• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the title of the thread were "does Sam give Minny the best chance to win" then my argument would be different. Yes he does.

But is he worth a 1st rounder for about a year of service? Hell no. No one that isn't a die hard homer thinks Minny didn't overpay.
Which doctor told you teddy would be ready for 2017?

Bradford "bounced" one pass over the middle where it's safer to throw it low. Bet he thought Rudolph would go down and get it. Was that the only pass you saw? Most of them were right on the money, like he always does when he's healthy. Probably not a more accurate arm in the game right now, but we'll see how Brady looks next week.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still see nothing but a game manager in Sam. He's a good QB, but I don't see anything out of him to warrant a 1st and 4th rounders for him. 262 yards and a TD. Good numbers, but not 1st rounder money.
I think you are ignoring key facts. He has yet to throw an interception, he is undefeated, he is beating teams as the underdog.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we agree to disagree, clearly you think a first rounder is some guaranteed quality NFL player, I beg to differ and my chance to win this year means more to me than next year. also where was it stated that Bridgewater will be fully recovered by next season?

A 1st rounder gives you a MUCH better shot at a good, young, cheap player. Not a QB that you won't need next year and is due for another contract at age 29 after next year. Have fun with paying a 1st rounder for a rental.

Also, state where I said Teddy would be healed next year. He won't take all next year, but maybe not full speed by the beginning of the year. He will be back just fine.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which doctor told you teddy would be ready for 2017?

Bradford "bounced" one pass over the middle where it's safer to throw it low. Bet he thought Rudolph would go down and get it. Was that the only pass you saw? Most of them were right on the money, like he always does when he's healthy. Probably not a more accurate arm in the game right now, but we'll see how Brady looks next week.

Dak putting up equal numbers and cost a 4th rounder.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are ignoring key facts. He has yet to throw an interception, he is undefeated, he is beating teams as the underdog.

He has yet to throw 100 passes, Hill is also undefeated, and minnesota has a stellar defense so which side of the ball is making them an underdog? Must be a lack of RB and waiting for the other shoe to fall on the QB.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak putting up equal numbers and cost a 4th rounder.

Can't compare the two...with a name like Dak there's a distinct advantage.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't compare the two...with a name like Dak there's a distinct advantage.

even better is Rayne Dakota

Sounds like he could be the star of an "Escape from" movie

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1st rounder gives you a MUCH better shot at a good, young, cheap player. Not a QB that you won't need next year and is due for another contract at age 29 after next year. Have fun with paying a 1st rounder for a rental.

Also, state where I said Teddy would be healed next year. He won't take all next year, but maybe not full speed by the beginning of the year. He will be back just fine.

I'm having fun being 4-0:suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Dak was already on a team.
2) The draft is in May, not September.

I think the point he is trying to make is that some of the best teams in the league are proving it is not all about the QB. If you can surround a young player with talent then you can still have success. Dak, Wentz, Siemian/Lynch, Jimmy G/Jacoby Brissett. Right now those QB's have a combined record of I think 13-2. So then paying for an average QB like Bradford is not a necessity to the team still having success.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point he is trying to make is that some of the best teams in the league are proving it is not all about the QB. If you can surround a young player with talent then you can still have success. Dak, Wentz, Siemian/Lynch, Jimmy G/Jacoby Brissett. Right now those QB's have a combined record of I think 13-2. So then paying for an average QB like Bradford is not a necessity to the team still having success.

maybe not now but who knows down the road? Vikings have larger team aspirations then regular season success...time will tell all

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe not now but who knows down the road? Vikings have larger team aspirations then regular season success...time will tell all

Well the team that won the Super Bowl last year had less than even average QB play last year. You could argue that only the Cowboys had it worse. So if you have a strong defense that keeps you in games you can still go in and do well outside of just the regular season.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having fun being 4-0:suds:

I'm sure you are. I'm happy with 3-1, an apparent QB of the future, and still have our #1 net year. :suds:

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vikings believe they have a roster to contend. They went bold

It's ludicrous teeth bashing

At this rate it'll be very late first. They'll potentially have trade chip in Bradford or teddy

We've found Talent throughout draft. Vikings will be fine

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not the only one who thinks so. Many people on this board agrees with me and so do the most important people to the argument... The Vikings agree with me as well.
Of course the Viks agree with you, what do you expect them to say?

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Viks agree with you, what do you expect them to say?

well when you're 4-0 and you haven't played your best yet I would say things are looking up:suds:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings believe they have a roster to contend. They went bold

It's ludicrous teeth bashing

At this rate it'll be very late first. They'll potentially have trade chip in Bradford or teddy

We've found Talent throughout draft. Vikings will be fine

If you can find someone that loses a QB and will overpay for Sam, then you are right. I doubt the same situation arises mid-season next year. You won't trade Sam in the offseason in case Teddy has a setback, so it has to be a deadline trade.

I don't see it happening. I see Sam walking after 2017 when his contract is up and you will have paid a 1st+ for about 19 games.