• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson rated by the so called experts

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone was trying to compare luck's numbers to Wilson's, while ignoring the obvious fact that teams gameplan exclusively to stop luck and essentially not at all to stop Wilson. I simply corrected that.

It's not complicated and I'm not sure why it's confusing so many.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone was trying to compare luck's numbers to Wilson's, while ignoring the obvious fact that teams gameplan exclusively to stop luck and essentially not at all to stop Wilson. I simply corrected that.

JDM, you get to hung up on the fact that teams figure that Luck may pass on any down. That doesn't make it harder for Luck, because teams are not sure if the Colts will run on first down or pass. They got to respect both possiblies. That goes for the whole game ...except in obvious passing situations.

Frankly it is harder for a QB to put up good numbers when usually he only passes in obvious situations vs a passing QB who may pass on any down or maybe not. Doesn't matter if the other teams "game plans for the pass" . When it's first and ten, teams still have to watch for the run, they can't just assume it will be a pass.

Last edited by a moderator:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts ground game wasn't the problem last season, Richardson was the problem. The Colts averaged over 5 yards per carry whenever someone not named Richardson ran with the ball, compared to only 2.9 when their supposed best back carried it.

I also hear a lot about how horrible the Colts line is, but I just don't think people really appreciate how bad Seattle was last year, or maybe the Colts weren't as bad as people think. The Colts averaged 4.3 ypc (despite Richardson at 2.9), guess what, Seattle also averaged 4.3 ypc. Despite throwing 163 fewer passes that Luck, Wilson was sacked 44 times (compared to Lucks 32) and that's even with Wilson being probably the best in the league at avoiding sacks. Also, despite running 50 fewer plays, including 170 fewer passing plays, the Seahawks offense was only 40 yards shy of what the Colts achieved, and put up more points (387 to 380).

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If teams don't gameplan for Russell, then I expect a 16-0 record and a Super Bowl victory this next season, cause everyone would basically be laying down to be walked over.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And luck was hit more than Wilson, by a wide margin. The difference is luck gets the ball out and Wilson looks to extend the play.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And luck was hit more than Wilson, by a wide margin. The difference is luck gets the ball out and Wilson looks to extend the play.

Changing the subject JDM ? Answer my last post.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simply not true. Wilson passes in more than obvious passing downs and has a relatively short distance to go for most of his attempts, and having the gameplan solely target you is far more of a challenge than passing only on obvious passing downs even if that were the case, which it is not.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simply not true. Wilson passes in more than obvious passing downs and has a relatively short distance to go for most of his attempts, and having the gameplan solely target you is far more of a challenge than passing only on obvious passing downs even if that were the case, which it is not.

Sure Wilson passes on some non obvious pass play, but Luck does it way more often. We can agree on that, right?

Passing on non obvious pass plays gives the QB the edge on the defense, it's one of the reasons the NFL became a passing league.

On the flip side, DC work hard to get QBs in obvious pass plays because then the advantage goes to the defense.

Therefore Wilsons numbers are more impressive then Luck numbers.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For luck, every play is an obvious pass play. Every defensive play call but a short yardage one is called with a pass first defense in mind. They may get caught by an occasional run but that doesn't mean they will worry about it. They don't need to.

For Wilson, it's the opposite. Except for long third downs, the defense plays run first. If they don't, lynch will eat them up.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For luck, every play is an obvious pass play. Every defensive play call but a short yardage one is called with a pass first defense in mind. They may get caught by an occasional run but that doesn't mean they will worry about it. They don't need to.

For Wilson, it's the opposite. Except for long third downs, the defense plays run first. If they don't, lynch will eat them up.

No! Every play is not a obvious pass play when playing Luck. Your being ridulious here.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to sum it all up

Luck has all the odds against him. Opposing defenses are known to have 12 and up to 18 defensive players on the field when Luck is quarterbacking the Colts. This explains Luck's career 78 qb rating.

It is also a known fact that every team focuses on Marshawn and Marshawn only. There is new meaning to the term 8 in the box. Teams have invented a new defense called the 11 in the box defense when they play the Seahawks. Not only do teams spend 0 time studying tape of Russell Wilson (because duh no one ever game plans for Russell), but they also pay 0 attention to him on the field as well. This is the only reason why Russell Wilson is so efficient in the league.

Obviously any stat indicating that Russell is better than Luck is outweighed by the fact that Luck has all the odds stacked against him.

Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to sum it all up

Luck has all the odds against him. Opposing defenses are known to have 12 and up to 18 defensive players on the field when Luck is quarterbacking the Colts. This explains Luck's career 78 qb rating.

It is also a known fact that every team focuses on Marshawn and Marshawn only. There is new meaning to the term 8 in the box. Teams have invented a new defense called the 11 in the box defense when they play the Seahawks. Not only do teams spend 0 time studying tape of Russell Wilson (because duh no one ever game plans for Russell), but they also pay 0 attention to him on the field as well. This is the only reason why Russell Wilson is so efficient in the league.

Obviously any stat indicating that Russell is better than Luck is outweighed by the fact that Luck has all the odds stacked against him.

Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

That sums up JDMs view very well!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No! Every play is not a obvious pass play when playing Luck. Your being ridulious here.

Every play but short yardage the defense is playing pass first.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good gravey! I'm waiting for JDM to tell us the world is flat and the moon landings are a hoax! Jesus Christ! The idea that opposing teams have been ignoring Wilson the past two seasons is assinine. I suggest we lock this thread. It has been hijacked by an outpatient that has stopped taking his medication.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn... almost reminiscent of fundamental football. Wish my team could do that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good gravey! I'm waiting for JDM to tell us the world is flat and the moon landings are a hoax! Jesus Christ! The idea that opposing teams have been ignoring Wilson the past two seasons is assinine. I suggest we kill this thread. It has been hijacked by an outpatient that has stopped taking his medication.

No need IMO. I think JDM is done with this thread and if he isn't I'm going to let know that he is.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI guys..JDM is no longer part of SportsHoopla. Nothing to do with me or this thread. Mods just got tired of him going full retard. This thread being a example.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that is even remotely true then every defensive coordinator the Seahawks faced last year is a total and complete fucking idiot.

NFL Run/Pass Ratios - 2013 - FF Today

Seahawks passed 45.21% of the time.

So according to you all defenses Seattle play only game plan for 55% of their total plays. :wtf:

You try to make it seem like they run 80% of the time and that simply isn't true.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is even remotely true then every defensive coordinator the Seahawks faced last year is a total and complete fucking idiot.

NFL Run/Pass Ratios - 2013 - FF Today

Seahawks passed 45.21% of the time.

So according to you all defenses Seattle play only game plan for 55% of their total plays. :wtf:

You try to make it seem like they run 80% of the time and that simply isn't true.

Well for your sake I hope that JDM can at least read these threads and is soaking it up.