• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 behind the Panthers isn't remotely close??

Nothing worse than assholes who can't admit their wrong when facts are right in front of them.

I get it, there were plenty of dumbasses who picked the shitty Packers to be a contender but I knew all along they weren't even better than the Vikings.

PS. Nobody saw the Rams as contenders in 99..im pretty sure that didn't have one fucking drop of credibility either.

you shut your whore mouth

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly....now my point was that the Vikings were not in the Superbowl conversation. When you talk about teams this year that have a legit shot they were not really in the conversation. With that said I actually think they were a playoff team but not one that would go deep. I just don't think they had all he pieces. I could be wrong though which is why I work in IT and no one hires me as an NFL analyst.

I saw that the list was about the "Unlucky 13" meaning the teams that have not yet won a Superbowl and which of those teams were closest to get there. Just because the Vikings are #2 it does not mean they were expected to contend this year which was my point. Since I do not think they were going to contend this year giving up a #1 was way too high a price for Bradford.

Hint: The AZ Cardinals haven't won a Bowl either.....

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at the end of the day - I don't give a fuck who did or didn't count the Vikings as contenders.

There are two types of people in this world. The type who base their opinions on what the "experts" at ESPN say and those who are fully capable of forming their own opinions.

IMO, the Vikings were Super Bowl Contenders at the beginning of the year and they still are.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at the end of the day - I don't give a fuck who did or didn't count the Vikings as contenders.

There are two types of people in this world. The type who base their opinions on what the "experts" at ESPN say and those who are fully capable of forming their own opinions.

IMO, the Vikings were Super Bowl Contenders at the beginning of the year and they still are.

I agree now.........That theory would have been tested big time with Shaun Hill

Bradford is more than capable of being a game manager for a fairly talented offense, and whats becoming a bad ass defense

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree now.........That theory would have been tested big time with Shaun Hill

Bradford is more than capable of being a game manager for a fairly talented offense, and whats becoming a bad ass defense

But that's the thing. Bradford is more than a game manager which is why we should expect more out of the Vikings with him at the helm than Bridgewater being there.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's the thing. Bradford is more than a game manager which is why we should expect more out of the Vikings with him at the helm than Bridgewater being there.

Just needs to avoid the mistakes that have plagued him in the past....I also think he is capable of being far better a playmaker than Teddy, just needs to avoid the game losing throws

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just needs to avoid the mistakes that have plagued him in the past....I also think he is capable of being far better a playmaker than Teddy, just needs to avoid the game losing throws

Having a line that gives him more than 1.7 seconds to throw should make it easier to avoid those errors. Also not being coached by a dumbass like Chip Kelly will help too.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is fine. I don't agree with you. I think the Vikings are a wildcard level team that will not go deep in the playoffs. Now I do not recally ever saying I based my opinion off of what the Experts say. You were the one that posted a Fox article to tell me I was wrong. I did mention that they were not part of conversations as Superbowl contenders and I still do not recall any of the major sports outlets talking them up as contenders. I think they are a good team and I think they are a playoff team but I just don't see them as a team to go far in the playoffs. In fact in my opinion I do not think they will make it past the divisional round regardless fo who was the QB. And for the record I personally will pick the Cardinals over me.

Now I am not basing my opinion of what these guys say but here is a list of the ESPN Analysts choices for the Superbowls. ESPN Commentators Share Predictions for the 2016 NFL Season - ESPN MediaZone None of them picked the Vikes to come out of the NFC. Now I know it does not give complete breakdowns of the actual NFC Championship games and some may have picked them to be in that game but lose it. I don't know. I will see if I can find some breakdowns. I know there are some out there but I am rushing. I did the quick search to make sure I was not wrong in my memory of people talking up the Vikings.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please do tell me what you meant by them not being in the discussion of contender then?

Read my entire post...I admitted that I said that but it does not mean I did not form my own opinion. The hyprocritical think is you made the assertation bashing me for using other analysts to form my opinion for me. Turn around and post a link from Fox to tell me that I am wrong and they turn around and say your opinion was your own and not swayed by anything.

The thing is that before I forumlate an opinion I try to research and get as much information as I can. I am not a football know it all. I am a huge football fan that knows I am not an expert. That does not mean that I am a sheep and can't make my own opinion.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 2 players have won the National Championship, Heisman and rookie of the year award.

Cam Newton
Sam Bradford

Dicks have been kicked in.

What National Championship did Sam Bradford win?

2007 LSU
2008 Florida
2009 Alabama

If you did not play in the SEC from 2006 to 2012, you did not win a champsionship in DI football

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What National Championship did Sam Bradford win?

2007 LSU
2008 Florida
2009 Alabama

If you did not play in the SEC from 2006 to 2012, you did not win a champsionship in DI football

I was wrong. My bad.

Let that be a lesson for those who don't know how to admit when you were wrong.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there are 2 kinds of people in this world. Ones who realize apples to oranges comparisons are worthless and ones that think they're a solid way to make a point.

Says the guy talking about ROY and accolades that were earned half a decade ago, or pointing to a lack of results with a lesser talent as to why that will change now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So translate...there are two types of people in the world. Homers...and everyone else.

People who disregard stats, results, and history and instead base their opinions on hope and wishes are homers. Nothing wrong with it, but don't get your panties in a bundle when your homerism is called out.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was averaging 4.3 yards per carry which would have put him 1.3 yards into the endzone??

I'm not sure you understand what a good game is for a running back.

I watched every snap of every game of the entire season. I didn't just read a stat sheet. C'mon now. He got stopped REGULARLY on short yardage for a year and a half before that. <shrug>

Taking handoffs when teams were expecting Wilson to run, or being through to the secondary untouched on passing downs? He was fvcking nails.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Bradford was good in Green Bay's game at least on paper. They got nothing from the run game either although I credit the Vikings D with that win. Vikings D got in Rodgers' face all day thus completely nullifying their offense.

If you could GUARANTEE Bradford's health I'd be fine with the trade... but that's the problem. At SOME point he's likely to go down and then you took even more reps away from the QB that has to come in.

I think Vikings think they have a legit shot this year and panicked a bit and pulled an unfavorable trade. They definitely have the defense to go the distance, but I think Carolina, Green Bay, (come playoffs, they were @ Minnesota), Arizona, or Seattle once they figure out the line and Wilson gets better will still take it. Giants are looking pretty decent too defensively...