• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will a win on Sunday mean Brady is the greatest QB of all-time?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 6 Super Bowl appearances, and 3 wins as a starter. If the Patriots win on Sunday, he'll have the same number of Super Bowl wins as Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw, but more appearances.

Brady already has 2 Super Bowl MVP trophies and 2 League MVP trophies. If he gets his third Super Bowl MVP, he will tie Montana for second most MVP trophies in NFL history.

Curious, if we are told over and over that Wilson can't be given any credit for the team performance because of how good their defense is, then why do we give all of the credit to Brady or other QB's when their teams win big games?

The problem with using just SB wins is the Dan Marino's of the world. Even Elway was thought to be much much better than the team he played for most of his career and that hurt his place in QB history. Luck is already gaining that moniker for this generation.

Brady is a big part of their success, but don't most feel it's as much or more about what BB has built there and how he runs that team than any one special player?

No doubt NE has had one of the best runs in league history and their dynasty as a group will stand the test of time. I don't know if them winning this game adds anything more to that legacy or not. It's already there.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't consider Brady as the best QB ever due to the fact the Patriots won three Super Bowls by 3 points each before Spygate & have been 6-6 since. Sorry, but I don't trust the Patriots. They didn't need to do anything to beat Indy & they still couldn't help themselves. I will always believe the Super Bowls New England won were tainted.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I typically don't venture into the GOAT threads because most turn into a favorites thing...on this one...I think I can give an unbiased view point.

IMO there have been better QBs than both Brady and Montana, but they didn't have the supporting cast thus never got on the big stage enough...So, to even be mentioned you had to be on good teams.

I think you take Bradshaw out of the conversation...he was the catalyst in the final 2 of his 4 SB wins, but he really was not much of a factor at all in the 1st two. Pretty high INT/TD ratio...especially early in his career.

I really does come down to Montana and Brady (if he wins this week) I would still go with Montana for a couple of reasons...back in that era, there were always 2 to 3 really tough teams to beat just to make it to the SB...never lost a SB, and he always played well getting them there, and in the big game...not always throwing it either...if you needed 4 yds to keep a drive alive...Joe would deliver by any means necessary.

The beauty of this for Brady is he's not done yet...this could all change in another year or two.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is already in the conversation but it will always be subjective. Montana played in a different era with different rules. I expect that since the NFL is constantly making it easier for offenses there will be a number of quarterbacks who will break a lot of records.

It sells tickets and sucks people into the fantasy money makers for the league to have guys throw for 5000 yards. That could very well be the standard in years ahead.

The one big negative for Brady is all the history surrounding the Patriots during his and Bellichecks tenure. There will not be an asterisk in the record books but there will always be one or two in the minds of sports fans. And any time somebody argues for Tom Brady, there will be someone bringing up all the negative stuff.

Haters will always hate. Nut huggers will always dangle.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument is a lot stronger if he wins sunday than it is now.

Brady has always been a conundrum. Sorry but the three super bowls he won were not because of him. Defense, coaching, special teams and running game were the Patriots calling card back then and that's what propelled them to super bowl wins. Brady was a good, maybe slightly above average game manager.

It's no surprise that since the 07 season, when tom Brady has been asked to carry weak Patriot teams(which has proven his all time great status) his playoff record has been Peyton Manning esque.

Tom Brady from 07 to now is dealing with what Peyton Manning has had to deal with his whole career. When your tasked with carrying a franchise on your shoulders it's hard to win postseason games that way.

Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck are finding that out the hard way.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the bigger question is, does it even matter? For most of us its just a conversation or a point of contention.