play...

You can say though that when a team is preparing throughout the week that they will focus more towards one or the other. With Luck teams know that for the Colts to win he has to have a good game. So obviously most of the practice week is spent for the defense trying to figure out how to stop Luck. Same thing with Manning, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. Teams don't worry about the run game as much with them.

For the Seahawks, if I was a defense getting ready to play them most of my week would be spent figuring out how to slow down Marshawn Lynch. Doesn't mean I completely ignore the pass game but I also realize that stopping the run is the key to stopping that offense. Very different mindsets leading up to the game in how to prepare for each quarterback and each team.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in this "passing league" run defense is first and foremost for any DC. You concède the running game to just about any offense and they will beat you, especially with à good QB. And from what ive seen, Luck plays in a lot of power run seras and not spreading it out. Their running game is not as good as seattles, but that doesnt mean that teams dont play them the same.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say though that when a team is preparing throughout the week that they will focus more towards one or the other. With Luck teams know that for the Colts to win he has to have a good game. So obviously most of the practice week is spent for the defense trying to figure out how to stop Luck. Same thing with Manning, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. Teams don't worry about the run game as much with them.

For the Seahawks, if I was a defense getting ready to play them most of my week would be spent figuring out how to slow down Marshawn Lynch. Doesn't mean I completely ignore the pass game but I also realize that stopping the run is the key to stopping that offense. Very different mindsets leading up to the game in how to prepare for each quarterback and each team.

I agree with your assessment of how to try to stop Seattle's offense. I too would focus on Lynch. One of the big reasons the Seahawks are champs is that RW will slice and dice a defense when given a chance. Denver showed exactly how to essentially stop our ground game and I give them credit for it. RW took advantage of "stop the Seattle running game defense" and made Denver pay the ultimate price.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your assessment of how to try to stop Seattle's offense. I too would focus on Lynch. One of the big reasons the Seahawks are champs is that RW will slice and dice a defense when given a chance. Denver showed exactly how to essentially stop our ground game and I give them credit for it. RW took advantage of "stop the Seattle running game defense" and made Denver pay the ultimate price.

I definitely agree. Stopping Lynch at the expense of opening up the pass game is taking a chance. Wilson can do just fine when asked to be "The Man." I will say though for the Broncos in the Super Bowl the biggest problem on defense was no pass rush. Wilson had all day to look for open receivers. It is a big reason the Broncos went after Ware so hard this off season. They are hoping the combo of him and Miller make sure that never happens to the Broncos again.

Again that is why the Seahawks are such a dangerous team in they can beat you many different ways. Stop Lynch and you still have Wilson to worry about. Defensively try to run it against them they have a great front 7 that is tough to beat. Try to pass on them to only be met by one of the best secondaries in recent memory.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely agree. Stopping Lynch at the expense of opening up the pass game is taking a chance. Wilson can do just fine when asked to be "The Man." I will say though for the Broncos in the Super Bowl the biggest problem on defense was no pass rush. Wilson had all day to look for open receivers. It is a big reason the Broncos went after Ware so hard this off season. They are hoping the combo of him and Miller make sure that never happens to the Broncos again.

Again that is why the Seahawks are such a dangerous team in they can beat you many different ways. Stop Lynch and you still have Wilson to worry about. Defensively try to run it against them they have a great front 7 that is tough to beat. Try to pass on them to only be met by one of the best secondaries in recent memory.

And this :yahoo:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how some trolls say they would focus on stopping Lynch first. Every NFL team focus on stopping the run first and foremost. It how they go about it that differs, some times you need to stack the box some times you just need well timed run blitzing but do not need to stack the box. Thing is Russell has shown that if you stop Lynch not only can he carry the Hawks he HAS carried the Hawks.

NO Had the #2 Passing Defense in the NFL last season, Thats right the #2 PASSING DEFENSE. Russell Wilson Put up 310 yards on 73.3% passing and 3 TD against the strongest pass defense in the NFL that he could face. The NO Saints are the strongest Pass defense in the NFL that Russell Wilson could face and in the regular season he torched them. All you visitors/guests here need to pay closer attention if you want to chime in. At least bring some facts to the table not made up stuff that "YOU" believe to be true LMAO.

Also I tend to listen to players and ex-players more than the talking heads when talking about other players skill/ranking what not. With that said you trolls/guests/visitors should watch this.

Is Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson a top five QB? - NFL Videos

These two would know much better than any of us or the Media talking heads. You all forget it seems that you can have the greatest defense but for most of the season Seattle also had the 2nd ranked offense and other than Wilson and Lynch no one else is an elite player when talking skilled positions.

Last edited by a moderator:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe that is the exact strategy the Broncos used in the SB. It worked too for the most part. That was about the one thing they managed to do well. Lynch did score but he was held to just 39 yards rushing. Wilson was money even without the run game doing well, 2 TDs and 123 QB rating is pretty good when your a sophomore playing in the biggest game on the planet.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Being as objective as you can be, which QB do you think is better at this point? Russell Wilson or Ben Roethlisberger (when both are 100% healthy of course)?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being as objective as you can be, which QB do you think is better at this point? Russell Wilson or Ben Roethlisberger (when both are 100% healthy of course)?

I've never liked Ben and I doubt any other Seahawk fan does either given the SB debacle back in '05. So you will have to excuse us if we can't be fully objective on that one.

I'd take RW. Even if Ben is healthy, he isn't young and makes his share of mistakes.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Russell Wilson over Big Ben. Why? because Russell is harder to stop because even if his running game isn't working he has success and stepped up in the biggest game of the season. Big Ben on the other hand had the worst ever performance by a QB in a Superbowl and still won. Wilsons Bad games are Much better than Ben's bad games and this is the biggest factor. Wilson's low is still pretty good, Ben's low is down right horrid.

So it comes down to that. When both are playing good they are both great QB's. When they both play bad Wilson is still a good QB Ben isn't.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is true... But teams also adjust if one thing is taken away during the game... Defenses have to adjust as well accordingly... But to say a team is just gonna throw every down is crazy talk because there not, and that's what he was trying to say ... Maybe he's wording things wrong with his point...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell's message to the 12s

Instagram

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect quarterback for this team