• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will Justin Fields transfer to?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why he isn't xonsconside them now? It's the ideal spot. I think Tommy Stevens has potential, but not as much as Fields.

Im not sure about Stevens as a passer, though I guess you could say the same about Fields. But I'd take the chances with Fields over him for sure.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure about Stevens as a passer, though I guess you could say the same about Fields. But I'd take the chances with Fields over him for sure.

Agreed. That's why he should go there IMO. All the other top 15ish teams have somebody ready to go, or a talented kid who just hasn't seen the field, much like him, so there'd be a competition.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. That's why he should go there IMO. All the other top 15ish teams have somebody ready to go, or a talented kid who just hasn't seen the field, much like him, so there'd be a competition.

I like Martell, but I dont think you can say no to Fields, even if it means Martell transferring.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Martell, but I dont think you can say no to Fields, even if it means Martell transferring.

I would agree, but I wouldn't put it at 100% in Fields beating him out. Especially since Martell has been in that offense 2 years now. From a physical standpoint Fields destroys Martell. But it would still be a battle.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree, but I wouldn't put it at 100% in Fields beating him out. Especially since Martell has been in that offense 2 years now. From a physical standpoint Fields destroys Martell. But it would still be a battle.

I think if we get Fields, Martell transfers out pretty much right away. Don't think he'd stick around for a battle and I dont blame him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why he isn't considering them now? It's the ideal spot. I think Tommy Stevens has potential, but not as much as Fields.
I don't even think Stevens necessarily has the job with Sean Clifford there, but I do agree that they would be perfect for Fields. Had he stuck with them, he'd have a ton of momentum coming into this season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we get Fields, Martell transfers out pretty much right away. Don't think he'd stick around for a battle and I dont blame him.
I'm not so sure. The kid has a lot of fire to him. With his pedigree, I could see him wanting to go out and at least give it what he has and try and just take it outright.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure. The kid has a lot of fire to him. With his pedigree, I could see him wanting to go out and at least give it what he has and try and just take it outright.

Agreed but who knows, I wouldn't blame him for getting butt hurt about basically bringing in a FA to probably replace him when hes been waiting in the system for 2 years behind Barrett and Haskins.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but who knows, I wouldn't blame him for getting butt hurt about basically bringing in a FA to probably replace him when hes been waiting in the system for 2 years behind Barrett and Haskins.
There's another side to it, too, though. Yes we have Martell, but behind him we have Matthew Baldwin, who has never even seen the field, and nobody. Losing Dwan Mathis hurt from a simple numbers standpoint (even though he never would've played here), so I'd hope Martell understands that if you have the opportunity to bring in an elite player at such an important position is simply business. Martell isn't big, and he runs a lot, so injuries can absolutely happen.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's another side to it, too, though. Yes we have Martell, but behind him we have Matthew Baldwin, who has never even seen the field, and nobody. Losing Dwan Mathis hurt from a simple numbers standpoint (even though he never would've played here), so I'd hope Martell understands that if you have the opportunity to bring in an elite player at such an important position is simply business. Martell isn't big, and he runs a lot, so injuries can absolutely happen.

How dare you forget about CHUGNOV! :lol:

Either way QB depth losing Mathis is shot. If Fields doesnt come its Martell and Baldwin.....If Fields does come, Martell transfers and it's Fields/Baldwin

I wouldnt be shocked if they go out and grab some unsigned 3* QB they think they might be able to develop to decent just for depth purposes in this class.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of sick of this nonsense. This is a kid who signed with a team that had a true freshmen lead his team to the NC game. You had to guess that isn’t wasn’t going to be easy to just walk in and replace him. This isn’t some junior that saw his job taken by a freshmen and has 1 year to audition for the NFL.

Agreed. If he finds his way to OU because of this:

And, of course, what quarterback these days wouldn't be interested in Oklahoma given the back-to-back Heisman Trophies won by Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray in Lincoln Riley’s first two seasons as head coach.

I hope he grows up a little and understands that both Mayfield and Murray have previous experience starting with another team and that they both also spent at least a year on the scout team and had that time to truly learn and understand Riley's offense. A lot of these new kids could stand to learn that putting in your time to perfect your craft and gain a full understanding of the offense they will be running is the key to success.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare you forget about CHUGNOV! :lol:

Either way QB depth losing Mathis is shot. If Fields doesnt come its Martell and Baldwin.....If Fields does come, Martell transfers and it's Fields/Baldwin

I wouldnt be shocked if they go out and grab some unsigned 3* QB they think they might be able to develop to decent just for depth purposes in this class.
With Jack Miller coming in 2020, I don't know that having Mathis this year would be any kind of improvement over having Chugnov, seriously. Mathis is at least a year or two away from being ready for any kind of involvement, and while Chugnov hasn't been good, he hasn't been horrible either. In a pinch, he's a fine 3rd stringer. Let's just pray it doesn't come to that.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Jack Miller coming in 2020, I don't know that having Mathis this year would be any kind of improvement over having Chugnov, seriously. Mathis is at least a year or two away from being ready for any kind of involvement, and while Chugnov hasn't been good, he hasn't been horrible either. In a pinch, he's a fine 3rd stringer. Let's just pray it doesn't come to that.

Probably not but the problem is you lose that potential development you could have had with Mathis in 2/3 years. Which would have been nice to have. Now Jack Miller is leaned on heavily if he happens to sign in 2020

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking tampering by Georgia and Kirby Smart. @Chewbaccer the NCAA will be getting a letter from me personally.

@Across The Field said that Mathis would probably never see meaningful snaps and that he was only a 4 star because of his height. Honestly, he was never on UGA's radar that I knew of before yesterday, so I didn't look too much into him, so I'll take his word.

We needed to get a QB for springball though, and yall are the favorites to land Fields.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not but the problem is you lose that potential development you could have had with Mathis in 2/3 years. Which would have been nice to have. Now Jack Miller is leaned on heavily if he happens to sign in 2020
Well the way I see it, we have either Martell or Fields for the next two years, including Miller's first year. If he's not ready to play his second season, that's a problem either way.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Across The Field said that Mathis would probably never see meaningful snaps and that he was only a 4 star because of his height. Honestly, he was never on UGA's radar that I knew of before yesterday, so I didn't look too much into him, so I'll take his word.

We needed to get a QB for springball though, and yall are the favorites to land Fields.
I'll eat my words if I'm wrong, mind you, and for your sake I hope I'm at least kinda wrong. Just looking at his HS stats, he has a bit of that "Shane Morris" to him that gives me pause. He'll be a project, for sure.