• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then the piece of shit cries about wanting out of the Rams.
link?

I think you are confusing Sam wanting out of the Eagles when they made the trade up to get Wentz.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha

you must have been one of the Eagles fans already clearing room for the Lombardi Trophy when they drafted him
Plenty of room available!

th

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And NO GM had ever overpaid a player? Again WOW. You're a Cowboy fan right? Hasn't Jerry overpaid a player or two?

Point is he is getting compared to a fucking backup. Nobody is giving a backup that money.

Move on..

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if passing yards is your benchmark for success, then yes, the Bradford deal was worth the risk that the Vikings took

I tend to look more at TDs, INTs, completion percentages and W/L records. How did his teams fare during those 3,500+ yds passing years?
Word! Why the fuck didn't Bradford stop all of those teams from scoring on the Rams so much. Why the fuck didn't Bradford block for himself better? And why the fuck didn't he run the ball as an H-back better? Why didn't he run better routes and hold on to the ball instead of dropping it all the time when he threw it to himself? Why didn't he throw to himself more?

We may never get the answers to those things. Therefore Bradford sucks.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word! Why the fuck didn't Bradford stop all of those teams from scoring on the Rams so much. Why the fuck didn't Bradford block for himself better? And why the fuck didn't he run the ball as an H-back better? Why didn't he run better routes and hold on to the ball instead of dropping it all the time when he threw it to himself? Why didn't he throw to himself more?

We may never get the answers to those things. Therefore Bradford sucks.

we finally agree on something :suds:

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford for President!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite the same thing Cowboy. That was his contract year and he was looking to 'find' his value. The Rams are happy to let this happen as it lets a player get a good understanding too.

I remember when he was actually traded he was shocked!

That's why I asked.
You may not know your shit like you think you do. :lol:

BTW - What's with all the hostility?

Your language all of a sudden is off the charts!

Chill bro!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I hate it when I'm late to the party!
Not too bad! Currently the No. 3 Seed in the NFC
2016 NFL Playoff Standings - Nation Football League

In 2010, Sams rookie season, the Rams missed the playoffs based on the second tiebreaker by .167. 2 losses come to mind the OT vs San Fran where an untimely 22 yard PI on 3rd and long was enforced to set up the game winning FG and the 1 point loss to Tampa with the Bucs scoring the game winning TD with 10 seconds left. Either of those games go the Rams way and they didn't need the tiebreaker.

I'd say that's sniffing the Playoffs. :lol:

IMO the Rams really had no choice but to move Sam with his Ankle injury, 2 ACL tears, and that huge Salary. Moving Sam was the right move.

Hill also has a 77.3 passer rating and Sam has a 105.5 passer rating and 2 more wins.

Disagree, I'll take it just under your expectation, UNLESS you have a good chance to win it all. So they need to get a top seed and winning the division would do it.

I think the thread title is wrong, you can't make that type of statement now, there are too many stipulations. A better thread title would be, 'Will the Vikings overpay for Sam?'

I'm not sold on his availability, if that stands up not needing Shawn to come in for more than a couple more and if they win the Division, than I look at the circumstances of the trade itself to find the answer.

In 2010 I was at the Piazza del Duomo in Florence, and I paid 50 Euros ($70) for a medium sized Margarita Pizza and a pint sized Beer. Did I overpay? Well if I was at Round Table in East LA I did, but that wasn't my circumstances, so considering were I was sitting on the beautiful Sunny day, not a chance!

Same goes with this trade, had it been May then absolutely however under the circumstances the Vikings had to deal with only time will tell. They need to be in position to make a serious run in the playoffs.

That means a high playoff seed with a healthy Sam.

Sniff sniff. I thnk there is definitely some sniffing up in this beeyatch Vita

utdwtR6.gif

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if passing yards is your benchmark for success, then yes, the Bradford deal was worth the risk that the Vikings took

I tend to look more at TDs, INTs, completion percentages and W/L records. How did his teams fare during those 3,500+ yds passing years?
Yeah what a great year Hill had when he completed 10 of 13 passes for 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Just awesome.

Dude's never started more than ten games, but you think the Vikings should have used him for all 16 and the playoffs. Are you starting to see how foolish you all are? Or should we dissect these numbers (you posted them) a bit further since we already know your eyeballs don't work.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This deal has been most advantageous for both teams. My initial thought was the Vikings waaaay overpaid. At this point it looks like a genius move. The Eagles were in good shape either way.

Props to both teams at this point.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude's never started more than ten games, but you think the Vikings should have used him for all 16 and the playoffs. Are you starting to see how foolish you all are? Or should we dissect these numbers (you posted them) a bit further since we already know your eyeballs don't work.
Also, you gotta wonder who would be backing up the 35 yo QB. They would still need to fill that role.

Signing Sam gave them their starter and a quality backup.