• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: It looks like I was wrong but I am not man enough to admit it yet.

If he makes it through the year I'll be wrong.

But that won't happen.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is outperforming Bridgewater, though.

That said, Bradford has been majorly injured like...4 times? And this is the first time he has looked good in his whole career. 95% chance the wheels on this bus fall apart by the playoffs.

This is a patently false statement.

Bradford has looked good several times in his career. Especially last year.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are your standards as low with women as they are with QBs?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have a few big tests on the schedule, but if they finish 11-5, that'll be a real downturn in the way they are playing. That would basically be .500 ball the rest of the season.

Well that depends on how you look at...if someone said you would be 11-5 Labor Day weekend, you'd probably take it and run...but I get after the great start it might not look as good.

They have about 7 games that will most likely decide the finally tally. The games to date, I'm not that high on CAR OFC this yr, but I've been most impressed with the win at CAR.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO punctuation...

Grammar Nazi Inc called and said your fired.
Weren't you just talking about being 'man enough to admit' something Cowboy?

Geez.

You forgot a word in your sentence, which made it read kind of stupid, while calling out another for being stupid.

Just admit the screw up, and laugh at yourself bro.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you just talking about being 'man enough to admit' something Cowboy?

Geez.

You forgot a word in your sentence, which made it read kind of stupid, while calling out another for being stupid.

Just admit the screw up, and laugh at yourself bro.

I can laugh at myself and never said I wasn't wrong so you can take your strawman arguement and shove it up your ass. But if someone is going to be a grammar nazi they should do it with correct grammar.. don't ya think??

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope....your point was horrible. Now you're just doing a little board damage control, which would be your style.

Sam Bradford is a pussy. And so are you, post critic.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've seen his career in STL and was unimpressed. I get that he lacked surrounding talent but he also lacked talent himself. Never looked downfield. Had zero touch on the ball. Constantly made the wrong decisions in pressure situations. Had some of the ugliest turnovers you'll ever see. Was consistently replaced by backup QBs with little to no difference noticed at all.

His 3 years where he has played a full season has had him right at 14 Interceptions each year and 2.5% INT rate. His 0 Interceptions this year after a career of futility is rare.

What Bradford is doing right now is very rare. The career arc is fairly reminiscent of Alex Smith and Alex Smith has had an above average 2nd half to his career. Somehow.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen his career in STL and was unimpressed. I get that he lacked surrounding talent but he also lacked talent himself. Never looked downfield. Had zero touch on the ball. Constantly made the wrong decisions in pressure situations. Had some of the ugliest turnovers you'll ever see. Was consistently replaced by backup QBs with little to no difference noticed at all.

His 3 years where he has played a full season has had him right at 14 Interceptions each year and 2.5% INT rate. His 0 Interceptions this year after a career of futility is rare.

What Bradford is doing right now is very rare. The career arc is fairly reminiscent of Alex Smith and Alex Smith has had an above average 2nd half to his career. Somehow.

But you made the statement that he has never been good in his career. Whether you have been impressed or not is irrelevant. You cannot win a rookie of the year without being good. Also, last year he was good.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Oct. 4th of 2015 Sam Bradford threw for 270 yards 3 TDs 0 interceptoins with a 122.6 Rating. That's not just good, that is excellent.

Once again, what you said was patently false. You may not have liked him and have a bad taste in your mouth but to say he has never been good is a bit ignorant.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can win ROY and not look good. If the other rookies in the class don't look good either.

Which is exactly what happened in Bradfords rookie year. Compared to other rookies he looked decent, but compared to other NFL QBs, he looked below average.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact in his entire career Sam Bradford has had a QB rating of over 100 20 times.

He also has had a QB rating of over 90 28 times.

So we can easily surmise he has been excellent and/or great at least 28 times in his career.

I didn't even count the times he had an 80+ even though most would say an 80QBR is good.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can win ROY and not look good. If the other rookies in the class don't look good either.

Which is exactly what happened in Bradfords rookie year. Compared to other rookies he looked decent, but compared to other NFL QBs, he looked below average.

That is very idiotic. He had an 80+ QBR his rookie of the year 9 times.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot win a rookie of the year without being good. Also, last year he was good.
He wasn't that good his rookie year. The Rams played nobody at all that year. I think Bradford had key turnovers against the Falcons and the Saints that year where he literally handed the other team that game.

I can't comment too much on last year. His numbers were standard starter numbers but IIRC a lot of his mistakes came at the worst times.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't that good his rookie year. The Rams played nobody at all that year. I think Bradford had key turnovers against the Falcons and the Saints that year where he literally handed the other team that game.

I can't comment too much on last year. His numbers were standard starter numbers but IIRC a lot of his mistakes came at the worst times.

Once again you are straying away from the OP. I never made the statement he has ALWAYS been good or has NEVER been bad. You made the statement he has never been good in his career. Which again is patently false.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is very idiotic. He had an 80+ QBR his rookie of the year 9 times.

Should I cherry pick his horrific games that dropped his overall passer rating?

Who cares about 80+ passer ratings? That may have been impressive in 1980, but not in 2010. Fact is he finished the year 25th in that metric. Well below average.