• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people offering better options and shit, but none of you know what other teams were willing to part with and required back.
We are talking about Sam Bradford. He is an injury prone QB who has never won at the pro level. We can argue the talent level around him all day long, but the fact still remains.

It's hard to argue there weren't other options at a lesser price. However you are correct, we don't know what other teams were willing to do.

As it stands today, the Eagles have won the trade because they have secured a 1st and at minimum a 4th round draft pick. The Vikings have seen no return on investment to this point. If Bradford stays healthy and the Vikings make a deep playoff run, then the trade worked out for both. Right now, the Eagles are winning. That can't be argued.

Let's not avoid the obvious which is the Eagles took advantage of a desperate team.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about Sam Bradford. He is an injury prone QB who has never won at the pro level. We can argue the talent level around him all day long, but the fact still remains.

It's hard to argue there weren't other options at a lesser price. However you are correct, we don't know what other teams were willing to do.

As it stands today, the Eagles have won the trade because they have secured a 1st and at minimum a 4th round draft pick. The Vikings have seen no return on investment to this point. If Bradford stays healthy and the Vikings make a deep playoff run, then the trade worked out for both. Right now, the Eagles are winning. That can't be argued.

Let's not avoid the obvious which is the Eagles took advantage of a desperate team.

:wtf:

21512410.jpg

REALLY?

giphy.gif

"Haven't seen a return as of yet..." he says.... b4 they even take a snap...

wow.... :L can't make this shit up folks.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

21512410.jpg

REALLY?

giphy.gif

"Haven't seen a return as of yet..." he says.... b4 they even take a snap...

wow.... :L can't make this shit up folks.
A bit sensitive I see. i don't blame you. It's been a rough week for Vikings fans.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit sensitive I see. i don't blame you. It's been a rough week for Vikings fans.

If you read the 5 or 6 posts I've made in this thread, I've been pretty level headed with both my expectations and reaction to the trade.

I don't live and die with sports. I just want to be entertained at the end of the day.

But seriously, that last post you made was straight up fucktarded.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read the 5 or 6 posts I've made in this thread, I've been pretty level headed with both my expectations and reaction to the trade.

I don't live and die with sports. I just want to be entertained at the end of the day.

Outlining the facts = fucktarded. Makes perfect sense. :thumb:

Now carry on with your ignorant, passive aggressive insults.

BTW - When I say ignorant, I don't think you are stupid. You just have a bad luck when thinking.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think owning you is legendary, than you are more arrogant than I thought.
your mind Scooby...your fantasy

anyone that's followed this story knows full well cowboys have owned your ass a very long time and it remains in the posts.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your mind Scooby...your fantasy

anyone that's followed this story knows full well cowboys have owned your ass a very long time and it remains in the posts.
Sure. Hit the archives again. Good luck this year.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me slow it down for your cartoon ass

You ARE a legend in YOUR OWN MIND

another nice spin by the guy claiming ownership on a web page....:L
Again, it's well documented.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having had front row seats to panic move after panic move for the last 15 years, Smitty probably knows one when he sees one.

The Vikings have one of the better backup QBs in the league in Hill. He gave them time to be patient, consider their options, explore all possibilities, and pick their spot. But instead, they panicked, and severely overpaid for a QB who leads the league in excuses, and is fragile to boot.

And the argument that they had to do something is bullshit, but keep defending the move, because fans are doing the snoopy dance in Green Bay, Detroit, and Chicago.

Shaun Hill is in fact one of the better backups that can step in for 2-4 games and play okay. But, for an entire season? Nope.

But, the last time he saw significant playing time? Let's look at 2014, shall we?

63%, 184ypg, 6.6ypa, 8 TD's, 7 INT's, 83.9 PR

These are not good numbers at all. Oh, and he was 3-5 and is 16-18 for his career as a starter. And he's 36.

Bradford will post much numbers than those.