• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Russell Wilson be a Starting QB anywhere next Year?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Russell hadn't already written his ticket out of Denver, he most certainly wrote it tonight, especially considering his cap hit over the next two years if he is still on Denver; 's roster a few days into the 2024 NFL season. So the big question is, will Russell Wilson be a starting QB anywhere next year?

A not-so-small part of me thinks he will retire so he can devote his full time to his Hollywood image, and make a graceful exit rather than being publicly humiliated by finding there is no taker for his services.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I think he starts next year, he’s clearly better than at least the bottom 10 QBs, then at least probably or definitely better than the next 5 guys after that.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Russell hadn't already written his ticket out of Denver, he most certainly wrote it tonight, especially considering his cap hit over the next two years if he is still on Denver; 's roster a few days into the 2024 NFL season. So the big question is, will Russell Wilson be a starting QB anywhere next year?

A not-so-small part of me thinks he will retire so he can devote his full time to his Hollywood image, and make a graceful exit rather than being publicly humiliated by finding there is no taker for his services.

Yeah, about that, exactly how many people in the history of the NFL have proven they can competently play the position of QB in the NFL? I have to say that somebody will pay for his services. Will they be willing to pay his current salary, that remains to be seen, but what else can he do and make that kind of money? Do you really believe his wife is going to live with him going from $50m per year to $0? You're an idiot or have never been married if you think a wife anywhere in the world will live with that kind of pay cut...think about that for a minute or lifetime if you want

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He'll likely still be on the roster for Denver next season as he's owed a lot of guaranteed money and he's a huge cap hit.

If Overthecap is correct he'll have $0 guaranteed 2025 and beyond and if the Broncos cut him after June 1st the cap hit drops to $18,400,000 which still large but better than $40 million.

After the haul Denver gave up for Wilson and Payton I'm almost certain that Payton is playing the long game here and never walked into the job expecting a really quick turnaround.

So I anticipate Denver will draft a QB to develop for next season and have Wilson for 2024 and ditch him in 2025. They'll look to load up on young guys the next two drafts and in 2026 they'll look to make their push into legit Super Bowl contenders.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude played well enough for the team to win

your D gave up 26 to a horrible offense. granted 7 was a turnover

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, about that, exactly how many people in the history of the NFL have proven they can competently play the position of QB in the NFL? I have to say that somebody will pay for his services. Will they be willing to pay his current salary, that remains to be seen, but what else can he do and make that kind of money? Do you really believe his wife is going to live with him going from $50m per year to $0? You're an idiot or have never been married if you think a wife anywhere in the world will live with that kind of pay cut...think about that for a minute or lifetime if you want
Don't know what kind of woman/women you've been married to, but if your wife is only with because of your paycheck then i feel sorry for you. Also, you might want to keep your back door locked.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ isn't great and yeah, his price is too high for what he brings but there's a lot of teams around the league right now that would gladly take him over their current situation. I mean hell, Joe fucking Flacco signed off the couch and is doing okay.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what kind of woman/women you've been married to, but if your wife is only with because of your paycheck then i feel sorry for you. Also, you might want to keep your back door locked.

If he doesn't earn another dime his net worth is currently $165 million. So she isn't going anywhere... not because of money anyway.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not talking about my wife, it's about Russ' wife and what kind of woman she is.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ isn't great and yeah, his price is too high for what he brings but there's a lot of teams around the league right now that would gladly take him over their current situation. I mean hell, Joe fucking Flacco signed off the couch and is doing okay.
Flacco is a fluke who has capitalized on running into opponents at opportune times..
He's beaten Jacksonville - who waltzed into December and promptly shit the bed
Chicago - who sucks with or without Fields
Houston - who has proven that without Stroud and Dell, they look more like a 5-12 team.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about my wife, it's about Russ' wife and what kind of woman she is.
I don't think Russ and Ciara ever have to worry about money. And Russ will likely be a coach at some point in the future. Position coach or whatever but I can see him coaching or possibly going into broadcasting.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Russ and Ciara ever have to worry about money. And Russ will likely be a coach at some point in the future. Position coach or whatever but I can see him coaching or possibly going into broadcasting.

Broadcasting?

CringeRuss is a much better nickname. Cousins has more swagger.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true. Cousins would actually be good in the booth, imo. But any ex-player can get into broadcasting.

Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith were both terrible broadcasters. It's not for everyone.

I do agree Russ could be a coach at some point.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are basically 2 choices for the Broncos regarding Wilson:
1) Pay him $39M to go away and not play.
2) Pay him $76M for the next 2 seasons.

It comes down to whether 2 seasons of Wilson is worth more than the $37M difference.
If another team thinks 2 seasons of Wilson is worth more than $37M and worth more than the Broncos are willing to pay Wilson they could trade for him. The trading team would pick up what they're prepared to pay, the Broncos would pay the rest, and there would likely be a swap of future 7th round picks.

Personally i'd pass on acquiring Wilson for 2 years at $37M+.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean peyton hates russ but I don't see the FO blowing up the team yet for what they gave up in draft picks for these two. Have a solid draft and see what the 2024 season brings them.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Russ to the Falcons & Cousins to the Broncos?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean peyton hates russ but I don't see the FO blowing up the team yet for what they gave up in draft picks for these two. Have a solid draft and see what the 2024 season brings them.
They didn’t really give up much for Payton when you consider the 1st they gave N.O is the pick they got from Miami who overpaid for a Pass Rusher who Denver wasn’t going to re-sign anyways. I think they swapped a 2nd with their 3rd but it didn’t really set them back anything.