• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do You Want As The Steelers Next QB?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to root for him, but I keep questioning whether or not he actually looked good last year. Because in comparison to how Green played, I think even I could look good in there.

Expectations were pretty low after Pouncey left... But damn. We could have set the bar on the ground & Green still ended up bringing a shovel.
I think he looked best as an actual Center. Sure, compared to Green that isn't much. And Cole doesn't fill me with any confidence.

Hass has looked solid and has actually improved over time, IMO. He'll never be the All-Pro we want, but until we find that guy, he'll be acceptable to me.

Hass could be the' Hartwig' to Green's 'Mahan'. And then we get the next Pouncey.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he looked best as an actual Center. Sure, compared to Green that isn't much. And Cole doesn't fill me with any confidence.

Hass has looked solid and has actually improved over time, IMO. He'll never be the All-Pro we want, but until we find that guy, he'll be acceptable to me.

Hass could be the' Hartwig' to Green's 'Mahan'. And then we get the next Pouncey.
I can get behind that! Will definitely be an interesting camp battle to keep our eyes on. Although I don't have a ton of confidence in the coaches after Green was elected starter last year & we saw how that played out.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such strange situation to be concerned about C the last couple seasons. I’m 52 and have never known anything but our C being the best in football; almost as if it was our right.
It is our right. Always take pride in Center's for Pittsburgh being the best of the best. I don't think any team has as great of an OC tradition as Pittsburgh does.

The years we had subpar play there have been gut-wrenching.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh. I had heard the opposite. Or maybe I was drunk.
You're correct. Just looked it up. He played C in college. Drafted by the Cards in the 3rd Rd of 2018 draft. He started 16 games at C as a rookie, but was demoted to backup in 2019. Only played 2 games in 2019 at Guard in place of injury. Fast forward to 2021... Vikes trade a 6th to AZ for him. Started at C for 4 weeks mid-season in place of their starter being out for COVID. Then took over RG for 3 games before getting injured.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing Pickett & Trubisky can run.

:pound:Wow. He wasn't even trying. Maybe we should have went OL then. I don't evaluate OL (not a fantasy position lol) so I just trust what I hear and I heard a lot of good. But this joker looks like a speed bump at best in that clip.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:Wow. He wasn't even trying. Maybe we should have went OL then. I don't evaluate OL (not a fantasy position lol) so I just trust what I hear and I heard a lot of good. But this joker looks like a speed bump at best in that clip.
Clark IS a 2x pro bowler. Very good DT.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clark IS a 2x pro bowler. Very good DT.
Doing some digging on Cole... He played weeks 8-14 last year. The 4 games at center he played against: BAL, LAC, GB, & SF. Then 3 games at Guard he played against: DET, PIT, & CHI.

Kenny Clark & Linval Joseph were the toughest competition he saw at C.

Good read here:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing some digging on Cole... He played weeks 8-14 last year. The 4 games at center he played against: BAL, LAC, GB, & SF. Then 3 games at Guard he played against: DET, PIT, & CHI.

Good read here:
From that first chart alone, I would take Hass.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From that first chart alone, I would take Hass.
Way more balanced.

Cole graded as 75.2 as a run blocker, and 44.1 as a pass blocker... His pass block grade ranked as the 6th WORST amongst Centers.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked like Todd Haley leaving a bar.....I hope the scotch tape they applied with the off season signings holds up......
Best hope is that the talent surrounding C makes up for it. Daniels & Dotson are road-graders that play with nastiness.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good read here:
I was feeling good.

Thanks for not letting that get out of hand.

Dick.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best hope is that the talent surrounding C makes up for it. Daniels & Dotson are road-graders that play with nastiness.
For this season yeah. But we still need to find the guy.

You should have your best players closest to the ball at the snap.

I very much need to see an All Pro at OC again.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was feeling good.

Thanks for not letting that get out of hand.

Dick.
Hey to be fair I started this entire thread derailment discussion about OL by saying Center was one of the biggest question marks next season.