• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will ODB play next season?

Where will Odell Beckham play next season?

• Cleveland

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • New England

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • San Francisco

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Oakland

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Talk his way out of the NFL like AB

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland's asking price is going to be outrageous. The remainder of his current deal is very lucrative though at just $15m per year for 4 more years (not even top 10 at the position anymore). But the compensation has to match what Cleveland has already invested, and that's somewhere around $37m for 1 season.

That said, it still takes substantial risk for the new team to take on. I don't know if a team with a good nucleus like SF would want to introduce this sort of me-first poison to their lockerroom. At least a smart GM wouldn't.
why is it all his teammates seem to like him?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep asking price could be more than the NYG wanted. I think if he sticks around one more year and gains chemistry with Baker while this team making some coaching changes...it will benefit him. I really don't think he has been a problem off the field, it's been on the field. He doesn't need to skip camp or practice...he needs to work as much as he can with his team. I think that alone made a huge difference in this past season. Well other than Kitchens being a fat fucking idiot and Baker regressing.
Kitchens' offense I think is doing neither OBJ nor Baker any favors. Also wonder how much his injury has affected him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted CLE...they have an awful lot invested to try and move him and his value can't be at it's highest coming off this season.

For those reasons, my guess is he's back in CLE next year.
I agree....He does not seem like the type who would demand a trade and while I'm sure they'd listen to anyone who called they wont just give the guy away.

why would they?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't buy into any of the preseason hype. I said before the start of the season I'd consider it a good one if they won more games than last year (7) & beat those damn Steelers.

But Freddie has to go. He's made several bad play calls. And this team lacks discipline. I think they lead the league in penalties.
Penalties have come down lately. I think they are maybe 3-5th from bottom. Not good to be sure, but better than where they were.

But agree on Freddie. He just doesn't strike me as anything but dumb. I cannot point to anything he's done as a positive.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$200 million in talent, $2 worth of brains. If they aren't the dumbest and most undisciplined team in the league then there is a team that is a total disaster ... and I can't think of one

15lojx.jpg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality coaching and general management is necessary to the sort of steady growth you want. There’s a reason teams like the Packers, Steelers, Patriots, Giants and Ravens are usually at least competitive, if not have winning records. You’ll know the Browns are sucking (more) again, if they dump Mayfield or continue trying to garner high profile free agents.

Thanks. The Packers are the U.S. Marines of the NFL: they make due with less and are forced to be tough, playing on the frozen tundra. I’m an owner of the team and feel a smidge of pride when the team tries hard, even in a losing campaign.
Not a fan of Freddie as many have said, but you are 100% correct. In all this Dorsey hasn't made a peep. Guy was all over the place before the season when he was being called a genius.

Never bought it. I did like him, but thought he was too much like a fan....wanted the big splash and name players as opposed to caring about fit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's too early to give up on Mayfield. And I think he's a jackass. But he's the QB of my team & I've been waiting too long for them to finally have a competent QB. Hoping he's the QB of the future. But he still has much to prove.

I see no reason for them to go after high profile players. Like I mentioned in another comment the OL has to be the # 1 off season priority.

Feel exact same about Baker. still hold out hope he'll be the guy he was last season and be even better. That Freddie is the issue. If it's Baker we are in trouble.

Unreal the pass Dorsey got from so many for ignoring the line with so many assets and so much cap room.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind the older players like him as well as his former Giants' teammates?
Lol... From one dysfunctional franchise to another. Yea, those are reliable sources for character judgement.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....He does not seem like the type who would demand a trade and while I'm sure they'd listen to anyone who called they wont just give the guy away.

why would they?

Divas are like squeaky wheels, they tend to get oiled 1st. Acquiring two WR1 type via FA signings in their prime is not the ideal way to build a team, because neither will want to accept the WR2 role (even though both will get a lot of targets).

But they have made the deal now and the cost to acquire him will make it very difficult for them move him without a good ROI.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Divas are like squeaky wheels, they tend to get oiled 1st. Acquiring two WR1 type via FA signings in their prime is not the ideal way to build a team, because neither will want to accept the WR2 role (even though both will get a lot of targets).

But they have made the deal now and the cost to acquire him will make it very difficult for them move him without a good ROI.
In general I agree 100%, but would point out this year Landry is probably doing more than what was expected.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... From one dysfunctional franchise to another. Yea, those are reliable sources for character judgement.
You implied he wasn't liked and was poison in a locker room. Your comment was baseless.

Not much more to it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ will be fine if

A. He gets his stats

Or

B. His team wins

Or

C. Both A&B

When hes trouble is when

D. He doesnt get his and his te ass n loses.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In general I agree 100%, but would point out this year Landry is probably doing more than what was expected.

Maybe, but they threw it to him 140+ times last year so I think they were expecting a 1k yd season at the very least.

Without watching the games, you would think these guys are 1 and 1A based on the target stats...OBJ was only a few targets behind Landry....should not be having a beef over anything.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but they threw it to him 140+ times last year so I think they were expecting a 1k yd season at the very least.

Without watching the games, you would think these guys are 1 and 1A based on the target stats...OBJ was only a few targets behind Landry....should not be having a beef over anything.
Assuming you are talking only about OBJ (not Landry) and I agree. I'm sure more was expected from him. Wonder how much has to do with his injury.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odell will be fine, wherever he plays. Just watch

a46468d344f344edb75615e1af85c45d_md.jpg