• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will Justin Fields transfer to?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll eat my words if I'm wrong, mind you, and for your sake I hope I'm at least kinda wrong. Just looking at his HS stats, he has a bit of that "Shane Morris" to him that gives me pause. He'll be a project, for sure.

I'm not doubting you. I think the Plumlee kid out of Mississippi will wind up being the better QB, but he's not gonna enroll until August, and there's even a chance he'll focus on baseball when he does get here.

But honestly, I'm fine with a project for a backup at this point.

In 2017, all we heard was when is Jacob Eason gonna get his job back, and then this year, all we heard was when is Justin Fields gonna take the job, when all Fromm did was play an excellent QB, get better every week and be the perfect QB for our system.

Fields is obviously the better talent than Mathis, but he was gonna be a bit of a project getting him in a pro style system. Fields might wind up being a better college QB than Fromm, but that doesn't mean he was a better QB for our system though.

We don't have an insurance policy now, but I want to see how Fromm does when the media around here isn't putting his job on the line every week.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it I think Day will phase out the RPO. The RPO is in a long line of evolving offensive schemes that come and go. College football is turning into an air raid and with what Haskins did this year, expect more of that to come with a big arm QB.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not doubting you. I think the Plumlee kid out of Mississippi will wind up being the better QB, but he's not gonna enroll until August, and there's even a chance he'll focus on baseball when he does get here.

But honestly, I'm fine with a project for a backup at this point.

In 2017, all we heard was when is Jacob Eason gonna get his job back, and then this year, all we heard was when is Justin Fields gonna take the job, when all Fromm did was play an excellent QB, get better every week and be the perfect QB for our system.

Fields is obviously the better talent than Mathis, but he was gonna be a bit of a project getting him in a pro style system. Fields might wind up being a better college QB than Fromm, but that doesn't mean he was a better QB for our system though.

We don't have an insurance policy now, but I want to see how Fromm does when the media around here isn't putting his job on the line every week.
Fromm is the real deal. His play against Alabama was extremely impressive. You guys definitely have a title-caliber QB. I hope he stays all 4 years.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Fields saw how Haskins progressed.
Not only that, but we saw JT Barrett go from 2,428 yards and 25 TDs in 2016 to 2,939 yards and 35 TDs while increasing his completion % and QBR, while increasing his YPA by nearly a yard and a half, as well.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to Justin in your future endeavors. Hope he gets the waiver to be able to play next season.

I think he's gonna be really good, he was just never gonna beat out Fromm. That doesn't mean he won't be a better QB than Fromm, but Fromm better fits our system, and Fields is a better fit for OSU's.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at Tate Martell.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...but how is he not beating out Fromm?

...something doesn't add up here.

...good luck to all involved.

pooods

Sittin Necked on a Beanbag Eatin Cheetoes
Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to Justin in your future endeavors. Hope he gets the waiver to be able to play next season.

Sorry for the bow bro but damn..

A few quotes from today -

"Fields will petition the NCAA for immediate eligibility in Columbus, and would have a case based on a racial slur directed at Fields by a Georgia baseball player this season." - Cleveland.com

"In October, a Georgia baseball player was dismissed from that program after it was discovered he was using racial slurs aimed Fields. There is no timetable for a decision about his eligibility. It was not until April of 2018 when Shea Patterson was ruled eligible for Michigan this past season." - Letterman Row

"Fields was the subject of racially bigoted comments made by a Georgia baseball player during a Sept. 29 win against Tennessee, which led to that player’s dismissal from the program after an internal investigation. That incident could be used in the process of getting a waiver." - USA Today

Is this how you want UGA portrayed?

And if you think JF did not tamper with recruits and current players you are crazy. I am glad that cancer is gone and I don't wish him well.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the bow bro but damn..

A few quotes from today -

"Fields will petition the NCAA for immediate eligibility in Columbus, and would have a case based on a racial slur directed at Fields by a Georgia baseball player this season." - Cleveland.com

"In October, a Georgia baseball player was dismissed from that program after it was discovered he was using racial slurs aimed Fields. There is no timetable for a decision about his eligibility. It was not until April of 2018 when Shea Patterson was ruled eligible for Michigan this past season." - Letterman Row

"Fields was the subject of racially bigoted comments made by a Georgia baseball player during a Sept. 29 win against Tennessee, which led to that player’s dismissal from the program after an internal investigation. That incident could be used in the process of getting a waiver." - USA Today

Is this how you want UGA portrayed?

And if you think JF did not tamper with recruits and current players you are crazy. I am glad that cancer is gone and I don't wish him well.

I can't blame the dude for wanting to go somewhere he can play, and I don't blame him for trying to use everything he can to be able to play next season. It might be a flimsy argument, but it's his best shot for immediate eligibility.

From everything I have read he's been a good teammate since his transfer was announced, and practiced his ass off for the Sugar Bowl, and that's while we were hearing a lot of players seemed to be going through the motions for a lot of the practices.

Maybe I'm not that upset because I thought the writing was on the wall when his father started speaking out.

But at the end of the day, he's a kid that wants what's best for him, and I can't be mad about that. I was less than happy with the players that followed Grantham to Louisville, and I'm glad we got to beat the brakes off of them and Grantham in 2014, but with it sounding like Fromm will play out his eligibility, you're not gonna convince a recruit as highly rated as Fields to sit 3 years. He thought he was gonna come in and beat out Fromm, he didn't, so he's leaving. It sucks for us because we now have no insurance policy, and Stetson Bennett(former walk on that transferred out last year to transfer back this year under scholarship) will probably be our backup since he's familiar with the system, but you've gotta do what's best for you.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How embarrassing. Day can’t even recruit and develop his own QBs.