• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings weren't making the playoffs with Bridgewater. They overachieved last season and all of a sudden they're this superbowl contender.

yeah OK:rolleyes2:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not avoid the obvious which is the Eagles took advantage of a desperate team.

The Vikings took advantage of a team that got themselves into a messed up quarterback situation. The Vikings were lucky. Most teams that lose a QB after the 3rd preseason game are done. There's only one Kurt Warner and he's retired.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACTS

FACT #1: Wentz was more injured last year than Bradford.

FACT #2: He's more injured right now than Bradford.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scooby dishes better than he takes.
an ass hole in a sea of ass holes

Scooby is a sensitive chick. Definitely can dish, but tends to get upset when getting. This is a perfect example of what's wrong today with some females in the world. :nutswing: She likes long walks on the beach, dressing up as captain obvious, jumping off bridges, and goes full blown homer at times. @Win TWINS!!!

This Scooby owning somebody after she's tried to pull a few 180's on you..

angry short guy.gif

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scooby is a sensitive chick. She likes long walks on the beach, dressing up as captain obvious, jumping off bridges, and goes full blown homer at times. @Win TWINS!!!

View attachment 148150

It's a chick? :lol: That explains everything.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scooby is a sensitive chick. Definitely can dish, but tends to get upset when getting. This is a perfect example of what's wrong today with some females in the world. :nutswing: She likes long walks on the beach, dressing up as captain obvious, jumping off bridges, and goes full blown homer at times. @Win TWINS!!!

View attachment 148150
Woo Hoo - Simple Jack in the house. Always chiming in with your 10 year old wit.
:clap:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the ladies.
Brian-Fantana-60-of-the-time-it-works-every-time-Anchorman.gif

And to Scooby's credit she can hold her own in a conversation about fuseball. She just wasn't really happy about my Rams beating her Cards in Phoenix and me crashing the AZ kool-aid thread... What was it?? Bow down to the AZ Cardinals.

Not that I'm wild about my Rams, but I'm not buying the Cards with 40 year old Carson Palmer and Fitz is getting old too. I was rooting for them, but dam.. Carolina put a hurtin on them boys.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the ladies.
Brian-Fantana-60-of-the-time-it-works-every-time-Anchorman.gif

And to Scooby's credit she can hold her own in a conversation about fuseball. She just wasn't really happy about my Rams beating her Cards in Phoenix and me crashing the AZ kool-aid thread... What was it?? Bow down to the AZ Cardinals.

Not that I'm wild about my Rams, but I'm not buying the Cards with 40 year old Carson Palmer and Fitz is getting old too. I was rooting for them, but dam.. Carolina put a hurtin on them boys.

Straight off the short bus and dumbing down the conversation. I guess everybody's got to be good at something.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight off the short bus and dumbing down the conversation. I guess everybody's got to be good at something.

Apparently laughing is not something you do or are good at.

You want to talk about Bradford Scooby? He is who we think he is..

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently laughing is not something you do or are good at.

You want to talk about Bradford Scooby? He is who we think he is..
Ear to ear grin dude.

I have no idea where you are going with Bradford.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ear to ear grin dude.

I have no idea where you are going with Bradford.

Sammy boy might be the most deer in headlights QB I've ever seen and I saw alot of him. He's Captain Checkdown er'wher he goes. If he can't get it done in Minny, the dude is a bust.

Big sceerdy cat Sammy is.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy boy might be the most deer in headlights QB I've ever seen and I saw alot of him. He's Captain Checkdown er'wher he goes. If he can't get it done in Minny, the dude is a bust.

Big sceerdy cat Sammy is.
I don't disagree with any of this

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 405.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a Viking's fan I'd talk myself into this being a fair price.
If I were Viking's management I'd talk myself into making this trade.
I'm a fan of another NFC north team and I'm ok with them making this trade.
I'm also not cheering for Bradford to fail, but I think he's still the same guy he's been.
In the end, I think the Eagles win this in the long term, they have another 1st round pick, and they're valuable for their current situation. Plus, nobody really knows how this will all play out, but we will get to watch it unfold...

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACTS

FACT #1: Wentz was more injured last year than Bradford.

FACT #2: He's more injured right now than Bradford.

Just amazing.

Fact. Bradford as a rookie had fewer shoulder injuries and was healthier than Brett Favre.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about Sam Bradford. He is an injury prone QB who has never won at the pro level. We can argue the talent level around him all day long, but the fact still remains.

It's hard to argue there weren't other options at a lesser price. However you are correct, we don't know what other teams were willing to do.

As it stands today, the Eagles have won the trade because they have secured a 1st and at minimum a 4th round draft pick. The Vikings have seen no return on investment to this point. If Bradford stays healthy and the Vikings make a deep playoff run, then the trade worked out for both. Right now, the Eagles are winning. That can't be argued.

Let's not avoid the obvious which is the Eagles took advantage of a desperate team.
Isn't Fitzpatrick still available? Theres quite a few options that would have come at less of a cost. And most likely a lot less risk. Not just looking at Bradfords injury issues. The vikings gave up a spot in a very deep draft next year. And may have given up an even bigger piece of the puzzle and future . For an injury prone QB. Philly got their QB of the future and a pick in the first round which can easily be gold.

We could very well see Philly getting the next Emmit Smith or elite player in next years draft. This deal may bad as the Hershal Walker deal. Minnesota had a lot more options than people are willing to state. That would have made a lot more sense. Awful trade imo. We'll see how it plays out. But the potential for disaster is very high. Especially when you look at the first round talent pool for the 2017 NFL draft.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Fitzpatrick still available? Theres quite a few options that would have come at less of a cost. And most likely a lot less risk. Not just looking at Bradfords injury issues. The vikings gave up a spot in a very deep draft next year. And may have given up an even bigger piece of the puzzle and future . For an injury prone QB. Philly got their QB of the future and a pick in the first round which can easily be gold.

We could very well see Philly getting the next Emmit Smith or elite player in next years draft. This deal may bad as the Hershal Walker deal. Minnesota had a lot more options than people are willing to state. That would have made a lot more sense. Awful trade imo. We'll see how it plays out. But the potential for disaster is very high. Especially when you look at the first round talent pool for the 2017 NFL draft.
Fitzpatrick signed with the Jet's long ago. But there were other options.