• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes Bradford is the X factor in these games. :dhd: Has nothing to do with the defense giving up 10 points. Sam manages a good game and has matured. Still 13 more weeks to go.

Also see Case Keenum's #s and how the Rams are 3-1 with... A good defense

Do I think the Vikings with be in the NFCCG? No i don't.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bullshit. when you win a SB then the price was worth it. Until then you paid a 1st and at least a 4th for a guy that hasn't been a game changer.

Anyone with a brain will tell you - you play for a chance to get to the Super Bowl. :L The playoffs can be a crapshoot, and the best team doesn't always win (or even get there for that matter).

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Bradford is the X factor in these games. :dhd: Has nothing to do with the defense giving up 10 points. Sam manages a good game and has matured. Still 13 more weeks to go.

Also see Case Keenum's #s and how the Rams are 3-1 with... A good defense

Do I think the Vikings with be in the NFCCG? No i don't.
The stupid are normally tenacious so no need for you to brag about it.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikes are 4-0 because of their D, not because of Bradford and their conservative O. I will freely admit I underestimated their D, it's been amazing and it's not like they played against a bunch of scrub offenses. I'm saying Minny is winning the same way I said we can't count Denver out, it's because of their D.

Cannot agree with 4-0... I think Vikings easily lose to Packers if Bradford not at QB. Packers were in the game until the end (Rodgers interception). Packers defense played extremely well (other than Randall) and pressured Bradford often... Bradford played with a lot of poise and made a few big throws when needed. He did not turn over ball despite all the pressure.. that was difference in game and why Vikings won.

Did Vikings overpay for Bradford... yes

But I am not going to fault them for making the move... for now it looks like it is working out very well. Key will be for Bradford to stay healthy.

I think Vikings have very good front office... their drafts have been impressive in recent years and their free agent moves as well. I also think Zimmer is a good coach.. I have a feeling Vikings will be team to watch for some time going forward.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupid are normally tenacious so no need for you to brag about it.

Kills you the Rams are 3-1 doesn't it? Funny thing is - I'm not getting wood just yet because IT'S STILL EARLY.

Rams give up 13 to the Cards
Vikings give up 10 to the Giants

Bradford settle down fella! You are dominating the league! Case Keenum too.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot agree with 4-0... I think Vikings easily lose to Packers if Bradford not at QB. Packers were in the game until the end (Rodgers interception). Packers defense played extremely well (other than Randall) and pressured Bradford often... Bradford played with a lot of poise and made a few big throws when needed. He did not turn over ball despite all the pressure.. that was difference in game and why Vikings won.

But I am not going to fault them for making the move... for now it looks like it is working out very well. Key will be for Bradford to stay healthy.

I think Vikings have very good front office... their drafts have been impressive in recent years and their free agent moves as well. I also think Zimmer is a good coach.. I have a feeling Vikings will be team to watch for some time going forward.

kinda Favresque.... :dhd:

I keed. I keed... just had to get that in there... :suds:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CowboyB Funny I was just in Minneapolis for 5 days and you are by far more in love with Sam Bradford than any Vikings fan I ran into - including women.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kills you the Rams are 3-1 doesn't it? Funny thing is - I'm not getting wood just yet because IT'S STILL EARLY.

Rams give up 13 to the Cards
Vikings give up 10 to the Giants

Bradford settle down fella! You are dominating the league! Case Keenum too.

I'm not getting wood just yet.... because history.... :sigh: Always an interception or shanked field goal... :L

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CowboyB Funny I was just in Minneapolis for 5 days and you are by far more in love with Sam Bradford than any Vikings fan I ran into - including women.

Ryder Cup (I believe I saw you past that a couple weeks ago)? I had a chance to go, but I've been to the US Open and PGA Championship there... It's not as much fun in person, IMO. Granted, the RC has a different vibe.... but between the shuttles and parking and whatnot, I decided not to go. :suds:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting wood just yet.... because history.... :sigh: Always an interception or shanked field goal... :L

Funny how you can win games in the NFL these days. A good defense is king with a good running game and a QB that can manage a game with no turnovers. It's once we get to December/January it seems the teams that win have QBs that elevate their game and play at a higher level.

Unless of course you have a Ravens or old school Bucs type defense. You can win with Trent Dilfer - just have to have a killer D and a good running game.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryder Cup (I believe I saw you past that a couple weeks ago)? I had a chance to go, but I've been to the US Open and PGA Championship there... It's not as much fun in person, IMO. Granted, the RC has a different vibe.... but between the shuttles and parking and whatnot, I decided not to go. :suds:

Yeah man was there for the Ryder Cup and some golf. Great weather last week. Had a blast. Went to Cowboy Slims - what a bunch of young hot chicks. Goodness. Minny chicks are cool

The buses were a bitch - we had a pass thru the mercedes gate

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how you can win games in the NFL these days. A good defense is king with a good running game and a QB that can manage a game with no turnovers. It's once we get to December/January it seems the teams that win have QBs that elevate their game and play at a higher level.

Unless of course you have a Ravens or old school Bucs type defense. You can win with Trent Dilfer - just have to have a killer D and a good running game.

No denying it should've been the Vikes in the SB and not the Saints.... Favre shouldn't have been in the position to even throw the INT at the end. :wink:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, maybe not, I guess we just don't know. What we do know is the Minny D made Rodgers and the GB O look bad too.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Vikings are playing better than every historic defense minus the 2002 Buccs.

That's why having a QB who can throw with 70% accuracy is so important. Thus making the trade worth it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking like a damn good trade now, especially since AP got hurt again and Bradford has been looking like he's been playing in the offense for years. A large portion of the credit goes to Norv Turner imo.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man was there for the Ryder Cup and some golf. Great weather last week. Had a blast. Went to Cowboy Slims - what a bunch of young hot chicks. Goodness. Minny chicks are cool

The buses were a bitch - we had a pass thru the mercedes gate

Just glad it wasn't one week earlier, or it would've been rained out. 10+ inches of rain the weekend before, with some areas exceeding 15.

I feel ya on the Cowboy Slims. :suds:

Funny thing about the Eden Prairie / Chaska /Chanhassen area... used to go down there in my 20s. Back then it was cougarville (I'm married and 41 now).... Bored, upper-middle class chicks in their late 30s/early 40s with bodies still intact. Some divorced, some not. Those were some good times.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings are playing better than every historic defense minus the 2002 Buccs.

That's why having a QB who can throw with 70% accuracy is so important. Thus making the trade worth it.

I agree. There's something about being able to extend a drive with the pass and keep eating up the clock - like they did in the 4th against the Giants.