• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will a win on Sunday mean Brady is the greatest QB of all-time?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's absurd.

When did we get to the point where "rings" were the lone criteria in measuring individual players in team sports?

It's not. I understand exactly what your saying but post season wins is the highest bar that QB's must be judged by. It's not the only bar it's just the highest.

And I do agree, there is an inherent flaw or unfairness to it.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one else has made it to 6 SBs. If NE wins and Brady has a big game with the production coming while the game is competitive (unlike Manning last year), then I think it's awfully hard to argue he isn't the best. Just wondering -- has there ever been this large of a gap between SB appearances for a QB?

Elway might have had a bigger span for a SB appearance but I'm not sure.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I still have to take Montana. Too many rules favor the passing game in todays NFL, Brady is no doubt the best of his generation but he's no Montana. For Christ sakes Montana Damn near took the Chiefs to the Bowl with two bum knees and a couple of days away from the nursing home.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will a win on Sunday mean Brady is the greatest QB of all-time?

I'm sure he already is in some football fans eyes.
I think Montana remains the man

Good to see you PDay, welcome back.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I still have to take Montana. Too many rules favor the passing game in todays NFL, Brady is no doubt the best of his generation but he's no Montana. For Christ sakes Montana Damn near took the Chiefs to the Bowl with two bum knees and a couple of days away from the nursing home.

Not that I agree with that. But i do find it really impressive that Montana is still at #10 in all passer rating when he retired 6 years before Brady's first year.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny U is the greatest QB of all-time. The only QB that has a chance to unseat him right now is Aaron Rodgers.

Think about this for second. Could the greatest QB of all-time ever be consistently outplayed in the postseason by both Eli Manning and Joe Flacco??? Don't think so...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny U is the greatest QB of all-time. The only QB that has a chance to unseat him right now is Aaron Rodgers.

Think about this for second. Could the greatest QB of all-time ever be consistently outplayed in the postseason by both Eli Manning and Joe Flacco??? Don't think so...

I love the story of Johnny U. I always laugh when I remember his first pass was a pick six.
You never know how things will turn out.

Brady did lose, but he was facing some insane defensive lines in all 3.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Eli Manning wins one more superbowl over Tom Brady.

Will that make him the best ever quarterback???

what with complete and utter ownership of Brady and all.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joe Montana lost in the postseason to both Jeff Hostetler and Phil Simms.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I agree with that. But i do find it really impressive that Montana is still at #10 in all passer rating when he retired 6 years before Brady's first year.

That's the great thing about opinions R.J, we don't have to agree. Where do you think Montana would rank had he played with the same passing rules Brady has played with?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the great thing about opinions R.J, we don't have to agree. Where do you think Montana would rank had he played with the same passing rules Brady has played with?

Does he still have Jerry rice and the rest of that great team?:suds:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 6 Super Bowl appearances, and 3 wins as a starter. If the Patriots win on Sunday, he'll have the same number of Super Bowl wins as Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw, but more appearances.

Brady already has 2 Super Bowl MVP trophies and 2 League MVP trophies. If he gets his third Super Bowl MVP, he will tie Montana for second most MVP trophies in NFL history.

I always thought Brady's greatness was not the 3 titles, the defense was great back then. To me Brady's greatness has been since then even though it hasn't resulted in rings. No running game, no problem, Tom will get them there. No deep threats? No problem, Brady will use slot guys and tight ends. Pick up Randy Moss, great, Tom will assault the record book. Weak denfense? No problem, just get him the ball within 6 points and he'll find a way.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana lost in the postseason to both Jeff Hostetler and Phil Simms.

He really lost to the Giants defense which was elite.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, He played in a older school era and still had a level of play equal to today's Qb's

Impressive stuff.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Brady's greatness was not the 3 titles, the defense was great back then. To me Brady's greatness has been since then even though it hasn't resulted in rings. No running game, no problem, Tom will get them there. No deep threats? No problem, Brady will use slot guys and tight ends. Pick up Randy Moss, great, Tom will assault the record book. Weak denfense? No problem, just get him the ball within 6 points and he'll find a way.

Weak offensive line? Yes, that would be a serious problem. He's always had fantastic OL's though.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pats were ahead in both the Giants games when Brady walked off the field. Those Pats defenses were weak, they had under average running games and Brady carried them. The Giants also had a hellacious pass rush.

Those Ravens teams also had great defenses. It's not just QB vs QB

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak offensive line? Yes, that would be a serious problem. He's always had fantastic OL's though.

In one of the Giant SB's they were missing 2 starters