• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah what a great year Hill had when he completed 10 of 13 passes for 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Just awesome.

Dude's never started more than ten games, but you think the Vikings should have used him for all 16 and the playoffs. Are you starting to see how foolish you all are? Or should we dissect these numbers (you posted them) a bit further since we already know your eyeballs don't work.

Talking about eyeballs not working. Go back and read any of my posts where I stated I think Hill is a better QB or a better option than Bradford. I was just agreeing that a 1st and 4th round pick for him was a pricey and desperate move. Will it pay off? It has for now but come January, it will all be told

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is one of the top paid QBs in the league.

Hill is a fucking journeyman.

Bradford's numbers are not indicative of his ability. Every single great would have Bradforded on those Rams teams.

If pay dictates worth then Jamarcus Russel should have done better.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing a first rounder only hurts if you haven't been drafting well. They vary in worth to the various teams at various times. Having no QB and burying a season can completely destroy everything that Zimmer and the FO has built. You are a fool for not understanding the risk of doing nothing.

You are the fool for not seeing that the move was desperation and not necessary for them to be at 4-0. The defense will have a down week and Minny will lose. Sam can't do anything about that.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is he is getting compared to a fucking backup. Nobody is giving a backup that money.

Move on..

still cmparing what someone is getting paid with how good they are. That's fucking stupid.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite the same thing Cowboy. That was his contract year and he was looking to 'find' his value. The Rams are happy to let this happen as it lets a player get a good understanding too.

I remember when he was actually traded he was shocked!

That's why I asked.
You may not know your shit like you think you do. :lol:

BTW - What's with all the hostility?

Your language all of a sudden is off the charts!

Chill bro!
It's just my shtick.

But I can assure you he told his agent to find him a trade out of St. Louis.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just my shtick.

But I can assure you he told his agent to find him a trade out of St. Louis.
You're right, problem is he wanted a trade out of Philly too when the team drafed Wentz. Anytime he's unhappy he wants out. What happens if/when Teddy is ready to return?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, problem is he wanted a trade out of Philly too when the team drafed Wentz. Anytime he's unhappy he wants out. What happens if/when Teddy is ready to return?
No, Cowboy is not right. We Rams fans would have had threads over on the Rams boards about it if he was.

Google 'Sam Bradford demands a trade from the Rams' and see what you get.

There's this story that refutes Cowboy's accusation...

Bradford not on the trade block

After that bogus tweet/rumor was released, the one that Cowboy linked, the Rams had this to say...
To be clear, Sam Bradford isn’t demanding a trade. And the Rams aren’t interested in trading Bradford.

So a tweet by CBSSports on Wednesday afternoon stating that the Rams had given Bradford permission to seek a trade was at least a little off the mark.

General manager Les Snead emphatically denied that the Rams are shopping Bradford, and was genuinely surprised when asked about it Wednesday at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Basically Les Snead says...
What the Rams have told Bradford agent Tom Condon during the course of negotiations is that if he wants to check around and see if there is a market for Bradford, go ahead.

And this is near exact what I told Cowboy earlier.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Cowboy is not right. We Rams fans would have had threads over on the Rams boards about it if he was.

After that bogus tweet/rumor was released, the one that Cowboy linked, the Rams had this to say...

I thought there was a story of the Rams looking at the QB position causing Bradford wanting out.
I definitely can be mistaking but I know for fact there were stories Bradford wanted out of Philly when they drafted Wentz.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought there was a story of the Rams looking at the QB position causing Bradford wanting out.
I definitely can be mistaking but I know for fact there were stories Bradford wanted out of Philly when they drafted Wentz.

Oh he definitely started crying to get out of Philly. I don't remember him crying about wanting out of STL.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman is absolutely right, and if you did google 'Sam Bradford demands a trade from the Rams' pretty much all you get are the trade demand Sam made in Philly.

So basically your Post 706 that establishes a pattern is based on one demand.

Not to say there wont be some things the Vikings wont need to iron out next time Teddy is healthy. Sam has two years on his current deal so we may or may not find out in the off season. It all depends on Ted's recovery, and what they do from there.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam never got up and walked out of meeting, demanding a trade in STL. STL media tools like Bernie and Cusamano would have been all over that like stank on shit.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If pay dictates worth then Jamarcus Russel should have done better.
That's when players were paid based on their draft opinion. Sam Bradford has been in the league for awhile now and has displayed what he is capable provided he is on a viable team.

In other words. Apples to oranges comparison.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can dig up any stories you want. I lived in st. Louis at the time and and my father covered the team.

You're not going to win this one.

"chill bro. "

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam never got up and walked out of meeting, demanding a trade in STL. STL media tools like Bernie and Cusamano would have been all over that like stank on shit.
I never said he did. He made the request through his agent so he wouldn't get negative publicity.

It's okay if you guys don't believe me. It's not going to change the facts.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still cmparing what someone is getting paid with how good they are. That's fucking stupid.
You're reaching. I merely said it's stupid to compare one of the highest rated QBs to a lifetime journeyman.

My position stands.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can dig up any stories you want. I lived in st. Louis at the time and and my father covered the team.

You're not going to win this one.

"chill bro. "

Unless he worked for the Rams you can't say he was correct. I am assuming he was a sportswriter or something along those lines. The media is wrong often. Now I am not a Rams fan but tend to follow a lot of sports and I don't recall Bradford wanting a trade out of STL......but that does not mean I am right. I could be very wrong. I do recall the reason for his trade to Philly being because they Rams wanted Bradford to take a pay cut and he refused.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he worked for the Rams you can't say he was correct. I am assuming he was a sportswriter or something along those lines. The media is wrong often. Now I am not a Rams fan but tend to follow a lot of sports and I don't recall Bradford wanting a trade out of STL......but that does not mean I am right. I could be very wrong. I do recall the reason for his trade to Philly being because they Rams wanted Bradford to take a pay cut and he refused.
Saying he's a sportswriter is a bit of an understatement... But yeah. He's well connected within the league and his opinions are highly revered.

Condon is a St. Louis based agent so he has a relationship with him too.

I had 1 degree of separation from Bradford. I know what I'm talking about.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about eyeballs not working. Go back and read any of my posts where I stated I think Hill is a better QB or a better option than Bradford. I was just agreeing that a 1st and 4th round pick for him was a pricey and desperate move. Will it pay off? It has for now but come January, it will all be told

Boom.

It's been impressive to this point. But let's see Sam sustain this as the season goes on, or at least stay on the field.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying he's a sportswriter is a bit of an understatement... But yeah. He's well connected within the league and his opinions are highly revered.

Condon is a St. Louis based agent so he has a relationship with him too.

I had 1 degree of separation from Bradford. I know what I'm talking about.

ok.....I can only base my opinions on an assumption. Your dad may be well connected which means you cannot divulge much information and I can respect that as well.